What's new

Punishing Kung Lao's Teleport + 3 Online

AkTiVe

o.o
I just recently got back to playing online again, and man so many kung lao's just throwing that teleport + 3 all day. I know how to punish it offline but online for me it seems impossible. I usually just do a back sweep to avoid it. How are you online warriors punishing that?

KHAOTIC_Flames

Mumm-Ra for Injustice?
I just recently got back to playing online again, and man so many kung lao's just throwing that teleport + 3 all day. I know how to punish it offline but online for me it seems impossible. I usually just do a back sweep to avoid it. How are you online warriors punishing that?
Learn how to punish Sonnyas D4.D4,D4 ex cartwell, x3 instead lol

Don't break your head trying to figure it out, it's not gonna happen. Even on reads you can't punish online. If your chaarcter has a fast uppercut (Cage, Quan Chi, Sektor etc.) just use that instead. HOPEFULLY, it connects.......

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
If the Kung Lao is just spamming it, you can anticipate it and dash forward/backward like K.O.E said. Use your character's AA combo to punish.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
It will work on a scrub, but what happens if he runs into a KL player like UsedForGlue ? lol
LBSH we have to be talking about baited ones, because good kl's like him would probably be doing all of them really sneaky that it would be hard to punish with any option.

Axel_Redd is a good kl and ive caught him with the uppercut combo on tele 3 a few times.
testify! the worst thing is ill wiff the lift if i uppercutted 2 early.

LBSH we have to be talking about baited ones, because good kl's like him would probably be doing all of them really sneaky that it would be hard to punish with any option.

Axel_Redd is a good kl and ive caught him with the uppercut combo on tele 3 a few times.
testify!
My point is to just learn to punish it properly. If the KL player is using it properly you'll get blown up.

If the KL player is a scrub and keeps spamming it, I'm still gonna walk forward B2 into Vortex setup.

Illmatix

My point is to just learn to punish it properly. If the KL player is using it properly you'll get blown up.

If the KL player is a scrub and keeps spamming it, I'm still gonna walk forward B2 into Vortex setup.
35% into a reset is a proper punish, i guess with ermac there's more incentive to uppercut, i've punished it for the unbreakerable 50% sometimes.
keep in mind i never said the universal way was wrong i was just saying my character has a good reward from d2. do i dash back on kl's tele? Hell yeah! but sometimes it's effective to uppercut it when you get a read.

I can uppercut pretty consistently. It's not very hard, even online.
It's not about consistency in this case. It's about maximizing your damage and getting setups.

Why would you punish Tele~3 with uppercut using Noob of all characters? KL already doesn't have to respect much from Noob.

Walk forward > 1 - 1,2 - 1,2~Teleport(Damage)/Portal(Setups)

Illmatix

It's not about consistency in this case. It's about maximizing your damage and getting setups.

Why would you punish Tele~3 with uppercut using Noob of all characters? KL already doesn't have to respect much from Noob.

that punish is pretty ouchy lol.... i fought madzin recently and this sounds like something he would do.

Illmatix

2 - 1,2 - 1,2~Teleport is the standard AA punish for Noob.

You replace the 2 for 1 against Tele~3 because 1's hitbox extends horizontally.
funny thing is i picked kung lao against his noob and i actually think he got me with that. i know he also punished it with ex upshadow though.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

Read my post. It was about Ermac. -_-

D

Deleted member 9158

this is the way to go, tea bag him when he does it and jump away at the last second so he doesnt get a combo. when you stand back up from the knockdown especially if your a zoner, teabag some more.
I'm far too classy for that. I try to win without blocking, tea-bag, and THEN baby the fool.

Though it doesn't work out very well most times...