What's new

Tech - Summoner Quan Chi's Ex Trance damage boost)

Calf also thinks War God vs Imposter is a 5-5 @Rude.

Impasta players man.
You should try at least once to just do nothing when fullscreen, with shinnok abusing hell sparks thinking your gonna make a move and you will be stunned for how many people just can't stay patient wich means either a teleport or him running in. And just for the lolz cause it's working out to the point it gets funny as hell :p

It's not a damage boost (EX Trance just has a softer penalty than regular one): As you can see the damage from the NJP (which starts the combo so no accumulated scaling at that point) is 7 in both cases, so the damage isn't boosted.

BUT if you look at the following numbers, in the first example the bat damage is 6.65 (95% of original damage) while in the second one it's 5.6 (80% of original damage). The next attacks are also affected by these penalties and the ones from following moves.

NJP launchers have a 0.8 damage penalty so the damage on the second video is the logical one. For the first case, my personal theory is that the "splat" version of NJP takes place instead of the launching one (I need to test but you said it's a splat, so I'm going to assume that if the jump animation starts while the opponent is stun locked from a combo that used a NJP it still counts as the second NJP splat even if the combo ends before it hits) has the 0.95 damage scaling that most non launching/non stunning moves in the game have and that's how you get your increased damage.
I know it isn't a damage boost, we have known for a long time that Ex trance just positively rescales damage in combos. I just alled it a boost just because in this case it works like one, since we have a reset and the next combo is rescaled from the 1st hit. And the whole reason for the difference in scaling is the ex trance properties. The NJP splat happens for the same reason - the game is thinking that the combo continues since the opponent isn't out of the hitstun from the EX trance.

It's not a damage boost (EX Trance just has a softer penalty than regular one): As you can see the damage from the NJP (which starts the combo so no accumulated scaling at that point) is 7 in both cases, so the damage isn't boosted.

BUT if you look at the following numbers, in the first example the bat damage is 6.65 (95% of original damage) while in the second one it's 5.6 (80% of original damage). The next attacks are also affected by these penalties and the ones from following moves.

NJP launchers have a 0.8 damage penalty so the damage on the second video is the logical one. For the first case, my personal theory is that the "splat" version of NJP takes place instead of the launching one (I need to test but you said it's a splat, so I'm going to assume that if the jump animation starts while the opponent is stun locked from a combo that used a NJP it still counts as the second NJP splat even if the combo ends before it hits) has the 0.95 damage scaling that most non launching/non stunning moves in the game have and that's how you get your increased damage.
On the second thought I will check your theory about different scaling from the splat NJP since I haven't been able to replicate the situation without the splat NJP start.

Lokheit

Noob
I tested it and it's what I theorized, the splat version of the NJP has a 0.95 damage scale instead of the 0.8 damage scale of the launching version, that's why the damage from the combo is different.

Basically every number after the NJP is multiplied by 0.95 instead of 0.8. You can divide the damage of each hit after the NJP on the less damaging version by 0.8, taking into account that some might be rounded one decimal up or down, and then multiply them by 0.95 and the damage will be the same than each of the hits on the more damaging combo.

Last edited: