What's new

Ra Helios in neutral

What type of fight pad do you recommend me to buy because I am the type of player that like to slam my thumb on the buttons.

The mkx fight pad. Can't really do that because how cheap it feels and Iam afraid to brake it
I play on stick so I dunno, but the pros that play pad seem to use ps4 pads. I think Hori makes some good ones (or so I've heard).

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What type of fight pad do you recommend me to buy because I am the type of player that like to slam my thumb on the buttons.

The mkx fight pad. Can't really do that because how cheap it feels and Iam afraid to brake it
The Hori commander dude. Try it.

E

Eldriken

He doesn't do standing 720s, they're always buffered from something.

He doesn't use this at all? I thought he did. Oh well. If not, whatever. He still does a really good job with Zangief on a pad.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

He doesn't use this at all? I thought he did. Oh well. If not, whatever. He still does a really good job with Zangief on a pad.
No, Itabashi is the one who, for a time, was doing them. Every other zangief player buffers. It's very easy to do when buffering from a jump, blockstun, hitstun etc.

E

Eldriken

No, Itabashi is the one who, for a time, was doing them. Every other zangief player buffers. It's very easy to do when buffering from a jump, blockstun, hitstun etc.
Ah, alright. Thanks for the info.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What did you think of Infiltration's Nash during the Exhibition?

Snake eyes can for sure do a stand 720, but I've only ever seen him take ultra one vs a few characters(Rufus). I'm pretty sure(completely sure) that it's buffered because it's safer AND easier(not to mention you can manipulate the range it hits at by whiffing. It's definitely not that he can't do them, it's just that the setups in which ultra one is relevant allows for it to be done in a pretty foolproof way.

Gief has 6 frame startup on his jump so as long as you can twirl it in 6 frames you can do it. Not to mention you don't need to do a full 720, just making it 7/8 of the way on the second twirl will work(pretty sure that doesn't work with Hugo though).

Fill me in on what's going on here.

Show me footage of this. I don't think SnakeEyez does standing 720s.
He doesn't, but he for sure can. It's not super difficult. He does plenty of gief/eryu stuff that's a lot harder. I'd be pretty surprised if he couldn't do a 3/4 motion in a quarter of a second when he can hit two one frame links in half of one.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
He doesn't, but he for sure can. It's not super difficult. He does plenty of gief/eryu stuff that's a lot harder. I'd be pretty surprised if he couldn't do a 3/4 motion in a quarter of a second when he can hit two one frame links in half of one.
720s can't be done on pad because pads aren't capable of pressing a direction for exactly 1 frame. At least not regular pads. Anyways, some of the posts that that they're buffered anyway. Which is the regular way of doing them.

720s can't be done on pad because pads aren't capable of pressing a direction for exactly 1 frame. At least not regular pads. Anyways, some of the posts that that they're buffered anyway. Which is the regular way of doing them.
pretty sure vangief used to do stand 720s on pad with some shenanigans involving the analog stick.
Also you technically only need 4 inputs on the second rotation.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Madcatz or whatever is coming out with a line of 6 face button pads aimed at SFV. I'm gonna pick one up myself and see how I like it when they are available. I think they run about 60$