What's new

Tech Quick bits of tech.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Fellow presenters of the walking mix up machine known as Flash, it's about time we get back to work on finding tech, adding discussions and guides for our boy. I'll get things started for December with what I got recorded so far let's go time for tags, AK Harold xFriction_Burnx LEGEND Zyphox Xenrail Killjoy McGee thatgoon24 Dr. Handsome SEV SaJa DoctrineDark brizzle Doombawkz (I'M BACK MY BANE EXPERT!) Derocus FCP/EMP SCAR WITNESS Hellion_96 Mosp FOREVER BALLIN @Wow too many tags.

First off is fine tuning the OTG combo. On the video below, it causes a whiff with Death Stroke's Pizza Cutter.

Second I have some tests with b22 RMS cancels, showing that the Frame advantage may be as high as +7 on block and variations of the frame advantage we can get based off the videos. *Note, F2 RMS is +2 on block and +6 on hit, posted on channel.

And here's the example on controlling what advantage you can get,

On the third I got some new innovative uses for the charge in combos. These are not optimized so I suggest just keeping them in mind for like a quick practice on your execution until proper combos are found. Also a cool little knockdown with the charge that allows for a nice mix up. Remember to get read everything in spoilers for a quick explanation on the OTG!

And for the finale, a quick breakdown on the OTG or to be more clear pound, into a safe 50/50 (wow didn't see that coming). The main idea revolves around ending the combo with just enough time for the a sonic pound to hop over the character model and dodge their wake ups.

As said, if timed correctly Flash will station himself just next to the opposition while they attempt a special mode allowing for a punish. If they respect you, well guessing time baby. This set up is acquirable with getting his sweep to hit at max range and at the last frame, with that check you go for the far sonic pound, and depending on how you hit the d3 it will either cross up or not.

Be aware that this tech has not yet been fully explored on the Flash forum and all weaknesses have not been found as of yet. The cross up version has a higher chance of making wakeups whiff while the latter requires better timing. And so far the only characters that can counter this are as follows: Black Adam (LightingCage), Flash (Auto Correct Lighting Kick), Hawkgirl (Mace Charge), Lex Luthor,(CorpCharge), MMH (Any wake up, stupid hit box). With enough of that let's get to the video examples and we can close off this opening post.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
THAT will have to do I suppose ha. I'm guessing Bane was getting stale for ya after playing him for a while?
No, just I'm not really good as him. Labbing it up is one thing, but I couldn't bring it into practice and my negative stigma was starting to become an issue so I decided it would be better if I just pulled my hat out of the ring.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i dont quite understand what the point of doing the sweep in the otg is for, it didnt look like it connecte or anything at all, if it did at all its hard to tell since ur cameras pretty far away from the tv >.>

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i dont quite understand what the point of doing the sweep in the otg is for, it didnt look like it connecte or anything at all, if it did at all its hard to tell since ur cameras pretty far away from the tv >.>
I'm assuming it's to get the proper timing of the Sonic Pound...

BoricuaHeat

Red Reaper Thanks for explaining bro!

Axel_Redd The sweep I found is probably the optimal move to go on about setting up the OTG. It make look like it whiffs (excuse the example) but it travels at just the right time for wake ups to whiff and hit if they don't attempt. Far sonic pound is supposedly neutral on block but I am still not sure of that. I'll try and get the camera close to the T.V if you want for a better showing of the tech.

Doombawkz I know what you're going through, learning all that your character is capable of and not putting it into action is a big confidence killer for the match. It took me at least a month to get one of the many Flash gimmicks into my game. It differs from everyone so please my man reconsider and represent the luchador! Either way whatever you want bro, hope you have fun. If you're on PSN I'm always available.

I will try to get a full roundup of this tech being used on the entire cast with human testing for legitimacy, can't be spreading around tech like this without proving its worth.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Red Reaper Thanks for explaining bro!

Axel_Redd The sweep I found is probably the optimal move to go on about setting up the OTG. It make look like it whiffs (excuse the example) but it travels at just the right time for wake ups to whiff and hit if they don't attempt. Far sonic pound is supposedly neutral on block but I am still not sure of that. I'll try and get the camera close to the T.V if you want for a better showing of the tech.

Doombawkz I know what you're going through, learning all that your character is capable of and not putting it into action is a big confidence killer for the match. It took me at least a month to get one of the many Flash gimmicks into my game. It differs from everyone so please my man reconsider and represent the luchador! Either way whatever you want bro, hope you have fun. If you're on PSN I'm always available.

I will try to get a full roundup of this tech being used on the entire cast with human testing for legitimacy, can't be spreading around tech like this without proving its worth.
All this Flash Tech always makes me want to go back to him.. You may not know this but he was my main for a while before.

I wish the Arrow Forums were like this. I have so many ideas in my head right now.

BoricuaHeat

All this Flash Tech always makes me want to go back to him.. You may not know this but he was my main for a while before.

I wish the Arrow Forums were like this. I have so many ideas in my head right now.
Actually wasn't aware of that man. Playing Flash now and then won't hurt ya (or will it lol?) and it's always good to share those ideas to keep the forum going.

I use Green Arrow on the side because I whole heatedly really enjoy the character. If I had just as much knowledge as I do with Flash I would post for GA. Oh well with time I suppose

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Actually wasn't aware of that man. Playing Flash now and then won't hurt ya (or will it lol?) and it's always good to share those ideas to keep the forum going.

I use Green Arrow on the side because I whole heatedly really enjoy the character. If I had just as much knowledge as I do with Flash I would post for GA. Oh well with time I suppose
I should use him more. Part of my weakness with Flash is my relentlessness with RMS kancels. I do it even when there's no reason to.. F2~RMS was one of my favorites. I always thought it was ~neutral.. The main reason I don't use Flash is because I have three characters: Arrow, Martian, and Deathstroke.

I'm going to try to use all Arrow if I kan. I'm kurrently going through his Oki and character specific tools.

BoricuaHeat

I should use him more. Part of my weakness with Flash is my relentlessness with RMS kancels. I do it even when there's no reason to.. F2~RMS was one of my favorites. I always thought it was ~neutral..

I'm going to try to use all Arrow if I kan. I'm kurrently going through his Oki and character specific tools.
I believe RMS cancels are the future of Flash play. Having access to a lighting charge you can hit confirm off his best frame trapping tool (b22), punish backdashes, and manipulating the frame advantage to whatever you want is something to integrate. I started doing it exclusively after a lighting kick on hit now and it performs wonders. On the neutral people get scared of seeing Flash hump the ground and start to press buttons for some odd reason, easy bait for a punish. F2 RMS is also godlike, I just think of it as a separate over head compared to just F2 into Lk.

My Arrow oki just consists of f2d1 into high low mix up lol. Gotta work on that.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I believe RMS cancels are the future of Flash play. Having access to a lighting charge you can hit confirm off his best frame trapping tool (b22), punish backdashes, and manipulating the frame advantage to whatever you want is something to integrate. I started doing it exclusively after a lighting kick on hit now and it performs wonders. On the neutral people get scared of seeing Flash hump the ground and start to press buttons for some odd reason, easy bait for a punish. F2 RMS is also godlike, I just think of it as a separate over head compared to just F2 into Lk.

My Arrow oki just consists of f2d1 into high low mix up lol. Gotta work on that.
Depends on the players really. Patient players don't really do anything after RMS kancels unless I mess it up. Plus once people understand it they develop their new habits. I think B22~RMS is around the same amount of frame advantage as just B22.

I was working on stuffing wake ups and minimizing risks. lol.

BoricuaHeat

Depends on the players really. Patient players don't really do anything after RMS kancels unless I mess it up. Plus once people understand it they develop their new habits. I think B22~RMS is around the same amount of frame advantage as just B22.

I was working on stuffing wake ups and minimizing risks. lol.
True, different ways to approach a player with the cancels makes it fun. B22~RMS is actually +6 on block (possibly +7), b2, b22 and f2 are the main tools that should be used for RMS cancelling in my opinion all three granting some good options.

Minimizing risks sounds great for my yolo GA, gotta begin to utilize savage blast more often.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
True, different ways to approach a player with the cancels makes it fun. B22~RMS is actually +6 on block (possibly +7), b2, b22 and f2 are the main tools that should be used for RMS cancelling in my opinion all three granting some good options.

Minimizing risks sounds great for my yolo GA, gotta begin to utilize savage blast more often.
I remember testing it a while back with Reversals. Guess I was doing it a little slow. Or maybe it was changed in the patches?

Savage Blast is a risk in some match ups...

BoricuaHeat

I remember testing it a while back with Reversals. Guess I was doing it a little slow. Or maybe it was changed in the patches?

Savage Blast is a risk in some match ups...
Nothing stated on changes to RMS that I'm aware off.

I know man that sucks, like versus Flash he can get a free lighting charge any time if GA whiffs.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Nothing stated on changes to RMS that I'm aware off.

I know man that sucks, like versus Flash he can get a free lighting charge any time if GA whiffs.
So Flash's D3 is 11 Frames apparently and I did B22~RMS Kancel into D3 and only traded with Lex's Reversal Corp Charge.

This to me means +5. How did you get test it to get +6?

EDIT: Nvm... I got it to beat it out klean so it is +6 at least.

I also tested F2~RMS Kancel into Standing 1 (8 frames). It trades, which means it should be +2.

I think I am going to start using him after all. I forgot how much I loved him and his kancels. (I love kancels, part of the reason I use Green Arrow.)
He kinds kompliments Green Arrow by kovering his tough match ups like Bane and Batman.

Last edited: