What's new

PSN name change: are you going to do it?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I just want to take a moment to personally thank God for the fact that this will be available soon. My PSN is Godstank, and because I didn't put an underscore people automatically think it's God Stank and not God's Tank, so I REALLY need to change it, because I'm getting tired of getting messages like "God stank? God gave you life motherF-er!" Or my favourite: "YOU DIS OUR LORD IN SAVIOUR YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL!!" And while he's my lord and saviour too, I mean perhaps consider piping the f down?

Anyways, I'm considering changing it too Gods_Nerd.

Do you guys have an embarrassing PSN or Gamertag you'd like to change?

EDIT: I instead followed your advice and just created another account on my PS4 and hey, it works! Don't need to buy another PSN membership, just gotta have the one on my 'primary' account. So if you guys want to add me and play some IJ2 it's Gods_Nerd.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I just want to take a moment to personally thank God for the fact that this will be available soon. My PSN is Godstank, and because I didn't put an underscore people automatically think it's God Stank and not God's Tank, so I REALLY need to change it, because I'm getting tired of getting messages like "God stank? God gave you life motherF-er!" Or my favourite: "YOU DIS OUR LORD IN SAVIOUR YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL!!" And while he's my lord and saviour too, I mean perhaps consider piping the f down?

Anyways, I'm considering changing it too Gods_Nerd.

Do you guys have an embarrassing PSN or Gamertag you'd like to change?
I think it's awesome and I like to laugh at religious fanatics go on a whirl if someone says random shit like "god damn it". Raging morons are funny, do not change it imo.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
As long as they iron out the rumored issues it was going to have with some games, I can't remember what they were exactly but it almost sounded risky.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yo when is that happening? I'd like to change my old psn name to match my fgc one
They said 'early 2019', which could mean anywhere from tomorrow to march really. I hate when they don't set dates for stuff.

As long as they iron out the rumored issues it was going to have with some games, I can't remember what they were exactly but it almost sounded risky.
Yeah, they said every game since April 2018 might not load your progress and you might lose the ones you bought before then. I don't mind losing progress since all I play are FGs, but still, it sounds risky AF.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Yeah. My usernames consists out of my two main usernames, but I've separated them with a simple minus (-). But somehow it looks super bad and triggers me. I'll still be using the same two nicknames, but this time without the minus.

Edit: Also LOL @ God Stank.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Someone on reddit has taken my username, HeavyNorse. XD
Maybe I should change it then... ah well, my own fault for not claiming that name on there as well.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Depends on what the victims will say. Heard that changing the nick might mess things up, like no longer playing the DLCs, and such. Meaning, what you DLed in the past might be deleted and no longer usable.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
They said 'early 2019', which could mean anywhere from tomorrow to march really. I hate when they don't set dates for stuff.

Yeah, they said every game since April 2018 might not load your progress and you might lose the ones you bought before then. I don't mind losing progress since all I play are FGs, but still, it sounds risky AF.
Which is crazy considering the X1 has had this feature forever with no issues at all to my knowledge, and I believe the Switch does too. They just need to figure out the problem and fix it. I know its probably easier said than done but still, that kind of risk is a little ridiculous when other consoles don't have the same problem.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Which is crazy considering the X1 has had this feature forever with no issues at all to my knowledge, and I believe the Switch does too. They just need to figure out the problem and fix it. I know its probably easier said than done but still, that kind of risk is a little ridiculous when other consoles don't have the same problem.
Yeah no kidding, I can also change my uPlay no problem and PS4 is the only console with that problem it's kinda weird. I'm guessing that's what they're trying to iron out by not giving a date for the update.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol that story on your name is hilarious, I figured Gods_Tank but yeah that reminds me of a friend of mine wayy back his old GT was THE ME 262, most people unless you're familiar with history have no clue wtf it meant so they just called him The ME" but was actually M.E. but since Xbox don't let you use . in between. So he changed it. At any rate, I always thought that was dumb on Sony's part. Glad they're finally changing that option.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Since you only need one account to have PS+ on the box for any account on it to access PS+ Features/Online. I just make a new PSN account and get the name I want.

Now to be fair idc about trophies so that doesnt matter. So you could have upwards of 11 active accounts while paying for one.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
POGCHAMP YASSSSSS

I was borrowing my cousins PS3 back in 2008 and was desperate to get online and get mopped in cod4, so I tried a few versions of my name (Nicholas) to find one that didn't need a bunch of numbers after it. Settling on Nikolaos_ and being a dumbass I didn't expect that people would keep messaging me in greek and I'd feel like a dirty fraud lmao.