What's new

Question Question for GA mains

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I wanna use him in Injustice 2 so Iv been trying to practice him in 1. He's fun but he feels like legit dumpster garbage. Am I missing something and Arrow is actually good? Does it seem like he will be better in this game? Should I just use him and try? Because I don't have a lot do time to play lately and I don't wanna waste too much of it learning a shit character, but he's very cool so idk...

@any Green Arrow players

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I have a want to main him as well but I want to see if he can actually do any damage this time around. His combos besides in the corner were so boring to me.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Out of all the characters we got in the first one, GA and Joker needed the full-on revamp the most.

Seeing him do the same stuff as the first game is an obscene let down after they nailed Kung Jin in MK X.

He should be doing wall jumps, backdashing arrow shots, boxing-gloved arrows for wall and floor bounces, buzzsaw arrows like kitana's fans, diamond arrows to break armor but, he gets the same boring arrows from the first game. Bleh.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Green Arrow was bottom 5 in injustice. anyone who tells you otherwise is a complete scrub, unaware of the mu, or just flat out trolling.

If you want to play him and expect easy wins, don't bother because he's legit dumpster garbage. He may be fun, but is risk/reward is on the high/low spectrum.

He's very rewarding to play nevertheless. but you never know if he'll be good or bad based off the little you see.

Last edited:

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I think he's better than most give him credit for but yes, he does have a lot of shortcomings. Savage Blast and his J3 are Godlike though. I also felt he has the tools to deal with any situation but MU's get a lot harder when opponents know his gimmicks.

I never really felt like damage was his issue either. It was more needing an ice arrow to do any combos outside of the corner and it seems like they've fixed that in INJ2. He takes a lot of time and dedication and those that have stuck with him (myself included) have had a lot of success with the character.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
He shits on Deathstroke pretty hard; my bullets pass through him when he jumps with an arrow drawn... his hitbox in that state is like 1 pixel tall.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Out of all the characters we got in the first one, GA and Joker needed the full-on revamp the most.

Seeing him do the same stuff as the first game is an obscene let down after they nailed Kung Jin in MK X.

He should be doing wall jumps, backdashing arrow shots, boxing-gloved arrows for wall and floor bounces, buzzsaw arrows like kitana's fans, diamond arrows to break armor but, he gets the same boring arrows from the first game. Bleh.
but hurricane bow launches now!

Hiyomoto

Noob
That's why I don't understand the excitement. Obviously cause people love him but he sucked ass in 1. At least to me cause I felt like the combos I could do with him weren't rewarding enough.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't think they'll try to make him significantly better because of his ranking in the DC Universe.. They purposely made characters like Aquaman and Superman simple and cheap because that's what they are in the Universe. Arrow has to work hard in that Universe and he isn't always prepared like Batman is.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't think they'll try to make him significantly better because of his ranking in the DC Universe.. They purposely made characters like Aquaman and Superman simple and cheap because that's what they are in the Universe. Arrow has to work hard in that Universe and he isn't always prepared like Batman is.
No, Batgirl was top 1-2 in Injustice 1, actual DC power rankings mean nothing. Aquaman is probably an upper mid tier meta human not top 3 or whatever

Geoduck

Halfasser
I think the best answer you can get at this point, is just wait till the game is out, and just see how GA is this time around. There is no way of knowing that he will be good or bad in I2. Simply because no one knows. He might be good in this meta or the next. Time will tell.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
He's pretty bad in Injustice 1, but he's probably the best out of the bad characters. He had some absolutely horrendous matchups though.. Aquaman, MMH, Bane all mopped the floor with him. I mean like 8-2 mop lol

Having said all of that, imo he was just a few small changes from being a mid tier or better character so I have a lot of hope for him in Injustice 2. They said on stream that his electric arrows are way more useful now so I think that can be huge. Hurricane bow can be mb to launch (this can actually be huge because it could mean that he can combo without needing to have an arrow) and who knows what else they've given him.

If you like the character you should continue to practice with him in injustice 1 because I think there's a good chance he'll be a lot better this time around, that's my advice

I'll be alting him because I'm way too freakin hype to play Swamp Thing lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Honestly, GA sucked ass in IGAU since day one, i remember struggling vs deathstroke on the first week, it was horrible, he struggled so much, he couldn't even fire a low shot arrow under projectiles until the very last patch, but chris G was winning with him so he kept getting nerfed, again, and again, and again, taking the little life the character had on him from players like Tom complaining to nerf his all or nothing blockstring into super. Yeah i will never forget that. Paulo let the problems of the character slide until the last patch, they did the same with Hat Trick.

In I2 he doesn't feel that different, i think its a relief as long as he has good tools to have much better rewards if i hit my opponents on their mistakes, i mean, we had to totally rely on stupid Ice arrow all the time, and this time doesn't seem to be the case, its hard to tell how he play in I2 since tyler gameplay its not to be trusted, we need a watchtower breakdown, but i'm not sure if we will get this privilege at all until launch day, so lets just wait and see.

To anyone wondering, Green Arrow its not a Zoning Character, and he isn't a rushdown character either, he has zoning tools to prevent ppl zoning him, but he isn't a rush down character because he doesn't have tools up close to complement this option as well

He is recommended to players who want to play fundamentals and punish opponent's mistakes, though the reward in IGAU was pretty weak and wasn't really heavy.