What's new

Proof that Batman can take on the entire Justice League with ease

Roachthroat

I WILL SHOW YOU WAR - Black Adam
Or when he convinced the Spectre not to kill Joker by saying he was 'too insane' as if that meant anything.
true the spectre would've torn him to shreds especially after he stole his infinite power and went on a joyride but thats a Spectre inconsistency more than it is batman

i like how people don't realize how far he's pushed himself as a human. here's a guy who can flying kick nearly 25 feet, in a heavy suit of armor. he's a cunning tactician, higher than an olympic athlete, and a literal ninja. LBSH if meta-humans didn't exist everyone in his universe would have thought he was a godlike monster. he made criminals believe this, and this is why the rest of the JL has respect for him. i think they respect him also because his power wasn't bestowed upon him, he earned it. so it doesn't mater if he can beat them, because deep down they know if they weren't gifted with their powers, who would come on top. Also the JL needs him as an ambassador for the human race. with out all the regular guys in the JL im pretty sure people wouldn't feel secure.

The Justice League needs Batman more than he needs the Justice League.
eh... no. humans actually trust superman more than they trust batman. wonder woman without powers wouldn't fear batman at all. and well. they respect him and that's it, superman trusts him to take him down if he goes rogue and he actually can't. he IS a human, he is a remarkable human and yet he can't handle the league.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
eh... no. humans actually trust superman more than they trust batman. wonder woman without powers wouldn't fear batman at all. and well. they respect him and that's it, superman trusts him to take him down if he goes rogue and he actually can't. he IS a human, he is a remarkable human and yet he can't handle the league.
maybe ill always just root for batman because id rather put my faith in Prometheus than the Gods of Olympus.

Illmatix

Isn't Prometheus a really strong Titan/the god of fire himself?
yea but to me he just represents humanity, being the creator of humans and the stealer of fire. For some reason i just look at batman that way. he took the human race as far as it could go, whilst making a sacrifice. Why root for any1 else?

Reedoms

Noob
They did just fine without him after Final Crisis.

true the spectre would've torn him to shreds especially after he stole his infinite power and went on a joyride but thats a Spectre inconsistency more than it is batman
Well, the one you mentioned was when Hal was Spectre who was more on the route of Redemption than Vengeance so I can see Hal not wanting to kill him. The power Joker stole was the personality of Parallax and it really baffles me how he didn't get killed by one of the other members of Heaven like Michael or something. I mean shit, he was supposed to die of cancer but getting that power cured it.

Roachthroat

They did just fine without him after Final Crisis.

Well, the one you mentioned was when Hal was Spectre who was more on the route of Redemption than Vengeance so I can see Hal not wanting to kill him. The power Joker stole was the personality of Parallax and it really baffles me how he didn't get killed by one of the other members of Heaven like Michael or something. I mean shit, he was supposed to die of cancer but getting that power cured it.
no i know what im talking about the joker does embody the spectre I'm a spectre purist ill find the issue now and get back too you
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Spectre_Vol_3_51

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Supes got his shit pushed in by Batman when he had the time to prepare to fight him in Dark Knight Returns. Bruce is just too smart for them. He knows their weaknesses and has the means to capitalize on them. With enough time to make an insane plan, maybe Bats could take out the Justice League, but he would most likely need help.

That being said this comic makes no sense, JLA would ruin his shit if he just ran up on them, even without Superman.

Roachthroat

Supes got his shit pushed in by Batman when he had the time to prepare to fight him in Dark Knight Returns. Bruce is just too smart for them. He knows their weaknesses and has the means to capitalize on them. With enough time to make an insane plan, maybe Bats could take out the Justice League, but he would most likely need help.

That being said this comic makes no sense, JLA would ruin his shit if he just ran up on them, even without Superman.
thats not the JLA

Illmatix

plus in both universes of injustice, batman is a force of incorruptible good, we can't say that about the other "meta-humans" can we? Don't give me this, "Superman went insane..." business. Batman has been bat-shit crazy, since he was a kid. what does that say about his willpower? sounds superhuman to me. Batman is a black sheep who does his own thing, the right thing no matter what. The other super heroes are just part of the herd....

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Also the JL needs him as an ambassador for the human race. with out all the regular guys in the JL im pretty sure people wouldn't feel secure.

I agree with you up until this part. Batman is not a people person so he is a terrible ambassador. I remember in JLI they made Martian Manhunter, the freaking alien, the leader and face of the League because people trusted him the most and Batman doesn't want the limelight. And if Bruce want's to try to help the whole world as Batman he really does need the league.

Don't take this as bashing though. I don't really care about Batman usually but I like him a lot on Justice League because he brings something else to the table and is a nice contrasting personality to other members. He's earned his spot but that still doesn't excuse some of the ridiculous BS he's pulled off sometimes.

Or when he convinced the Spectre not to kill Joker by saying he was 'too insane' as if that meant anything.
We need to make a game out of this. Everybody get in on the fun! List some of your favorite Batman bull-crap moments!

Reedoms

Noob
Supes got his shit pushed in by Batman when he had the time to prepare to fight him in Dark Knight Returns.
Isn't that the same fight where Bruce had to assume that Superman wouldn't slap his shit inside out and had to get a kryptonite arrow and a nuke shoved up his ass and still didn't do anything other than punch him a few times before having a heart attack?

Superman wasn't trying to kill him. He respected Batman. He was just trying to take him in. Batman wasn't holding back and had to use help from Green Arrow with kryptonite. Superman (not trying to hurt Batman that badly) took a few bad hits, but he still came out of the fight in decent condition. Batman, even with Arrow's help, had a heart attack.

Superman still beats Batman.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Dark Knight Returns is a terrible example in support of Batman's abilities. Even if it wasn't canon, it's a great example of how prep time can only go so far when you're opponent has super powers. "He can beat anybody with enough prep time!". Bull. He, with help mind you, was barely able to keep up with a Superman who was holding back the whole time and the plan banked on Supes holding back. Not a good plan if you ask me.

webreg

Noob
So the flash eats at super speed? Well, gravity, mass and acceleration are bitches. If he lifts his fork to his mouth at that speed the pie piece would keep its peak acceleration and trajectory. If observed with super speed it would look like the pie piece would be floating upwards. So he would need to change his fork position around the piece and change its trajectory into his mouth. Even if he makes a round movement with the piece then he would need to deaccelerate it or it would kill him by bursting out of the back of his head. Due to the massive speed the piece would change its mass. It would actually take super-strength to do this which flash has not so he would obviously kill himself by eating pie at super-speed. So I guess the second picture is significantly more stupid than Batman defeating the league. Just saying.

So the flash eats at super speed? Well, gravity, mass and acceleration is a bitch. If he lifts his fork to his mouth at that speed the pie piece would keep its peak acceleration and trajectory. If observed with super speed it would look like the pie piece would be floating upwards. So he would need to change his fork position around the piece and change its trajectory into his mouth. He would also need to deaccelerate it or it would kill him by bursting out of the back of his head. Due to the massive speed the piece would change its mass. It would actually take super-strength to do this which flash has not so he would obviously kill himself by eating pie at super-speed. So I guess the second picture is significantly more stupid than Batman defeating the league. Just saying.
Flash runs at super speed, Would that not kill him? He has some way to compensate and therefore live at high speeds.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
So the flash eats at super speed? Well, gravity, mass and acceleration is a bitch. If he lifts his fork to his mouth at that speed the pie piece would keep its peak acceleration and trajectory. If observed with super speed it would look like the pie piece would be floating upwards. So he would need to change his fork position around the piece and change its trajectory into his mouth. He would also need to deaccelerate it or it would kill him by bursting out of the back of his head. Due to the massive speed the piece would change its mass. It would actually take super-strength to do this which flash has not so he would obviously kill himself by eating pie at super-speed. So I guess the second picture is significantly more stupid than Batman defeating the league. Just saying.
Thanks for applying your real world science to the comic world!

webreg

Noob
Flash runs at super speed, Would that not kill him? He has some way to compensate and therefore live at high speeds.
Well, there are a ton of problems and lots of people were always arguing about it (for whatever reason) so DC decided to make it simple and gave another explanation. "space magic". Oh sorry, they call it "speed force". Same principle.

webreg

Noob
Thanks for applying your real world science to the comic world!
You are most welcome.

My point as one of argumentative logic though and not science. Person A posts two pictures. Picture A shows a comic book character defeating seemingly impossible odds. Picture B shows one of those defeated characters in a situation that is equally impossible. Therefore Picture A can not be criticized by the evidence that is picture B. If picture B is explained by space magic then so is picture A.