What's new

Quarter Finals - WW vs Batman

Amazon

Noob
I know that bats will win this hands down, due to popularity and demographic of the voters. However, both bats and WW are my favourite heroes so its a really tough one for me.

I honestly think that WW would actually win if they went head to head.

Shes has the wisdom of athena, so she has a god like knowledge of battle strategy and lets not forgot is thousands of years old..... so she know stuff... :p She, like superman... has super strength, super speed, an aresnal of god forged weapopns and easily the best "all round" fighter in the league, and no obvious weakness like kryptonite, in effect she is much more dnagerous than superman.

I do know bats is super smart, and has 7,000 back up plans, and tonnes of tricks and gadgets, but i do think diana could anaticiapte these and simply use super speed and choke him/cut of his head before he realised what was happening.

Thoughts/Discussion?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm voting Wonder Woman as I like her more but, yeah, in a fight Diana would probably beat Bruce. People always talk about how smart Batman is but the other heroes aren't idiots.

Unlike Superman, Wonder Woman doesn't have an easily exploitable weakness that Batman can carry in his utility belt. Princess Diana's gonna fuck him up. No offense to the Batman, but I personally don't think he would win this match unless he set up everything about the match a month in advance. Wonder Woman is stronger, faster, and, in many ways, far more determined to seize victory.

Comp I just feel you have a slightly bias hatred of batman lol. Even though im a bats fan and I dislike supes I still have some respect for him. I aint callin you out or anything but I just thought it was funny that anything anti bat related has you involved lol.

That aside not only would I vote for bats simply bcuz I enjoy the character and its already been shown that he has contingency plans for every league member. WW just doesnt appeal to me with her gameplay and id prefer to see more of my possible main. Same reason I voted for sinestro, supes would prly win hands down but ive seen my share of gameplay from him and Id like to see what more sinny can do

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Comp I just feel you have a slightly bias hatred of batman lol. Even though im a bats fan and I dislike supes I still have some respect for him. I aint callin you out or anything but I just thought it was funny that anything anti bat related has you involved lol.

Not at all, I've stated several times I enjoyed the Night of the Owls plotline and that Scarecrow is one of the best villains I've seen. I do really dislike Batman but I don't, or I try not to, go into any Batman related media with a negative mindset. Doesn't always work but I try. Also, this isn't really an anti-Batman thread, just a thread that has the potential for a lot of anti-Batman things lol.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'll probably vote Bats because Wonder Woman has the most boring design so far, even less interesting than GL.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Correct me if I'm tripping, but in some Justice league thing was it not stated that Batman has a plan, and prepared tools, to best all the members of the justice league?

Amazon

Noob
Correct me if I'm tripping, but in some Justice league thing was it not stated that Batman has a plan, and prepared tools, to best all the members of the justice league?
True to a point. It was covered in JL:tower of Babel, and the animated movie JL-DOOM that Batman ( being uber prepared.) had a contngency plan for all members. Wonder Womans plan for defeating her was to enagege her in anendless battle aginst multiple opponents... she never backs down from a fight and would continue to fight endlessley till she made a mistake.... or dropped dead from exhaustion ( in the movie it was against "fake" cheetahs after she was poisoned.) But.... thats the not the question I posed...The question is about a one on one battle arena, and if batman and WW went head to head into physical battle, who would win, and i stand by WW, though i freakin love bats.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Sorry people, rant time. Ignore me for a bit.

OK, time to talk about this a bit. Yes, Batman does have a plan to take down the league members, if need be. Do you think the rest of the league has not contemplated ways to take each other down if it came to that? Do you think that Batman is the only one with a way to beat Superman or Green Lantern? Do you think that Flash hasn't thought of a way to take down Bruce if it's needed.

This is what annoys me about this, when people bring this up it makes it seem like all heroes with powers are ARROGANT AS HELL. It makes it seem like "Oh, I'm Diana and if Martian Manhunter goes bad I'll just take him down with my powers", come on now. They all know each other so well; their strengths, their weaknesses, how they would react to certain things, etc.... If Clark needs to go down they'll find a way, if Bruce needs to go down they'll find a way, it goes on.

So yes, while Batman may have a contingency plan for every Leaguer, they also know how to take each other, including him, down. People wanna say "if Batman has prep then he can beat Clark, Diana, etc...", and what exactly are Clark or Diana doing during his prep time? Twiddling their thumbs? No, they are devising a plan to fight him or trying to figure out ways to counteract anything he may use against them.

Please don't think I'm attacking you or anything, this is just something that people say constantly without thinking about the other side more often than not.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Sorry people, rant time. Ignore me for a bit.

OK, time to talk about this a bit. Yes, Batman does have a plan to take down the league members, if need be. Do you think the rest of the league has not contemplated ways to take each other down if it came to that? Do you think that Batman is the only one with a way to beat Superman or Green Lantern? Do you think that Flash hasn't thought of a way to take down Bruce if it's needed.

This is what annoys me about this, when people bring this up it makes it seem like all heroes with powers are ARROGANT AS HELL. It makes it seem like "Oh, I'm Diana and if Martian Manhunter goes bad I'll just take him down with my powers", come on now. They all know each other so well; their strengths, their weaknesses, how they would react to certain things, etc.... If Clark needs to go down they'll find a way, if Bruce needs to go down they'll find a way, it goes on.

So yes, while Batman may have a contingency plan for every Leaguer, they also know how to take each other, including him, down. People wanna say "if Batman has prep then he can beat Clark, Diana, etc...", and what exactly are Clark or Diana doing during his prep time? Twiddling their thumbs? No, they are devising a plan to fight him or trying to figure out ways to counteract anything he may use against them.

Please don't think I'm attacking you or anything, this is just something that people say constantly without thinking about the other side more often than not.
Thanks for replying. I ended up looking into it a little bit, and apparently in one of the comics, Raj Al Ghul stole the plans and used them, with success, against the JL. I then wondered if batman could do the same thing with him being about as strong and smarter (at least tech-wise...I think) only to realized as I looked more into superheroes and recalled the stuff I had learned that through this forum, that DC writing is Bullshit, and I had wasted my time trying to make sense of it.

I'm just going to vote wonder woman so that we don't get a "Dark Knight vs. Superman" fight for the finals.

The thing is this: These fights act more like instantaneous "Imma fuck you up" fights. These aren't fights that the fighters have prep time for. In the case of Bane, Batman would have an advantage having fought him before and the fact that Bane's Venom tubes are vulnerable to batarangs. In the case of Wonder Woman? Batman is strong, but he just can't compete with a woman blessed by the Greek Gods.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I think this sort of undermines Batman's "superpower" though (and I use the term loosely) -- his intelligence. Saying anyone could just plan for Batman is like saying Batman can just punch like Superman. Batman's plans will always be ten steps ahead of everyone else's in the same way that Clarke will always beat Bruce in an arm-wrestling match. That's what defines Batman as a character; it is not however a defining trait for many other heroes.

In the case of Wonder Woman? Batman is strong, but he just can't compete with a woman blessed by the Greek Gods.
Batman actually has the hand to hand skill to keep up with Diana, he just doesn't have the strength. Every time they fight or spar he does well but ultimately becomes overwhelmed when she employs her superior strength. In these contests though Batman doesn't use his gadgets either and it's mostly a fistfight. Batman knows better than to just pummel Wonder Woman or anyone straight up stronger than he is. There are ways of approaching martial arts, ways Batman has been shown to know, that disable stronger opponents through precise strikes in key areas.

Additionally, while Batman doesn't have "Anti-Amazon" spray, he does typically carry a wealth of gadgets proven to be effective against stronger enemies, such as WW. Smoke, explosives and even tranquilizers. I'm pretty sure Batman tranquilized Artemis before and it worked just fine on her, so it's not unreasonable to say it would work on Diana (especially if we're barring N52 for the sake of convenience).

Please do not misunderstand, I'm not trying to say Batman stomps 10-0 or even wins. All I'm saying is that I don't feel it's an obvious free win in WW's case either. I think this fight is a lot closer, provided it doesn't take place in a MMA ring, than people think. Batman, as a character in theoryfighting, literally feeds on variables. The more variables, the stronger he gets. It's just unfortunate because Batman's greatest asset, his intellect and resourcefulness, is nearly impossible to chart or quantify, which always makes arguments murky.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I think this sort of undermines Batman's "superpower" though (and I use the term loosely) -- his intelligence. Saying anyone could just plan for Batman is like saying Batman can just punch like Superman. Batman's plans will always be ten steps ahead of everyone else's in the same way that Clarke will always beat Bruce in an arm-wrestling match. That's what defines Batman as a character; it is not however a defining trait for many other heroes.

Oh I get that, but people need to realize that Batman is not the only one that can plan, strategize, what have you, when they're allowed time for prep. Batman isn't the only one that plans ahead for situations. The "plan for Batman" and "ten steps ahead" thing brings up another point but I'm trying not to get into a "thing" lol. Technically Bruce could punch Clark, he just wouldn't affect Clark. People can plan for Bruce to some degree....look at Red Hood. Other heroes are defined by their powers or personalities, yes, but it doesn't mean they can't have the ability to "plan ahead" or something like a Batman.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm still giving it to Wonder Woman this round. Both are excellent in multiple martial arts and combat in general. Batman has loads of great toys, his armor can take a hell of a beating and he's an excellent strategist. However Wonder Woman is also very tactical, extremely durable and strong. She also has the advantage of flight, has a few weapons of her own and she is very good at deflecting projectiles, like batarangs.

Now of course Batman is good at planning, he is also exceptionally good and being prepared for every situation, that is to say that he is reasonably prepared for multiple scenarios at any given time. However unless he were to plan ahead extensively for the fight and he knew many of the variables before hand I think Wonder Woman would win. Even thought he is great at adapting to a situation he hasn't specifically prepared for and he tries to work out the best way to defeat someone after meeting them (whether friend or foe) I think Wonder Woman has so much talent and power (and no obvious weaknesses unlike other heroes) I think she would be victorious.

I know Batman has a massive fanbase, but I have a feeling that the voting might actually be fair this time, after all Cyborg should be more popular than Aquaman due to the Teen Titans Cartoon and yet Aquaman won. Perhaps I'm wrong and Aquaman is more popular...

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Oh I get that, but people need to realize that Batman is not the only one that can plan, strategize, what have you, when they're allowed time for prep. Batman isn't the only one that plans ahead for situations. The "plan for Batman" and "ten steps ahead" thing brings up another point but I'm trying not to get into a "thing" lol. Technically Bruce could punch Clark, he just wouldn't affect Clark. People can plan for Bruce to some degree....look at Red Hood. Other heroes are defined by their powers or personalities, yes, but it doesn't mean they can't have the ability to "plan ahead" or something like a Batman.
I agree with you here however, in the context of comic book lore and the like, its a dilineating trait for bruce. Of course they all have the ability to plan etc, in their own story arcs they have to be organized and strategize in order to defeat their own villains etc. The argument is, Batman is the absolute best at it, that's all. And letting comic book and character lore interfere with the arena is thin ice...as stated above, you can't quantify the variables that would allow batman to fight and win against wonder woman in a video game. On paper, WW wins hands down, just looking at tools, strength etc...conceptually, its a lot more hazy (midirection, gadgets, etc). Bruce has been known and shown to be quite ruthless as well as calculating in order to achieve his goals (forget wonderwoman, he's faced Darkseid). He bends his own rules at times in order to get the job done. Diana is much more stringent and 'honorable' on her terms. Bruce would exploit that and everything else he could to beat her. The only way he will beat her is if he fights dirty in every possible way. But then again, that's how he fights anyway. There's a reason (well, more than one) that clark entrusted the kryptonite ring to bruce and not anyone else. He knew when push came to shove, Bruce would be (one of, if not the best) one to take him down. That being said, I'm not entirely sure I want to see a batman v superman in the finals either......so.....

Edit: LBSH, Bane broke batman....WW....she's worse...if he ever did beat her, it would be at great expense to him

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Ah, debating, especially about nerd stuff, love it.

Of course they all have the ability to plan etc, in their own story arcs they have to be organized and strategize in order to defeat their own villains etc. The argument is, Batman is the absolute best at it, that's all.
He may be the best but people always talk like the others don't even have the ability. It's always "with planning, Batman can win" like it's a given, it's not. Given the same amount of prep, Batman has much more of a chance but the odds don't instantly become in his favor. That's all I'm disputing.

And letting comic book and character lore interfere with the arena is thin ice...as stated above, you can't quantify the variables that would allow batman to fight and win against wonder woman in a video game.

Why not? The Battle Arena is not "who would win in the game" as no one knows, it's a popularity contest first and foremost. People make it into "who would win in a fight" and in a fight all we have to go on is comic book lore.

On paper, WW wins hands down, just looking at tools, strength etc...conceptually, its a lot more hazy (midirection, gadgets, etc).
This is where I start to have problems. When you say "Superman vs. Wonder Woman" everything is presented to you. Batman is always an "unknown" so how is it even fair to discuss match ups between him and someone else?

Bruce has been known and shown to be quite ruthless as well as calculating in order to achieve his goals (forget wonderwoman, he's faced Darkseid). He bends his own rules at times in order to get the job done. Bruce would exploit that and everything else he could to beat her.
Wonder Woman killed a guy to get the job done, Bruce would never do this. He's ruthless to a point and never crosses that point. Also, how would he exploit her "honor" or anything else with her?

The only way he will beat her is if he fights dirty in every possible way. But then again, that's how he fights anyway.
Dirty how?

There's a reason (well, more than one) that clark entrusted the kryptonite ring to bruce and not anyone else.
Because Bruce is his best friend and he trusts him more than anyone with his life.

He knew when push came to shove, Bruce would be (one of, if not the best) one to take him down.
Anyone given the ring would be willing to do the same.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Compbros You sure bruce never killed? I seem to recall he did once...I wont assert it though, my memory is foggy on that one. Also, I'm not discounting the possibility of batman losing this. He's human, and he has lost before. Badly.