What's new

Match Footage Ra Helios (Catwoman) Vs KITForeverKing

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I resumed near the very end and an hour into the games he still tries to backdash after blocking B3.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Nothing wrong there. Batman is plus 12. His back2 comes out in 15 frames. You can backdash it everytime.
If Batman is doing B2 then it's just dumb to backdash. It can easily be jumped, B3d again, dash punished. B2 is the end of Batman's pressure unless it's cancelled into batarangs.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If Batman is doing B2 then it's just dumb to backdash. It can easily be jumped, B3d again, dash punished. B2 is the end of Batman's pressure unless it's cancelled into batarangs.
MB Batarang after B2 can be interrupted. The thing is, if you just stand there expecting the B2, that can allow Batman to poke with a B1, or try a cross up, or other things. It's all about conditioning.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
MB Batarang after B2 can be interrupted. The thing is, if you just stand there expecting the B2, that can allow Batman to poke with a B1, or try a cross up, or other things. It's all about conditioning.
I'm talking about this situation, what are you gonna do about it? He's +12, if he wants to cross you up then he will, if he wants to B1 he will.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player

Tell me what ya think of the match?
Since no one is actually talking about the matches I decided to watch 30 minutes of the video and critique @Ra Helios game play.

I will list the positive points of Mr.Helios first.
  • Nice execution. I rarely saw you drop a combo, and you converted from awkward hits many times, showing a great presence of mind (or instinct).
  • Great set-ups. Many times you would take Forever King's life bar through one knockdown into a mix-up that he could not block. The car interactable seems especially broken against Batman, I saw him try to slide kick and you still punished him so it was free damage a lot of the time. You also did some weird cat dash mix-ups that I honestly am not sure whether they crossed up or not.
  • Fast reaction times. Your raw reactions are impressive, especially considering it was online. I saw you d1 between many of Batman's strings, enough so that King stopped using them frequently. You also won most air to air exchanges with a quick j1 to trade on reaction. Though what was the best was punishing Batman's air sparkles with b3, that happened at the start of the match quite a lot.
Now I will move to the negative points, or parts that you need to improve on.
  • Predictable close range pressure game. You rely too much on the 50/50 to open up King, if he blocked the initial hit your pressure basically ended. You did some stagger strings, but they were also too predictable, especially when doing b1, b11 shenanigans. What I would add is more throws, I don't think I ever saw you throw and that is just a shame. You should also try to yolo a bit more, like doing b11~cat claws, or a stagger into d1~cat claws. Consider doing whip at the end of strings to catch King trying to move. That way King respects you more close-up to make it easier to put more mix-ups on him
  • Bad footsies. This is the part where the online aspect of the game shows the most. You did try walking at some point, but your basic method of approach was to either dash in b3, dash in 50/50, or to do a jump-in. Offline I am certain King would punish those dash ins more and force you to try walking in instead of recklessly rushing in like you did most of the time. Unfortunately the best advice I have to to give for this point is to just play offline. You can practice whiff punishing in the training mode, but online it is near impossible to attempt.
  • Free to DarthArma set-up. I don't know if King has godlike reads but you got hit by the DarthArma set-up (MB~grapple into trait/whiff normal into ambiguous j2) too much. I would go the training mode and try doing the set-up as Batman to get an idea at what space it crosses up and it does not. Either that or just try pure guessing left or right every time, not sure if you tried to to backdash or jump from it because you got hit by it too much.
  • Not enough armor. This should go in predictable pressure game but I need to make a separate point because it changed games. After b3 you are at minus -3, yes, but that does not mean you have to block every time. Try doing what 16bit does and do a MBB3 after b3. You can also try back dashing after it to see if you can get a whiff punish. Point is you blocked too much at times. In this game disadvantage does not mean much because backlashes are instant and armor is 5 frames.
Here is the only advice I have for @FOREVER KING
  • Stop using the motorcycle. Seriously that is a billcycle.

Last edited:

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Since no one is actually talking about the matches I decided to watch 30 minutes of the video and critique @Ra Helios game play.

I will list the positive points of Mr.Helios first.
  • Nice execution. I rarely saw you drop a combo, and you converted from awkward hits many times, showing a great presence of mind (or instinct).
  • Great set-ups. Many times you would take Forever King's life bar through one knockdown into a mix-up that he could not block. The car interactable seems especially broken against Batman, I saw him try to slide kick and you still punished him so it was free damage a lot of the time. You also did some weird cat dash mix-ups that I honestly am not sure whether they crossed up or not.
  • Fast reaction times. Your raw reactions are impressive, especially considering it was online. I saw you d1 between many of Batman's strings, enough so that King stopped using them frequently. You also won most air to air exchanges with a quick j1 to trade on reaction. Though what was the best was punishing Batman's air sparkles with b3, that happened at the start of the match quite a lot.
Now I will move to the negative points, or parts that you need to improve on.
  • Predictable close range pressure game. You rely too much on the 50/50 to open up King, if he blocked the initial hit your pressure basically ended. You did some stagger strings, but they were also too predictable, especially when doing b1, b11 shenanigans. What I would add is more throws, I don't think I ever saw you throw and that is just a shame. You should also try to yolo a bit more, like doing b11~cat claws, or a stagger into d1~cat claws. Consider doing whip at the end of strings to catch King trying to move. That way King respects you more close-up to make it easier to put more mix-ups on him
  • Bad footsies. This is the part where the online aspect of the game shows the most. You did try walking at some point, but your basic method of approach was to either dash in b3, dash in 50/50, or to do a jump-in. Offline I am certain King would punish those dash ins more and force you to try walking in instead of recklessly rushing in like you did most of the time. Unfortunately the best advice I have to to give for this point is to just play offline. You can practice whiff punishing in the training mode, but online it is near impossible to attempt.
  • Free to DarthArma set-up. I don't know if King has godlike reads but you got hit by the DarthArma set-up (MB~grapple into trait/whiff normal into ambiguous j2) too much. I would go the training mode and try doing the set-up as Batman to get an idea at what space it crosses up and it does not. Either or just try pure guessing left or right every time, not sure if you tried to to backdash or jump from it because you got hit by it too much.
  • Not enough armor. This should go in predictable pressure game but I need to make a separate point because it changed games. After b3 you are at minus -3, yes, but that does not mean you have to block every time. Try doing what 16bit does and do a MBB3 after b3. You can also try back dashing after it to see if you can get a whiff punish. Point is you blocked too much at times. In this game disadvantage does not mean much because backlashes are instant and armor is 5 frames.
Here is the only advice I have for @FOREVER KING
  • Stop using the motorcycle. Seriously that is a billcycle.

Thanks. I want to see my cons so I can improve. Tell me something? What is footsies? I know about the MBB3 back dash. Batman can punish it with b123. MBB3 with another b3 is to predictable and King is a smart player so he won't be fooled with that. Probably if I played someone else but not with King.

You can also do a b3 and a 7 Frame poke. But honestly you can probably get away with it one time.

I also didn't do her low whip alot. I sometimes I over analyze the game to much because it very readable and negative.

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Thanks. I want to see my cons so I can improve. Tell me something? What is footsies? I know about the MBB3 back dash. Batman can punish it with b123. MBB3 with another b3 is to predictable and King is a smart player so he won't be fooled with that. Probably if I played someone else but not with King.

You can also do a b3 and a 7 Frame poke. But honestly you can probably get away with it one time.

I also didn't do her low whip. I sometimes over analyze the game to much because it very readable and negative.
Batman has a b123 string?

maybe you should offer that information next time instead of being an s
asshole.