What's new

Tech - Quan Chi Quan Chi combos and tech

Lmfao my bad, I had posted that right after smoking 2 facers after a long day of work, i dont think ive ever even used mb trance EVER...I meant regular trance and b324 ha.

I just found a Demon Spawn corner combo that does 44-45% 1 bar : (Jip) B324 , 4 , MB ground blast , B12 , Trance , db 3 (Puggle) , B12 , BF3
its also a Brutality combo with "puggles Wrath" .

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I just found a Demon Spawn corner combo that does 44-45% 1 bar : (Jip) B324 , 4 , MB ground blast , B12 , Trance , db 3 (Puggle) , B12 , BF3
its also a Brutality combo with "puggles Wrath" .
you can do b234, 4, mb blast, njp 4 trance, db3, b234 mid puggles, 4, ground blast for 46 percent

you can do b234, 4, mb blast, njp 4 trance, db3, b234 mid puggles, 4, ground blast for 46 percent
thx But i know that combo and i prefer brutality combos plus 1-2% more for that extra excecution is not worth it for me and
B234, 4, Mb ground blast ,B12 Trance , DB3 , F212 Df3 does 46% too but will sometimes whiff. Dropping a combo cuz of execution error or wrong timing( especialy online) is a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The Best Combo Video Of Quan Chi (Summoner) that I've seen so far. Enjoy and Learn!

Thanks for the ideas. New vortex set ups?

(with demon), b+2 xx close rune, rising demon, b+2 xx trance, summon demon, d+3. 28%.

(with demon), b+3,2,4, rising demon, dash NJP, 4 xx trance, summon demon, dash, d+3. 30%.

If your opponents guess wrong once, they lose 60% of their life to a safe 50/50 mix up. Speaking of safe, rising demon is 9 frames fast and creates no gaps between blocked b+2 and b+3,2,4 which means these two options are 100% safe on block when executed properly.

You can also choose to finish the combo with f+2,1,2,2, demon strike, far rune for about 40% of damage and continue zoning. Probably not a bad idea if you need to build some meter as they try to get in.

Thanks for the ideas. New vortex set ups?

(with demon), b+2 xx close rune, rising demon, b+2 xx trance, summon demon, d+3. 28%.

(with demon), b+3,2,4, rising demon, dash NJP, 4 xx trance, summon demon, dash, d+3. 30%.

If your opponents guess wrong once, they lose 60% of their life to a safe 50/50 mix up. Speaking of safe, rising demon is 9 frames fast and creates no gaps between blocked b+2 and b+3,2,4 which means these two options are 100% safe on block when executed properly.

You can also choose to finish the combo with f+2,1,2,2, demon strike, far rune for about 40% of damage and continue zoning. Probably not a bad idea if you need to build some meter as they try to get in.
Dave, do you consider Summoner Quan Chi worthy of your attention?!Surely he is worthy of zoning academy but do you think all of his stuff is strong enough to compensate for the lack of get off of me moves and wake ups in the long run? Because I am considering switching mains as Shinnok is going nowhere at this point, unless he gets seriously buffed in the future)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dave, do you consider Summoner Quan Chi worthy of your attention?!Surely he is worthy of zoning academy but do you think all of his stuff is strong enough to compensate for the lack of get off of me moves and wake ups in the long run? Because I am considering switching mains as Shinnok is going nowhere at this point, unless he gets seriously buffed in the future)
Quan Chi is definitely a top tier and far superior character to Shinnok in this game. In fact, Quan Chi is the anti-Shinnok because he arguably has the best zoning and vortex in this game. I am beginning to believe but could be mistaken that the lack of a viable wake up attack is a weakness that he desperately needs. If he did not have this weakness, he would be broken.

I dislike changes, but in the long run I think all the top tier characters will have to be normalized, including Quan Chi. The game will become stagnant if the meta game revolves around nothing but 50/50 mix ups, which is more or less what you see now every time you watch a match between two quality players. The game welcomes 50/50 mix ups with open arms but accepts no other type of gameplay. Players who claim that the game is about footsies are fooling you. Quan Chi certainly plays no footsies whatsoever.

Quan Chi is definitely a top tier and far superior character to Shinnok in this game. In fact, Quan Chi is the anti-Shinnok because he arguably has the best zoning and vortex in this game. I am beginning to believe but could be mistaken that the lack of a viable wake up attack is a weakness that he desperately needs. If he did not have this weakness, he would be broken.

I dislike changes, but in the long run I think all the top tier characters will have to be normalized, including Quan Chi. The game will become stagnant if the meta game revolves around nothing but 50/50 mix ups, which is more or less what you see now every time you watch a match between two quality players. The game welcomes 50/50 mix ups with open arms but accepts no other type of gameplay. Players who claim that the game is about footsies are fooling you. Quan Chi certainly plays no footsies whatsoever.
I fully agree that as of right now it all just looks like 50/50s for days. I hope they don't nerf Quan too hard... I will probably play him now, but will closely watch Shinnok's buffs.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Been trying this 1 for a while now (new to Quan).

After the f2122 f4 trance & the bat, there's a gap for you to jip, whereas my opponent is a lot closer & the jip whiffs. Is it a speed thing or can you cancel the trance walk or is it something else I'm missing? Cheers

Viper

Noob
Why cant I do this combo - (summoner) b2, close rune, rising demon, b2? he's recovering too slow to hit the b2 like i don't know how you guys are hitting it. (New to summoner)

Why cant I do this combo - (summoner) b2, close rune, rising demon, b2? he's recovering too slow to hit the b2 like i don't know how you guys are hitting it. (New to summoner)
YOu have to send the rising demon when the opponent is about to hit the ground not that easy though need some practice to get the timing

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body

Whaaat?! You don't consider nj2 playing footsies :DOGE

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I watched this and immediately thought, "this is soo good! How could I be stuck on the other stuff that's soo good, and not try new stuff that could be sooo good". The bat has no chance of staying the way it is, does it...
I see nrs nerfing it from a low to a mid