What's new

Quan Chi Combo vids

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
Just Thought I'd make a quan chi combo vid thread seeming as I don't see much quan chi combo videos.
Here is one of my Combos. 52% Midscreen No Meter...with Power Up.

Nice combo, I sqeeze in a Jump in punch during trance for extra dmg.
For future reference, I'd do the combo w/o boost and then put annotations for dmg with boost in it. For me atleast it is way more interesting since you very rarley will get a dmg boosted combo in at all.

KingKuma

Noob
Just Thought I'd make a quan chi combo vid thread seeming as I don't see much quan chi combo videos.
Here is one of my Combos. 52% Midscreen No Meter...with Power Up.

What is the input for those 2 hits right before the trance? I usually do 1, 1, 2, trance but I only get around 35% damage with no buff.

What is the input for those 2 hits right before the trance? I usually do 1, 1, 2, trance but I only get around 35% damage with no buff.
b1,1 I always use this, makes same or more dmg, and less total hits for less scaling.
I used to use this combo after every jump in punch i landed..., but now i end with Ji-Punch 1,1 Sky Drop to leave them standing, from there you can continue pressure.

41% Damage No Meter No Boost Damage
Glad you started recording w/o boost, Nice work.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Man, how are you able to jump forward like that after doing a trance? My guy just stands there until the opponent walks up on me.

EDIT... apparently it was changed in the hotfix. nm.

Nice find!
I used your ender to find a new midscreen max combo without meters.

Jumppunch, B+21, dash B+21, dash B+11, BF3, jumppunch, B+31+2 small dash uppercut. 43% without skelleton boost, and 57% (!) with skelleton boost.

Nice find!

Jumppunch, B+21, dash B+21, dash B+11, BF3, jumppunch, B+31+2 small dash uppercut. 43% without skelleton boost, and 57% (!) with skelleton boost.
Hahaha, I did the same thing--it's a nice combo.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Nice find!

Check the highlighted portion above. I've been using this combo with one difference: the extra "1" on your dash B+11. Due to the damage scaling, this will actually cause less damage than if only landed the B+1.

Check the highlighted portion above. I've been using this combo with one difference: the extra "1" on your dash B+11. Due to the damage scaling, this will actually cause less damage than if only landed the B+1.
Only in X-Ray combos. The damage loss from the extra proration otherwise is less than the damage gained from the b+1,1 string. Keep in mind that ending the combo with 1,1 xx Sky Drop or 2,1 xx EX Skull Ball will net more overall damage with the blockstring following it, but won't build as much distance. Also, using the b+2,1 > Trance starter, you can deal more damage, gain more meter, and create more distance than the the b+2,1 > b+2,1 > b+1,1 xx Trance combo, but it's a bit harder. Another thing to note is that the b+3,1+2 > uppercut ender moves the opponent out of the corner, but b+1,1 xx Ground Burst works as well for a bit less damage and a bit more meter.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Only in X-Ray combos. The damage loss from the extra proration otherwise is less than the damage gained from the b+1,1 string. Keep in mind that ending the combo with 1,1,Sky Drop will net more overall damage with the blockstring following it, but won't build as much distance. Also, using the b+2,1 > Trance starter, you can deal more damage, gain more meter, and create more distance than the the b+2,1 > b+2,1 > b+1,1 xx Trance combo, but it's a bit harder.
I've tried both variations (B+11, B+1) and the B+1 always deals more damage (only 1 percent more, but still). Have you tried it post patch and hotfix?

I've tried both variations (B+11, B+1) and the B+1 always deals more damage (only 1 percent more, but still). Have you tried it post patch and hotfix?
Yeah, I'm doing it right now. :/ The only time outside of some X-Ray combos that the b+1 alone deals more damage overall is if you ground-to-air with b+1 > Trance so you can still perform b+2,1 > b+2,1 > b+1,1 xx Ground Burst/Skull Ball after the Trance.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Yeah, I'm doing it right now. :/
First of all, damn you, I'm at work :D. Second, WTF? are you trying it on xbox or PS3? I'm on PS3 and EVERY time I've done it the B+1 yeilds more damage. Are you doing the exact Jp, B+21, dash B+21, dash B+1, BF3, jumppunch, B+31+2 small dash uppercut?