What's new

(PS1) Mortal Kombat 3

Hey, I recently got MK3 for PS1. Is their any thoughts on this version? Other then the fact that it looks and loads like shit? haha.

They uploaded this game for me on a certain ISO master list but haven't gotten much chance to mess with it other then see if it ran on EPSXE.

Any combo's or broken things you can do in this version of the game? Just looking for something to mess with.

ded

Elder God
it should be 1:1 with mk3 win version, so i guess everything from arcade works, i dont know any other differences

MKK hanzo

You can block for example a JK and counterattack with an Ice Blast or Shadow ram before the foe touches the ground. This makes it looks and play like MK1 lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
You can block for example a JK and counterattack with an Ice Blast or Shadow ram before the foe touches the ground. This makes it looks and play like MK1 lol.
Wow, didn't know that...it makes Kabal even more powerful :shock:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If Kabal's spin retains the no activate property after a blocked JK like it has in normal MK3, he still might not be able to do it. I think some people might know what I'm talking about. I dunno if it's block recovery specific, but Kabal can't do his spin like you can do a teleport punch instantly from a blocked JK.

MKK hanzo

Yeah, you are right. Kabal cannot do it. Just the characters that are able to retaliate after a blocked Hk/Lk.

Ah I see, well It was still a neccessity for me to get. Gotta get em all Kombatmon!

To me the ps1 graphics looks very bad, Maybe better then SNES but because better it looks more patchy, characters details are all pixels.

They definately made MKT for ps1 look a lot cleaner then this.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yes, I know what you are referring to...like after blocking a sweep you can't spin them :cry:

I know Lao's spin has horrible hit detection in MK3, but can it hit off of this? No DP = ownage.

Graphically they look the same. They used the same sprites for the mk3 characters and levels for trilogy. What do you notice besides darker shadows?

The video that Hanzo posted makes it look like the PSX version has "rough" gameplay (character's movements don't look fluid or something). Just something I noticed.

DAVE101 said:
Graphically they look the same. They used the same sprites for the mk3 characters and levels for trilogy. What do you notice besides darker shadows?

do you think I'm idiot?

Thats not PS1 screenshots.

Here, I made the screenshots bigger so a graphic comparison can actually be made. Look how much more pixelated Sonya's Face is in MK3 compared to MKT. They smoothed out the pixels in MKT.

MK3

MKT

ÐarkMoon said:
Do you think I'm idiot?
Do you?

I don't know what you are trying to prove with those screen shots. Anything stretched that much is going to look very bad. You also aren't taking into consideration that the MKT thumb is scaled down so it's going to look better. Here are exactly how the images saved in MK3/MKT (PSX).

MK3-MKT

DAVE101 said:
ÐarkMoon said:
Do you think I'm idiot?
Do you?

I don't know what you are trying to prove with those screen shots. Anything stretched that much is going to look very bad. You also aren't taking into consideration that the MKT thumb is scaled down so it's going to look better. Here are exactly how the images saved in MK3/MKT (PSX).
I never spoke once of the thumbnail picture of Sonya, I was talking about her actual character sprite, Oops you posted something meaningless smartass. Anything stretched that much is going to look very bad? What did I stretch? I did not stretch any picture, holy shit if playing the game on a 17 Inch monitor is going to make it look like shit. Wtf size TV did you play the game on? A 13 Inch to make the game look good? lol. You're video link is not worth my time.

EDIT: I swear, you talk like you know everything about MK3 and UMK3, maybe you do know alot, but there is one thing you don't know. How to Win. lol 1 in every 17, lol.

MKK hanzo

Actually on my TV during gameplay, MKT on PSX looks very blurry and MK3 seems to have a sharper image. Dont know why. Also the characters seem to be smaller in MKT.

I found the five differences... (I love PhotoHunt)

1. Shang Tsung's tail
2. Liu Kang's hands.
3. Liu Kang's raging hard-on
4. The clock
5. The clown

ÐarkMoon said:
I never spoke once of the thumbnail picture of Sonya, I was talking about her actual character sprite...
I'm sorry I made a bad judgement. I assumed you were talking about the thumbs because, well look at your own pics:

ÐarkMoon said:
What did I stretch? I did not stretch any picture...
ÐarkMoon said:
Here, I made the screenshots bigger...

ÐarkMoon said:
Holy shit if playing the game on a 17 Inch monitor is going to make it look like shit. Wtf size TV did you play the game on? A 13 Inch to make the game look good?
It's all preference. I don't feel like I need to play full screen when I'm 10 inches away from my moniter. Though I do play full screen on a 36" from 6 feet away. I could make the two original screens I posted 800x600 and they would still look the same.

ÐarkMoon said:
You're video link is not worth my time.
Afraid to be wrong? Everyone makes mistakes man.

ÐarkMoon said:
Here, I made the screenshots bigger so a graphic comparison can actually be made. Look how much more pixelated Sonya's Face is in MK3 compared to MKT. They smoothed out the pixels in MKT.

MK3

MKT

They look the same to me.

dreemernj

Ambassador
ÐarkMoon said:
DAVE101 said:

do you think I'm idiot?

Thats not PS1 screenshots.
I don't see anything that makes it look like it's not PSX. Both are the right resolutions for the games. And MK3 has the energy bars lower which is correct. It looks like Dave posted exactly what he said he posted.

Making the screenshots bigger doesn't do a whole lot because it will cause the picture to distort. The best bet is to compare them at their native resolutions.