What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Reptile Punishing Jason's B122

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I don't get the point of this thread. All you did was show a -8 string get punished by a 7 frame reversal...

Admired

Noob
You didn't even set Jason to block after you did his string. Also, I wouldn't risk doing it since you have to be frame perfect. You're better off poking and using the hit advantage to go into more pressure.

colby4898

You didn't even set Jason to block after you did his string. Also, I wouldn't risk doing it since you have to be frame perfect. You're better off poking and using the hit advantage to go into more pressure.
lol I noticed that.
Also you dont have to be frame perfect, it's a reversal so it comes on the first possible frame. Should be able to punish consistently.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I hate to be "that guy," but a slide punish is hella risky to do on Jason. Plus, he pushed Reptile back on B122 string, so if you try to counter him with a decent mid, he can just block because he's only -8.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
it doesnt matter as long as bf2 is done within the reversal window... try to buffer it, you'll get the punish 10/10 times

I hate to be "that guy," but a slide punish is hella risky to do on Jason. Plus, he pushed Reptile back on B122 string, so if you try to counter him with a decent mid, he can just block because he's only -8.
blockstun or pushback doesnt matter when you do a reversal, you always gonna get the punish no matter what.

bf2 is 8f so it's gonna punish b122 cause its -8, that's how the reversal mechanic works

colby4898

it doesnt matter as long as bf2 is done within the reversal window... try to buffer it, you'll get the punish 10/10 times

blockstun or pushback doesnt matter when you do a reversal, you always gonna get the punish no matter what.

bf2 is 8f so it's gonna punish b122 cause its -8, that's how the reversal mechanic works
I believe if it's reversal it comes out 1 frame earlier, so it's actually a 7 frame reversal. I could be wrong about that though.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I believe if it's reversal it comes out 1 frame earlier, so it's actually a 7 frame reversal. I could be wrong about that though.
yeah you're right, i knew that special moves on reversal will punish moves that are equal or slower on start up
:)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well for one thing you need to set the AI to block after you do the string, Reptile doing a move on a non-blocking Jason doesn't really prove much lol.
Nah it doesn't change startup, reversals just have the added bonus of being executed one frame earlier than a non-reversal special or normal.