What's new

PS2 to PS4 Brook Converters not working 2016!

Hey guys I already did the firmware update in late 2015 to get my Brook converter working again and not timing out after 8min...

Now it is at it again with the latest PS4 Update.

Any help or solutions for this time?

@Youphemism

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not just PS2 to PS4, should be affecting XB1 to PS4 too, seems to be all the to PS4 converters. Brook are aware of it, they're trying to fix it now and should have one out within the next day or two they said. They better have it soon because otherwise I can't use mine at KiT :/

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Not just PS2 to PS4, should be affecting XB1 to PS4 too, seems to be all the to PS4 converters. Brook are aware of it, they're trying to fix it now and should have one out within the next day or two they said. They better have it soon because otherwise I can't use mine at KiT :/
Would it even be allowed at KIT?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's every PS4 converter from Brook. On SRK forums the Brook rep posted that they are hard at work on a firmware update to fix this and hope to release it tomorrow.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Someone should be willing to take a laptop with them to help others make sure that their converters are updated. That way, if it's not ready by the time people start traveling, it won't be as big an issue.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Someone should be willing to take a laptop with them to help others make sure that their converters are updated. That way, if it's not ready by the time people start traveling, it won't be as big an issue.
I was thinking about this myself. I was hoping maybe one of the streamers would let me use their computer to do it worst case scenario but it'd be good if there was one we know we can definitely use. @Vandy any suggestions?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Anyone want to help guide me through this? Im at step 7 and after i pick 64 bit it wants me to select a specific driver. And my computer says it may not be compatible. Asking/seeing if this is what is suppose to happen since it is not mentioned in the instructions. Its asking me what model I want to install. I am assuming zeroplus but i do not want to assume wrong

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Anyone want to help guide me through this? Im at step 7 and after i pick 64 bit it wants me to select a specific driver. And my computer says it may not be compatible. Asking/seeing if this is what is suppose to happen since it is not mentioned in the instructions. Its asking me what model I want to install. I am assuming zeroplus but i do not want to assume wrong
Weird, it didn't even ask me about a driver, I just downloaded the zip file, ran the app and plugged in the converter. I'd ask @GOGO Zippy

If a firmware update is presented by Brook in time for the tournament I will work with the hotel to get a line or wireless to use for updates.

I will keep watch on the situation.
And the best T.O. award goes to Ian again!! KiT is going to be so great!

off topic... Does anyone know if you can use an xtokki ps2 to ps3 and then plug the ps3 side into the brook ps3/ps4 to use a ps2 pad on ps4? I suppose I could just like... try it.