What's new

Tech - Quan Chi Quan Chi combos and tech

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
hm really good question. it seems like we all have a lot of work ahead of us. but now with this new found tech the and the fact that runes are in all three variations it just opens up an entire new realm of possiblities. though the others dont have the chip dmg spell i believe it can still be utilized somehow espcially with pressure coming from summoner.
Agreed. I guess it would just be more added pressure that can lead into safe strings or full combos if they hit confirm.

I guess Sorceror vs Summoner is now guaranteed block damage for your bar vs potential corner damage for no bar? Personal preference will be a thing here methinks.
Understandable, all comes down to the situation I guess.

This is so exciting! I love how complex MKX is so far, and especially how complex Quan is. I thank both of you to what you've
contributed so far. I look forward to future videos.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Agreed. I guess it would just be more added pressure that can lead into safe strings or full combos if they hit confirm.

Understandable, all comes down to the situation I guess.

This is so exciting! I love how complex MKX is so far, and especially how complex Quan is. I thank both of you to what you've
contributed so far. I look forward to future videos.
Hey man, all I did was find a way to get it from a combo. I take no credit for this one!

We're all just trying to make Quan broken, amirite?

Hey man, all I did was find a way to get it from a combo. I take no credit for this one!

very much so! cant wait for everyone else to check back in the morning. the rest of the community better watch out though. not only do they have to watch out for quans ridiculous summoner pressure but now a rune trap! gn all

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer

very much so! cant wait for everyone else to check back in the morning. the rest of the community better watch out though. not only do they have to watch out for quans ridiculous summoner pressure but now a rune trap! gn all
Quietly plotting in the depths of TYM. :tonyt

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
That chip damage. Might be giving sorcerer a chance too. Good stuff guys.

I am starting to realize the advantages of each variation with Quan Chi. The Rune Trap setup is avoidable with D3/D1 I think. Try using a recording and escape. But I am really digging sorcerer after trance for some match ups. If what you say about some characters not being able to get under 1,4 by not blocking then that is a really good matchup specific thing. Keep in mind if you only have 2 meters you could just rune trap once then go for a 50/50 after the first blocked exRune for high reward/low risk.

I am finding warlock to be more useful than I initially thought as a well rounded character that gives him an armored wakeup that is safe on block.

Still I prefer pure aggro Quan Chi and rely on general defenses.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I am starting to realize the advantages of each variation with Quan Chi. The Rune Trap setup is avoidable with D3/D1 I think. Try using a recording and escape. But I am really digging sorcerer after trance for some match ups. If what you say about some characters not being able to get under 1,4 by not blocking then that is a really good matchup specific thing. Keep in mind if you only have 2 meters you could just rune trap once then go for a 50/50 after the first blocked exRune for high reward/low risk.

I am finding warlock to be more useful than I initially thought as a well rounded character that gives him an armored wakeup that is safe on block.

Still I prefer pure aggro Quan Chi and rely on general defenses.
What is this safe armored wakeup that is safe on block you speak of?

Cool stuff, but I would strongly recommend saving the summon for resets. So basically summoner wants to land one trance then can get 50/50 infinitely without meter. I think summon D3 high/low is quite strong and depending on their armor options, you can do low Puggles with Crossup J1 to bait armor mashes out and still punish. You can also trance again from that position. Pretty much they guess wrong 3 times and they lose.

Shtutik

Noob
Cool stuff, but I would strongly recommend saving the summon for resets. So basically summoner wants to land one trance then can get 50/50 infinitely without meter. I think summon D3 high/low is quite strong and depending on their armor options, you can do low Puggles with Crossup J1 to bait armor mashes out and still punish. You can also trance again from that position. Pretty much they guess wrong 3 times and they lose.
high/low you mean b2+low puggles ? and after ? all you can land is b2 again and trance. I dont know it seems like theres no way to do decent damage before trance without meter. Id rather do 36% meterless resummon puggles and go in again for free.

You should be able to get 25-30% meterless while they are tranced. Also, nothing is more free than being +15 right next to them with a puggles.

D

Deleted member 9158

I have been playing Warlock Quan-chi for a bit, I may have something to add to his vortex. It requires one bar of meter though

Just do any combo, but end it with EX DF2. You can't combo off of it, but you can start another Vortex set up with B2 or B3. It causes the opponent fall down in an extended animation, allowing you to continue your vortex. It has way more hit advantage than D3 (obviously this only works up close, not full screen)

For example :

F2122, 3 trance, jip, 12, DF2 EX, then followed by B2 , B324, or a throw. It eats a bar of meter, but you can do more damage in your vortex set ups if you want. Since it was a variation specific setup in Warlock, thought I would post it. Sorry if it had already been done!

Also hitting people at fullscreen with F3 is hilarious.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main

jip, b324, 4, trance, njp, 141
jip, f2122, 4, trance, jip, f2122, b1 mid rune
jip, b324, b12, trance, jip, f2122, b1 mid rune
jip, f2122, 4, 4, trance, jbp, f2122, 141

Last edited:
You know I got the serious question when it comes to playing Quan Chi: why would you ever use a fatality when he has the fanciest win pose ever?

Probably the most damaging combo without use the meterbar. (Warlock)

Midscreen Inputs: JIP, 1F2122, F, B12(Trance), JIP, 1F2122, B1(Portal Grab) = 37% damage

Last edited:
Have you checked to make sure this cant be backdashed or ducked by small hitbox characters?
if the rune trap is done successfully all characters will take the chip damage. this also wouldnt be used anywhere else but the corner because theres no way your opponent can actually stay in the final hex spell midscreen. Sub is a small hit box character. if its none timed correctly it can be mb slid out of. sub zeros hit box is EXTREMELY low to the ground even blocking. But it can still be completed fully on him

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
if the rune trap is done successfully all characters will take the chip damage. this also wouldnt be used anywhere else but the corner because theres no way your opponent can actually stay in the final hex spell midscreen.
That doesnt at all answer the 2 questions. Can it be backdashed at any point? And does it whiff at all on crouching low hit box characters?

That doesnt at all answer the 2 questions. Can it be backdashed at any point? And does it whiff at all on crouching low hit box characters?
i was editing. but d'vorah and scorpion are the only ones who i believe it cannot be done on. his 1 completely whiffs both characters. backdashing will simply get you punished