What's new

Quan Chi's Almost "Vortex"

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i saw this thread on may 6 and was like hmm maybe i should check it out and finally read it just now... im not going to post a hate comment but....fuck you

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
i saw this thread on may 6 and was like hmm maybe i should check it out and finally read it just now... im not going to post a hate comment but....fuck you
Why I said that this is not for advanced quan players, but for people picking up the character this could help them.

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
In case you didn't know a "vortex" is when a character can keep looping something until the opponent guesses right or breaks. The only character with one in mk9 is scorpion, because he can end a kombo with a grounded teleport. This grants him a safe jump which gives him a free mixup of f4 spear or b2. Both moves link back into the mixup. Quan Chi almost has one. Quan Chi can end all kombos with 11 sky drop. This grants free pressure. With this free pressure you can go for a stand breaker of b3 1+2 which is a kombo starter, which links back into trance then 11 skydrop. If you guess wrong and they block the back3 1+2 low then high you are still at neutral frames and at a good position. Quan Chi's overhead is u3 trance. You cannot hit confirm u3 into trance so if blocked you are getting full kombo punished. If your opponent tries to jump out of b3 1+2 or u3 trance which is very possible they will escape, but if you do a 112 instead they will not be able to jump out. This is easily hit confirmable into trance on hit. Now the reason that Quan Chi does not actually have a vortex is that u3 is 27 frames. U3 is semi-easibly fuzzable on reacion. Therefore your opponent can always block low and then switch to blocking high when they see an u3. If you have meter that you want to spend on the rune trap you can spend your meter and then do the mixup. I do not take credit at all for figuring this out as I'm sure that it has been known since day 1. Although low level quan chi's I hope will find this helpful. High level quan chi's I'm sure that this didn't help you at all and that you are going to leave a hate comment. So go ahead and leave the hate comment now.
hate... lol. ive been telling people this since i picked him up. i honestly suggest going into a rune trap, and wen the try to jump out or sum odd thing, try these mixups. the stun on rune is longer so they r less likely to fuzzy block the u3. and if u play it right, they willl ALWAYS block low. unless the enjoy rune trapes:D