What's new

Quarter Finals - WW vs Batman

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Compbros You sure bruce never killed? I seem to recall he did once...I wont assert it though, my memory is foggy on that one. Also, I'm not discounting the possibility of batman losing this. He's human, and he has lost before. Badly.

He did in non-canon stories before I believe. I'm not the biggest Batman buff, obviously, so someone else may need to field that one. Oh, I know you're not, quite a few other people are though or downplay his ability to lose.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I just want to make an observation (and this is not directed towards you, this was also brought up in a personal discussion with some friends that lurk this site and follow injustice) that I find it funny that ppl are like "batman always has a plan lulz, that bullshit" and tell me to suspend disbelief in batman always having a plan while at the same time NOT suspending disbelief in a flying amazonian woman blessed by gods with super strength and a lasso of truth....lulz. ppl are funny with this stuff sometimes.

Compbros You sure bruce never killed? I seem to recall he did once...I wont assert it though, my memory is foggy on that one. Also, I'm not discounting the possibility of batman losing this. He's human, and he has lost before. Badly.
That depends on what you mean. Prior to a rewrite of the character that nailed down his backstory, Batman not only killed, he carried a gun.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
I would respect Batman more if he would just do what needs to be done and stop letting Joker live and kill more people.
But in any kinda of realistic fight were another JL member was trying to kill Batman they'd kill him easily, most of his plans were traps or set ups that wouldn't work in a straight up 1v1 fight, Batman should worry less on how to take out the Justice League and worry more on how to keep his own rogues from escaping and committing mass murder every week

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Unlike Superman, WW was easily defeated by Aquaman by simply drowning her. Bats has tons of gas type weaponry that could be effective. Just shoot it at her and make her block with her awesome sauce bracers and they explode in her face and boom lethal dose of poison.

Hey If I could come up with it than Bats easily can :)

I would respect Batman more if he would just do what needs to be done and stop letting Joker live and kill more people.
But in any kinda of realistic fight were another JL member was trying to kill Batman they'd kill him easily, most of his plans were traps or set ups that wouldn't work in a straight up 1v1 fight, Batman should worry less on how to take out the Justice League and worry more on how to keep his own rogues from escaping and committing mass murder every week
It's not his job to KEEP them in Blackgate Prison or Arkham Asylum. That's the GCPD's job. And the courts in Gotham City should also do the right thing when Batman brings in the Joker and sentence him to the death penalty. There's no point in laying all the blame on Batman.

And like you said, Batman's plans don't work as well in a 1v1 fight, and against the princess of the Amazons, he doesn't have much of a chance.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hey everyone, random question but is the gameplay for this weeks match-up coming out today, as in the next hour or so? I checked the date the last time gameplay/winners were posted but I'm not sure if it's set to my timezone or not...

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Who's to say that Batman's armor in this game isn't made of Nth metal (To protect him from the strength of "Power Characters")?

We hardly know any of the details of the story regarding this game.

I'm of course, voting for Bats McGee because his gameplay is more interesting, and I want to see him pull all the way through. WW can suck my ****. F the collector's edition.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Hey everyone, random question but is the gameplay for this weeks match-up coming out today, as in the next hour or so? I checked the date the last time gameplay/winners were posted but I'm not sure if it's set to my timezone or not...

Yeah, it's usually around noon.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Wonder Woman actually does have a weakness. Here's how Batman's plans were used to defeat her in the Tower of Babel storyline:
Thanks to a nanite injected into her ear, Wonder Woman is trapped in a virtual reality battle against an opponent whom she cannot defeat and is her equal in every way. Her refusal to surrender under any circumstance would eventually cause her heart to fail. The nanite is removed by Plastic Man after he recovers.
In a straight fight, I imagine she'd win, but in the context of this arena thing, we have to assume Batman will have some sort of contingency plan, otherwise he'd get destroyed by most of the cast.

Here's how his plans were used to defeat the entire JLA, for anyone who's interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JLA:_Tower_of_Babel (my favorite part is when he uses the Scarecrow's fear gas to make Aquaman afraid of water...)

Who's to say that Batman's armor in this game isn't made of Nth metal (To protect him from the strength of "Power Characters")?

We hardly know any of the details of the story regarding this game.

I'm of course, voting for Bats McGee because his gameplay is more interesting, and I want to see him pull all the way through. WW can suck my ****. F the collector's edition.
Honestly, I do NOT find Batman's gameplay "more interesting". I don't see what else he has to offer because it seems like both he and Bane pulled out all stops during their match, while Wonder Woman wasn't showcased very well against Harley.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Batman will most likely win this fight in the quarter finals, but if there was a comic of these 2 fighting....Yeah, Batman would still win. LBSH, have any of heard of the DC story Doom or Tower of Babel? Batman has a contingency plan to stop everyone in the Justice League. He even keeps a kryptonite bullet to stop Superman. Batman definitely wins this.

Batman will most likely win this fight in the quarter finals, but if there was a comic of these 2 fighting....Yeah, Batman would still win. LBSH, have any of heard of the DC story Doom or Tower of Babel? Batman has a contingency plan to stop everyone in the Justice League. He even keeps a kryptonite bullet to stop Superman. Batman definitely wins this.
Yes, that's been mentioned SEVERAL times in this thread. And as I have mentioned, Wonder Woman doesn't have an easily exploitable weakness that Bats can carry in his utility belt. In fact, in both Justice League Doom and the comic it was based on(Tower of Babel), Batman's way of dealing with Diana was to pit her against an opponent she can't beat because she WON'T BACK DOWN FROM A FIGHT. When that is your strategy, you can't do that for a 1v1 fight. Wonder Woman wins, Batman loses by decapitation.

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
Batman has the single strongest Super Power a hero can have, Plot Armor, because he's Batman has somehow become a good enough explanation to explain anything he does, WW should win but she won't

xQUANTUMx

contextually speaking, you are correct. Batman gets pwned. You should also find the scene where Diana punches him out of a 2nd story window.

-contextually, for those that might be curious, fighting diana was not his main goal. The comic further delves into batman conceding victory, and invoking the ritual of the hiketia, which is a stall so that the fates can apprehend his target (basically to distract and delay diana. . Man, this graphic novel is like almost 10 yrs old. Good find Reedoms.

trufenix

bye felicia
Batman has the single strongest Super Power a hero can have, Plot Armor, because he's Batman has somehow become a good enough explanation to explain anything he does, WW should win but she won't
WW's got plot armor, she's been around longer AND she's female. That's the holy trinity of biased writing.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
GuamoKun and I are pretty much two of the biggest Batman fans here, and I can tell you (being pretty sure Guamo will agree) that Bats isn't winning this fight without preparation or the best fucking improvisation ever.

xQUANTUMx

That would be the most masculine, powerful intercourse ever...next to this:
wasnt there a JLU story arc with a romance (supposed) between them? I know they flirted with the idea on the tv show.....It'd be more interesting than supes and WW...that's some boring power couple shit