What's new

PS5 Controller Options

Alright, Hori Octa, Razor Raion, 8bitDO M30 and Retrobit Sega Saturn controller. These look to be the options. Has anyone had any real experience with them? I’d like to purchase one but I’m not trying to buy accidental garbage. The dpad has to be able to pull of SF6 inputs with relative ease.

REYTHEGREAT

Alright, Hori Octa, Razor Raion, 8bitDO M30 and Retrobit Sega Saturn controller. These look to be the options. Has anyone had any real experience with them? I’d like to purchase one but I’m not trying to buy accidental garbage. The dpad has to be able to pull of SF6 inputs with relative ease.
read my previous post on page 1 regarding the Hori Octa.

mrapchem

Noob
I use a Razer Raion exclusively on my PS5 and once I modded its D-Pad to add a pivot point behind the it, the controller plays phenomenally. I've used it for almost 2 years with no issues.

The kicker is can you find a Raion for cheap anymore lol!

I use a Razer Raion exclusively on my PS5 and once I modded its D-Pad to add a pivot point behind the it, the controller plays phenomenally. I've used it for almost 2 years with no issues.

The kicker is can you find a Raion for cheap anymore lol!
You’re right. Looks like they are a tough find. It might be time for me to start a company and create one.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
The octa is making me tear my hair out i either get no diagonal input or i get too much ive spent two days messing with the app trying to find the sweet spot , help me guise :mad:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'm rocking a brook universal fighting board with the up5 attachment to allow me to use it on ps5

received_797217685446773.jpeg

Last edited:
I just received the hori Octa for ps5 and I’m really enjoying it. I bought it for sf6 and I find it a lot easier to input certain strings and combo routes. I’m not good at sf6 but I got really far in marissa’s combo guide with it. The dpad is amazing.
Ok so I ended up ordering the Octa for PS5. I find that it’s a lot better for inputs than the PS5 controller. It has an xbox type s “floating” dpad. It’s really nice for SF6 inputs.

You can also assign buttons to any layout you wish which is fantastic. If you want your R1 command to be on the L1 button just make the switch. When paired with the SF6 customization, it turns out really well.

Zviko

Noob
What about Victrix Pro BFG? Does anyone have any experience with it? Also how do you use your Octas, BFGs, with fightpad or nah? What about the grip, claw or normal? Oh and with all the controllers with extra buttons, can you map it so 1 button functions as a 2 button press, like LP + HP in SF6 etc?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The most recent brook converter, converts any controller in existence to play on PS5, even Sega Genesis
I need this in my life.
Either for the X-One Pad, or the PS2 Pad with the analog sticks popped out like way back in the day. Two best controllers ever.

I was worried the 5 controller was going to be less than appealing for Lé Kombat, so it is great to know that new tech has been developed.

To this day, I have absolutely no faith in the DS4's R2 Trigger to do what must be done, especially in a game like MKX where you have three entire mechanics that depend on it between running, blocking and meter-burning. The X-One RT Button, though? The most reliable button in the history of fingers and their ability to press.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
What about Victrix Pro BFG? Does anyone have any experience with it? Also how do you use your Octas, BFGs, with fightpad or nah? What about the grip, claw or normal? Oh and with all the controllers with extra buttons, can you map it so 1 button functions as a 2 button press, like LP + HP in SF6 etc?
Ive just started with the octa its growing on me it takes a good bit of tweaking to get right tho , down up motions seem to be a problem cause of my big hands

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Budget FightBox for PC ... it is like 100bucks AUD (so like 50usd or something)

googel : RAC-J500BB

Interesting as it is a mixbox layout.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
I don't have one, but I'm planning on selling a bunch after seeing its performance, I have a ps3 and ps4 stick as well, the review confirms the input lag it's nonexistent.

Hope this isn´t a stupid Question, but can i use my Battlebeaver PS4 Pad with that converter in some way?
Thanks!

cheers