What's new

Breakthrough Punishing Walking Corpse on Hit

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I am not sure whether this information is new or not because I do not play Grundy. Nonetheless, my cousin Master D. has recently found out that the regular Walking Corpse leaves Grundy at approximately -12 on hit. Your opponent can back roll and attempt a wake up reversal attack mid screen, but fortunately all characters are out of range for punishment. However, some characters such as Deathstroke and Sinestro can back roll and wake up reversal attack with Low Shots and Fear Blast respectively. Grundy cannot avoid the chip damage from these special attacks. You are also out of range to throw with Walking Corpse again.

Hawk Girl and Superman are the only two characters who can punish Grundy for using the regular Walking Corpse mid screen. If you throw them with the Walking Corpse, they can back roll and wake up with their super moves and get a guaranteed punish.

Furthermore, if use the Walking Corpse to throw your opponent into the corner and do not meter burn, some characters can back roll and get free wake up attacks. The following is an incomplete list of what some characters are able to do. All of these attacks are 12F or faster.

- Deathstroke (sword flip, sword spin, and quick fire)
- Green Lantern (lift)
- Lex Luthor (charge)
- Sinestro (fear blast)
- The Flash (headbutt and charge)
- Wonder Woman (charge in sword stance)

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Superman is the only character who can punish Grundy for using the regular Walking Corpse mid screen. If you throw Superman with the Walking Corpse, he can back roll and wake up with his super move and get a guaranteed punish.
That's kind of ridiculous lol. The Superman match-up has to be at LEAST 8-2 in Supes favor

M2Dave

Zoning Master
what about DS super?
I am very sure that it is too slow.

That's kind of ridiculous lol. The Superman match-up has to be at LEAST 8-2 in Supes favor
I say at least 7:3 for now. I am not much of a Superman player and Master D. cannot beat me. This match up will always be terrible because of Superman's trait. If Superman activates trait and zones with lasers and f+2,3, it is almost impossible for Grundy to close the gap.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
If Superman was nerfed so that his zoning does not take so much chip and set you full screen then he would be a balanced character. Reminds me of Godlao in MK9.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I am very sure that it is too slow.

I say at least 7:3 for now. I am not much of a Superman player and Master D. cannot beat me. This match up will always be terrible because of Superman's trait. If Superman activates trait and zones with lasers and f+2,3, it is almost impossible for Grundy to close the gap.
Dude, when Superman does F2,3~super breath on block, he's at +1. So that means the next F2,3 is going to be 7 frames basically. Grundy doesn't have anything 7 frames or faster, so basically he has to eat the next F2,3 coming after super breath... It's like a block infinite. The only thing Grundy can do to stop it is by armoring out with walking corpse or something. But if Superman has his trait active he can't even use armor, so Superman just completely shuts Grundy down

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Dude, when Superman does F2,3~super breath on block, he's at +1. So that means the next F2,3 is going to be 7 frames basically. Grundy doesn't have anything 7 frames or faster, so basically he has to eat the next F2,3 coming after super breath... It's like a block infinite. The only thing Grundy can do to stop it is by armoring out with walking corpse or something. But if Superman has his trait active he can't even use armor, so Superman just completely shuts Grundy down
Back dash midscreen? Shouldn't that avoid it?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i don't get how supes still wins....i mean if its only his super that can punish....he has to burn all his meter.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Maybe a backdash, but if so than that would literally be your only option. But if Superman knows your going to backdash he has options that he can do
Agreed, but at least Grundy has something that he can do there. Every character SHOULD be able to backdash that frametrap midscreen.

Why would Grundy want to backdash? How else is Grundy going to beat Superman? hope for a meter burned swamp hands?
He wants to backdash so he doesn't eat another f21. He can then walking corpse the whiffed f21

Jeffreys

Agreed, but at least Grundy has something that he can do there. Every character SHOULD be able to backdash that frametrap midscreen.

He wants to backdash so he doesn't eat another f21. He can them walking corpse the whiffed f21
Really? So Grundy has to work his way to get all the way close to superman, so he can backdash and hope that superman keeps on doing F21 Breath? We should fucking protest to NRS.

New Superman tech against Grundy, After F21 Breath since you are plus, jump back and continue to zone.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Really? So Grundy has to work his way to get all the way close to superman, so he can backdash and hope that superman keeps on doing F21 Breath? We should fucking protest to NRS.

New Superman tech against Grundy, After F21 Breath since you are plus, jump back and continue to zone.
Lol, Grundy doesn't have to work half as hard as other characters.

Use your tools. The ability to get out of a frame trap is a good one. Utilize it and whiff punish if Supes gets to greedy.

Did all the new people on this site use Kenshi or something?

Jeffreys

Lol, Grundy doesn't have to work half as hard as other characters.

Use your tools. The ability to get out of a frame trap is a good one. Utilize it and whiff punish if Supes gets to greedy.

Did all the new people on this site use Kenshi or something?
Your key word is "if" everything else was meaningless.

Are you denying that Superman vs Grundy is an 8-2 or 7-3 matchup?