What's new

Putting Reptile's Dash in Perspective

Kabal cannot use his dash to punish jump distance stuff at approximately 10f.

Kabal cannot do a normal ND to avoid cross ups entirely on reaction.

Kabal cannot convert his projectiles to combos even on trade.

Kabal cannot interrupt some gaps elbow dash can without taking some damage using EXND.

Kabal has no 6f punisher in his dash.

Please stop doing the comparison. There is none.
well to be fair a lot of those are just EN Dash.

He can punish a lot of jumps with it, beat crossups with it, interrupt gaps with it, etc.

And he does use it so that he can combo off of his projectiles, it's just only if they hit AA, so that is sort of similar.

The only one that he strictly can not do is punish with it in 6 frames haha
Yes this exactly

This comparison makes no sense. The only thing these two moves have in common is that they are advancing specials. You might as well list jaxs dash punch, strykers roll, Liu kangs kick, raidens superman etc.

#IamMuffinMuggers

This comparison makes no sense. The only thing these two moves have in common is that they are advancing specials. You might as well list jaxs dash punch, strykers roll, Liu kangs kick, raidens superman etc.

#IamMuffinMuggers
Kabal's dash can do almost everything Reptile's dash can and more while there are a lot of things Reptile' dash can't do but Kabal's can. So I find it odd the amount of complaints reptile's dash get.

Flagg

Noob
Is Reptiles elbow faster than Kabals nomad dash? Reptile can definitely use this move as a means of closing distance cause he can jump after one immediately. Pretty sure Kabal cant do this. Jax, yes, he could use it to close distance, but like NW shoulder, you only have to duck and full combo punish.

Reptiles elbow is a really good move in this game, cause it's quite flexible and has a few purposes.

Skarlets dash is quite good as it creates a few mix ups and mind games, but it seems nowhere near as fast as the reptile elbow.

Is Reptiles elbow faster than Kabals nomad dash? Reptile can definitely use this move as a means of closing distance cause he can jump after one immediately. Pretty sure Kabal cant do this. Jax, yes, he could use it to close distance, but like NW shoulder, you only have to duck and full combo punish.

Reptiles elbow is a really good move in this game, cause it's quite flexible and has a few purposes.

Skarlets dash is quite good as it creates a few mix ups and mind games, but it seems nowhere near as fast as the reptile elbow.
Reptile's has a quicker execution then Kabal. Not sure on the exact speed of the dashes though. But Kabal can use his to close distace and if the player wants can cancel out of it and go for JIP as well.

Flagg

Noob
Reptile's has a quicker execution then Kabal. Not sure on the exact speed of the dashes though. But Kabal can use his to close distace and if the player wants can cancel out of it and go for JIP as well.
But, players are only human, and NMDC's can be fluffed, and a blocked one of those is full combo. Yeah I know reptiles elbow is as well, but if you're not expecting one, but you happen to be blocking, it can take you by surprise. I've learned the art of walking backwards against reptile when he is outside of jump range, you can deal with the elbow a lot better then.

That said, Kabals ex dash is far superior to Reptiles ex elbow.

Kabal's dash can do almost everything Reptile's dash can and more while there are a lot of things Reptile' dash can't do but Kabal's can. So I find it odd the amount of complaints reptile's dash get.
I see the connection you are trying to make, but as flag pointed out there are moves in the game that are even more similar than kabals dash. Just because it's got dash in the name doesn't mean it's function is the same. Ppl complain about elbow dash because it's 6 frames and not easy to punish online. Simple as that.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
properly spacing elbow dash opens up options for throws, pressure, cross-ups, pokes...

or is that just me?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
properly spacing elbow dash opens up options for throws, pressure, cross-ups, pokes...

or is that just me?
No I see it fairly often, dash up into cross up was quite a popular strategy for a while a few months ago from what I recall because they have you trying to block and punish but it stops just short of where you are and then he crossover punches you in the back of the head into a combo usually.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
No I see it fairly often, dash up into cross up was quite a popular strategy for a while a few months ago from what I recall because they have you trying to block and punish but it stops just short of where you are and then he crossover punches you in the back of the head into a combo usually.
seems like nobody takes it into account though, even though it's really useful. Kabal does the same thing, stopping right in front of you and blowing you up because you tried to punish, reptile pretty much has the same options given to him, it's just that spacing it right is more difficult.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
seems like nobody takes it into account though, even though it's really useful. Kabal does the same thing, stopping right in front of you and blowing you up because you tried to punish, reptile pretty much has the same options given to him, it's just that spacing it right is more difficult.
Could be maybe because people are doing back walking nowadays and it messes up their spacing. I hardly stand still against a reptile, that's just asking to be put right where he wants to be for closing the distances in any of those situations you are talking about. Only time I stay still is full screen if I'm spamming projectiles like an asshole.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Elbow Dash
Exec: 6
On Block: -15
Dmg. 11%. (17% + Slide follow up or a juggle when cornered)
Duration: 16
Other notes: Closes the distance really fast, but lacks invisibility frames on "Wakeup" even though it's not a wakeup. EX Dash has an 8 frame gap between 1st and 2nd hits.

Nomad Dash
Exec: 18 (EX: 13 and has Super Armor on startup.)
On block: -31
Dmg. 0% but captures on hit
Duration: 16-62 (EX: 11-57)
Other notes: Can be canceled any time after startup. Can be used up close in his rushdown game. Can be used as a wakeup. Can be used to intimidate your opponent. Better corner escape. Leads to his broken pressure after a juggle.

The only thing the Elbow Dash has over Nomad Dash is that it comes out quicker and is less negative on block. Everything else is all dominated by the Nomad Dash which can do anything better than the norm. This isn't even a comparison AT ALL.

Elbow Dash
Exec: 6
On Block: -15
Dmg. 11%. (17% + Slide follow up or a juggle when cornered)
Duration: 16
Other notes: Closes the distance really fast, but lacks invisibility frames on "Wakeup" even though it's not a wakeup. EX Dash has an 8 frame gap between 1st and 2nd hits.

Nomad Dash
Exec: 18 (EX: 13 and has Super Armor on startup.)
On block: -31
Dmg. 0% but captures on hit
Duration: 16-62 (EX: 11-57)
Other notes: Can be canceled any time after startup. Can be used up close in his rushdown game. Can be used as a wakeup. Can be used to intimidate your opponent. Better corner escape. Leads to his broken pressure after a juggle.

The only thing the Elbow Dash has over Nomad Dash is that it comes out quicker and is less negative on block. Everything else is all dominated by the Nomad Dash which can do anything better than the norm. This isn't even a comparison AT ALL.
Ex elbow you can slide out of, not normal. Same applies for the corner. Maybe that's what you meant. Plus ex elbow leaves you at...shit +5 I think...I done fergotted...

Yeah def +5
#IamMuffinMuggers

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ex elbow you can slide out of, not normal. Same applies for the corner. Maybe that's what you meant. Plus ex elbow leaves you at...shit +5 I think...I done fergotted...

Yeah def +5
#IamMuffinMuggers
Ya. That too. It's just these 2 dashes are different beasts and can't be compared to at all.