What's new

Tech - Summoner Quan Chi Summoner Tech

Just wanted to post something i've been doing online that seems to be completely broken and possibly unblockable

I get the opponent in a trance through whatever means possible, whether it be
step (1) b324, b12xxTrance, or b2, close burst MB, run cancel, 4xxtTrance,

at this point the opponent will be walking towards you from about full screen distance. as soon as quan brings his hands back to his torso in the trance animation...

step (2) bring out puggles.. a puggles command is availble to buffer as soon as your controller vibrates towards the end of the animation, but don't execute any commands here~

step (3) wait a few frames, then press down + l2, wait another few frames, and input back 2 - this will result in an overhead from your sword and a low from puggles hitting at the same exact time, and you can't low and high block at the same time. obviously it will connect. note: if you cancel this back2 into trance too early, trance will whiff (see below)

step (4) now cancel that b2 into another trance, at this point they will start walking to you from not full screen, but about sweep distance, repeat step (2) bringing out puggles, again you must wait a few frames to input the next puggles command so a new combo starts.

step (5) neutral jump and IMMEDIATELY press down+l2, puggles will fly at their feet. before you hit the ground, press 2 or 1 to execute an overhead NJP, again, puggles will hit low at the same time you hit with an over head. the opponent will pop up if timed properly and you can 4xxTrance, this will send the opponent walking towards you from fullscreen again and you can go back to step (1) and rinse/repeat until opponent is dead or breakers.

Ive had great success doing this online, alot of people quit because they can't figure out how to get out. As long as you hit puggles low just a frame or two after they recover

i dont have anyone to test it with, but so far, no one has been able to escape this online from when i do it.

i might be totally wrong but just sharing. thanks

I think this might break through ex specials too because of the two hits hitting simultaeously, but i have no one to test it on

if done correctly with optial b324 starter combo into trance, this series of resets does, 23%, 14%, 20%, 14%, 20%, 14%, 20%, etc until the opponent is dead

also, at any time you get the in full screen trance, you can cancel this reset at any time by jumping in and doing f142 for a hard knock down and getting the opponent into the corner

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
my b then

edit: i just picked up quan, didn't know if this was already a thing. i didn't see anyone doing it in week 1 of the ESL pro league
Hah no worries I was just giving you a hard time. I can see you are a pretty new member. I would advise posting in the Quan general discussion to get to know some other quan players to talk about the character and the game in general. Welcome to the community man!

Hah no worries I was just giving you a hard time. I can see you are a pretty new member. I would advise posting in the Quan general discussion to get to know some other quan players to talk about the character and the game in general. Welcome to the community man!
xD actually my main account that ive had for a few years since mk9 got hacked and ive had some trouble contacting moderators to get it back, this is like an alternate i guess, but thanks, ill check that thread out :)

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Is it really unblockable though? I actually never tested if it was possible. Computer can block it, but that leaves the question is my timing off or is the computer blocking something a human can't? You could always record it to block low/high or whatever I suppose. I'll test it out next time I get on.

Is it really unblockable though? I actually never tested if it was possible. Computer can block it, but that leaves the question is my timing off or is the computer blocking something a human can't? You could always record it to block low/high or whatever I suppose. I'll test it out next time I get on.
i would imagine that if the two moves connect on literally the same frame, it is impossible to block, but that seems very very hard to do. they usually hit within a few frames of eachother. so i guess technically the computer can switch block stances at lightning fast speeds to block it, but i dont think a human would be able to

its not "really" unblockable ive seen some good players block it against me online it has to be done frame perfectly for it to be unblockable. 0 Frame OH LOW are near impossible to do there always be some frames btw the OH and LOW so Fuzzy guards works sometimes thats what the computer AI does.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
i would imagine that if the two moves connect on literally the same frame, it is impossible to block, but that seems very very hard to do. they usually hit within a few frames of eachother. so i guess technically the computer can switch block stances at lightning fast speeds to block it, but i dont think a human would be able to
I was just thinking maybe they had some sort of unblockable protection, kinda like Skullgirls has an infinite protection system, except in this it just defaults it to a low/high, high/low.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
This is literally how quan chi has been deemed broke since week 1. Welcome to Quan...
i don't think he's broke because its balanced out by his horrible defence, so he needs that amazing offence if he wants to have a good chance of winning. The way i see it if his offense would get nerfed, then his defence would need to be buffed.

Nicolas Floyd

Chi Commander.
I've had people do this to me online quite a bit, it can be blocked but it takes some practice. I have to determine if the bat or sword is coming first then block accordingly, although this is tough to block it can be done, and I certainly can't block it with 100% accuracy. In my experiences the bat comes first more times than not, so I block low then release the down button to block the overhead quickly and avoid the trance or ground burst that follow then punish. If the trance is blocked you have all day to punish.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
If an OH and a low hit at the same time it makes it a mid attack. NRS did this on purpose to avoid this type of situation. Always one step ahead of us

You can backdash out of these setups. Moves with armor also break through a lot of quans pressure if your timing isn't perfect. I use the neutral jump after trance all the time, but people are starting to learn back dashing negates the setup if timed right.

If an OH and a low hit at the same time it makes it a mid attack. NRS did this on purpose to avoid this type of situation. Always one step ahead of us
Actually, Dink, I believe that if two attacks hit at the same exact frame the special attack (low bat in this case) disappears and only the normal hits (overhead b2). Because my friend got used to blocking low overhead, so I had to adjust the timing to almost a one frame difference, sometimes I hit it on the same exact frame and the b2 opens him up but he is left in the standing hit stun animation (as if you just did b2) and the bat never hits:/

You can backdash out of these setups. Moves with armor also break through a lot of quans pressure if your timing isn't perfect. I use the neutral jump after trance all the time, but people are starting to learn back dashing negates the setup if timed right.
B2 low bat can not be backdashed or armored through after a trance or d3 if done correctly. You simply don't have the frames. Plus two hits a frame apart break most armor in this game. Don't know about NJP low bat,'but I am pretty sure that if you hit your opponent at the exact frame he comes out of the trance ( I think you have about 8 frames when opponent is coming out of trance and is in the hit stun state which only allows him to block) no armor or backdash is possible. If it comes through that means that the set up wasn't executed correctly.
Again if you do b2 low bat or NJP low bat in the neutral or on knockdown it can definitely be backdashed or armored by some moves(because most armor will still be broken).

Actually, Dink, I believe that if two attacks hit at the same exact frame the special attack (low bat in this case) disappears and only the normal hits (overhead b2). Because my friend got used to blocking low overhead, so I had to adjust the timing to almost a one frame difference, sometimes I hit it on the same exact frame and the b2 opens him up but he is left in the standing hit stun animation (as if you just did b2) and the bat never hits:/
So I'd rather time them out to hit a frame off so fuckers get wrecks for 100% of their life.unless they a super humanely perfect

Also @Honfar95 good stuff, but it's been known, yes its fucking stupid and shouldnt be in the game. It's clear you have an eye for breaking chars down. It's common sense if you can release thing independently you have unblockables/ just frame situations

There are enough frames post hit stun state in trance where it can't be armored/backdashed if done correctly because the opp. Is still in blockstun. Plus it's multi hit.

Great thinking on their part, that way the 1% of the time it's on the frame perfect the opponent isn't screwed, but if we screw it up slightly we pretty much get a free combo.

Nrs always one step ahead.

i don't think he's broke because its balanced out by his horrible defence, so he needs that amazing offence if he wants to have a good chance of winning. The way i see it if his offense would get nerfed, then his defence would need to be buffed.
Nrs should hire you, you seem woven from the same cloth.

On the other hand I could be doing b2 overhead a frame or 2 later than the low bat so my friend just blocks the bat and gets hit by the b2 and that is why he isn't knocked of his feet. @STB Shujinkydink is probably right about both hits becoming mids if hit at the exact same frame seeing how AI doesn't get opened up by it regardless of the block stance.