What's new

PS4 vs Nintendo Switch comparison

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
I mean...it's not too bad all things considered. I knew I was signing up for a less powerful version when I preordered the game. Buuut...

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Eh, not massively surprising considering you can play on the go. I'm more curious about how the online will handle.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Oophf...that's pretty noticeable. But I guess a necessary sacrifice for on the go gaming. It could be worse.

I think as long as I stick to playing on the Switch screen itself (which is what I wanted and why I chose this version to begin with), it won't make much of a difference. But man playing docked to a TV probably won't be the way to go for this one haha. I'll likely be double dipping and getting it on PC for at home play.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I played the Switch version at PAX East this year. The difference, in motion, is really not quite as striking as it looks here.
Same here, honestly the only time it not looking as good stood out to me was during the fatalities, but even those are pretty good for what we're given.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Question though this is handheld mode I assume because all games have less quality resolution in handheld than TV. I think the person who took that cap did their best to take a crappy looking switch shot honestly. Everyone who played it at PAX says it looks very, very good. We know it's not going to be quiet as powerful graphically as the others but at the end of the day, it looks good enough for me and gameplay is what matters. I also like how the switch has an exclusive 8 player offline tournament mode.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Look, as long as it can hold 60fps I will probably buy it once the komplete edition or whatever they’re gonna call it drops. I’m gonna be mainly on ps4 because that’s where the best players and most players are, that plus the jump in quality graphically and the switch lacking an Ethernet cord (yikes) means I’ll have no reason to wanna use that version at my house. On the go though? Shit yeah, would be nice to lab characters and fuck around with ladders and stuff. Would be even nicer if through our WBIDs we could have the same stuff. I’d totally grind towers on my switch while hanging out/bullshitting with my family or friends to get some sweet cosmetics for the ps4. But they’ll more than likely be separated by PSN/XBL/Nintendo as usual. Would be nice though.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The Switch version is docked or handheld mode?
Question though this is handheld mode I assume because all games have less quality resolution in handheld than TV. I think the person who took that cap did their best to take a crappy looking switch shot honestly. Everyone who played it at PAX says it looks very, very good. We know it's not going to be quiet as powerful graphically as the others but at the end of the day, it looks good enough for me and gameplay is what matters. I also like how the switch has an exclusive 8 player offline tournament mode.
Honestly I have no idea. I just didn’t see it posted here yet, so I posted it. People keep asking for Switch gameplay. No judgment from me.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Honestly I have no idea. I just didn’t see it posted here yet, so I posted it. No judgment from me.
It's ok, I'm not blaming you no worries man lol. I appreciate the topic as Switch hasn't been getting a lot of threads of late but now near release more info. There's another thread on here in dock mode, thankfully the game in motion and on TV mode looks much better than this image demonstrates. Did you see it?

Reactions: Zev

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Don’t really care about the graphics. The actual battles are at a consistent and constant 60fps, that’s all that matters for me. As long as I can practice on the go, actual practice, I’ll be completely fine.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Don’t really care about the graphics. The actual battles are at a consistent and constant 60fps, that’s all that matters for me. As long as I can practice on the go, actual practice, I’ll be completely fine.
i mean its only real benefit is playing it on the go so it is what it is
I hate playing almost anything on those joycons... Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Smash Bros... Zelda was bearable but I still preferred the Pro controller... but man, I just couldn’t imagine trying to play a real fighting game in handheld mode. I’d have to bring my Pro controller with me.