What's new

Breakthrough Punishing Walking Corpse on Hit

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Why does Superman need to take a risk? He can always choose to be safe, Zone F21 breath, back off zone. Rinse and repeat

When Grundy uses armor use trait.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Dear lord if Grundy gets a buff he will rape 95 percent of the cast.

Cancellable 3 hit armor (wave dash)

A sick anti air (8f massive hitbox)

STUPIDLY good damge.

Resets.

MEATIES up the ass.

One of the fastest dashes in the game.

Hell, even if you start blowing up his 112 and F1 strings, he can still kill you by baiting your punish.

But yes, lets buff this bad boy. While we're at it, give supes armor on F23

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dude, when Superman does F2,3~super breath on block, he's at +1. So that means the next F2,3 is going to be 7 frames basically. Grundy doesn't have anything 7 frames or faster, so basically he has to eat the next F2,3 coming after super breath... It's like a block infinite. The only thing Grundy can do to stop it is by armoring out with walking corpse or something. But if Superman has his trait active he can't even use armor, so Superman just completely shuts Grundy down
I am aware of all that. I know that the match up is terrible. I dislike nerfing any characters, but should super breath be +1 on block? That should be examined carefully.

Anyway, Hawk Girl also gets free super anywhere on the screen just like Superman.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I am not sure whether this information is new or not because I do not play Grundy. Nonetheless, my cousin Master D. has recently found out that the regular Walking Corpse leaves Grundy at approximately -12 on hit. Your opponent can back roll and attempt a wake up reversal attack mid screen, but fortunately all characters are out of range for punishment. However, some characters such as Deathstroke and Sinestro can back roll and wake up reversal attack with Low Shots and Fear Blast respectively. Grundy cannot avoid the chip damage from these special attacks. You are also out of range to throw with Walking Corpse again.

Hawk Girl and Superman are the only two characters who can punish Grundy for using the regular Walking Corpse mid screen. If you throw them with the Walking Corpse, they can back roll and wake up with their super moves and get a guaranteed punish.

Furthermore, if use the Walking Corpse to throw your opponent into the corner and do not meter burn, some characters can back roll and get free wake up attacks. The following is an incomplete list of what some characters are able to do. All of these attacks are 12F or faster.

- Deathstroke (sword flip, sword spin, and quick fire)
- Green Lantern (lift)
- Lex Luthor (charge)
- Sinestro (fear blast)
- The Flash (headbutt and charge)
- Wonder Woman (charge in sword stance)
Joker's parry *makes it miss* then 3 LC
Lex's armor as well

Gruff757

The Gruff
Grundy needs no buffs lol none at all dude is fine
very solid character

anyone who thinks grundy needs buffs needs a Power Chained D1 to the nuts

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
The biggest problem is punish the WC Setup when he MB this shit.

Tonight I played with a friend who mains Grundy and this setup is very strong, with 4 bars you can get 76% for free and unclashable. And, during the setup, you can build another meter to do the setup again, increasing the total damage to 95%. I still haven't tested it thoroughly, but the only character I main and managed to find something to get out of it was Flash with a, restricted and precisely well timed, db1.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The biggest problem is punish the WC Setup when he MB this shit.

Tonight I played with a friend who mains Grundy and this setup is very strong, with 4 bars you can get 76% for free and unclashable. And, during the setup, you can build another meter to do the setup again, increasing the total damage to 95%. I still haven't tested it thoroughly, but the only character I main and managed to find something to get out of it was Flash with a, restricted and precisely well timed, db1.
I think any character with a full invincible wake up attack can escape.

I wonder whether a character like Sinestro can do anything.

Pig Of The Hut

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden

Pig Of The Hut
Good to know, I will test other characters to see who can get out of it or not. I think this setup should be revised, i don't think that it's proper or correct that a minimal amount of characters can be able to leave while others take 95% damage without being able to do absolutely nothing but watch.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
nice info m2dave

3~wc also beats wc in the grundy mirror.
also to non-grundy players you might want to check out your strings vs grundy in training,
so far ive found/seen a good few strings that grundy cant grab

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I still dont get why there are grab immune moves that look totally not evasive...I don't think NRS wanted to give them this property on purpose. Randomly whiffing wc is just awful

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

Pig Of The Hut
anyoen who doesn't have a wakeup attack that gets them off the ground or the attack does less than 3 hits..... they have to guess essentially.

When timed correctly.. you can not jump out, but you can use the invinc.

but if when timed late... the armor is still active and your wakeup attack gets nom nom nom'd.

Sinestro is one of these guys....there are more, but you all are smart enough to figure them out.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Dude, when Superman does F2,3~super breath on block, he's at +1. So that means the next F2,3 is going to be 7 frames basically. Grundy doesn't have anything 7 frames or faster, so basically he has to eat the next F2,3 coming after super breath... It's like a block infinite. The only thing Grundy can do to stop it is by armoring out with walking corpse or something. But if Superman has his trait active he can't even use armor, so Superman just completely shuts Grundy down
This is fine in the grand scheme

grundy's defense trait means i take .... zero chip damage and this "block infinite" is moot.

The real pain with fighitng superman is that he can f2,3~breathe, jump away, air dash away, laser.
that sequence is impossible to stop, and allows Superman to do what he wants.

There is no reason to ever put yourself at risk when you can get away free.

F2,3 isn't what shuts him down.