What's new

PS4 or Xbone?

Which console do you recommend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

P3irce

Noob
Hey guys it's been quite a while since I've browsed tym but what with the new mk trailer and summer finally ending, the time seems perfect to ease back in.

With E3 ending, it seems like right time to think about upgrading to the next generation and I'd love to hear opinions on which console to get / which version of mk 10 you'll be getting.
Thanks in advance

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
If I didn't already get an Xbone as a gift, I would've just gotten the cheaper one. See which one had sales and promotions.

I don't really think it matters which you get. A couple months ago I would have said PS4, however; upcoming multiplats are growing more similar in their performance and graphics. Perhaps do some research on which exclusives you'd prefer. You can always just wait to see what the tournament standard would be and buy that.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
More than likely, the Playstation 4 will be the mainstream tournament console for Mortal Kombat X, but this is pure speculation, so don't take my words to heart.

That said, although I use the Xbox One, I will tell you this: the Playstation 4's pad for fighting games is simply amazing. You will love using it for MK:X way more than if you were to use an XB1 pad. And from what we've seen at E3, MK:X runs quite well on the PS4. I believe it will run just as well on XB1, but we have yet to see this demonstration.

I mean, as someone who has been completely converted to an Xbox fanboy, some would bet I'd recommend the One right off the bat, but the PS4 has made such a strong case for itself that I can't bring myself to vote against it.

So in other words, I'm torn on what to suggest, LOL.

GGA Max

Not sure if this thread will end well but I chose ps4 because I like the controller better, don't care much for KI, and didn't want the mandatory camera. This was in December btw, and it has been good since then.

GGA Max

Also, the hardware on ps4 is somewhat better but no one knows if it would affect gameplay/graphics at this point.

P3irce

Noob
I agree on with many of the points about the ps4 having the superior controller, and since it was the console at e3 it probably performs at the highest level, excluding PC.

Does anyone have experience with the net code for psn? I've had little experience with playing online on psn

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
make your decision based on the exclusives;
Xbox - Halo 5, sunset overdrive, KI, Titanfall (I heard the 2nd one will be on ps4)
Ps4 - Uncharted 4, Bloodborne(demonsouls 2), guilty gear(I think), 1886

edited

Last edited:

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
no mans sky
That's a muliplat bro.

If you are deciding for tournament play, I'm 99% sure it will be on Xbone. All the TOs have Xbones that they can use already so there is no reason for them to run it on ps4.
That's an interesting point.

Also how is the psn marketplace in regards to arcade games or past generation games ?
From what I've heard, it has alot of the classics. It has Silent Hill 1 which makes me jelly.

P3irce

Noob
If you are deciding for tournament play, I'm 99% sure it will be on Xbone. All the TOs have Xbones that they can use already so there is no reason for them to run it on ps4.
I'd be open to more tourney participation but it likely I'd spend most of my time online, huge fan of your YouTube vids btw great content

E

Eldriken

Not sure if this thread will end well but I chose ps4 because I like the controller better, don't care much for KI, and didn't want the mandatory camera. This was in December btw, and it has been good since then.
Er, Kinect hasn't been mandatory since the console released. Microsoft changed that due to backlash and even have a version that doesn't come with the Kinect.

GGA Max

Er, Kinect hasn't been mandatory since the console released. Microsoft changed that due to backlash and even have a version that doesn't come with the Kinect.
Yeah I know recently there was a $399 version without the camera. What I meant was, that wasn't available at the time I was making my decision.

E

Eldriken

Yeah I know recently there was a $399 version without the camera. What I meant was, that wasn't available at the time I was making my decision.
Looking back on what you said, I should have interpreted it that way to begin with. Sorry.

E

Eldriken

Xbox Juan for multiple reasons
  • Halo Master Chief Collection
  • Play MKX on what it's originally being designed for. Which is NexGen
  • KI
  • Already have an XBL Subscription
  • Juan is cheaper now without Kinect
They're both the same price if you get the One without the Kinect.

They're also both next-gen consoles.

insignis

Noob
what do YOU want to get from the console?

1) different exclusives - which you are more interested in?
2) different fighting game - XboxOne - KI, PS4 - Guilty Gear and maybe Chainsaw Incident)
3) do you have a descent PC? - some Xbox titles become PC games later (Alan Wake, Fable, Titanfall)

If tournaments are ran on XboxOne - who cares? I bet you are/will have multi-platform compatible stick/hitbox or PS2 controller anyway.