What's new

Strategy Probly the most balanced solution to armor

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I couldn't agree more, Tom. I mean, Sub is so, so, so strong against melee characters such as Striker, Johnny Cage, Jax, Sonya, Liu Kang, the list goes on.

Of course there's some matches that are pretty tough to win such as the recent Kenshi, Ermac, Kabal, etc. Teleporters/Zonners in general.

But I share the same opinion. I see no reason why give armor to Sub-Zero. In matter of fact, Sub-Zero is one of the few character of this game that I consider to be balanced. I wouldn't change one thing about him and that's coming from someone who actually mains Sub-Zero, unlike most of the players around that cry all day long saying that Sub-Zero desperately need buffs.
Adding projectile armour to ex iceball would do hardly anything against the first group you mentioned. It would just even the field against the second pairing who like to zone too much.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Adding projectile armour to ex iceball would do hardly anything against the first group you mentioned. It would just even the field against the second pairing who like to zone too much.
Then Sub can ex Freeze on reaction... which makes him broken. You can't just think about his tougher matchups. EX Freeze against those 3... kenshi, ermac and kabal... would turn the scales by alot. As soon as I see a groundblade/gas or tkp/tkl and any of kenshi's stuff... I ex freeze... eat some damage and give a 30+ combo. how is that fair?

He is fine. He has to work in his tough matchups and dominates others. thats just how things work.
The OP seems to not understand how some kharacters play. Most of the EX moves he has trouble with are blockable and punishable. High level... Johnny Cage has almost 0 chance of beating Sub Zero. With the Armor move he has a chance to get inside and turn the tide. Without he is at the mercy of Sub. NW is diff... I didn't agree with armor.

So let's look at it the other way around...

do you think having EX ice clone breaking armored charges being overpowered against matchs where there were once no armored moves? Would it changed the match up?

Depending on how this is answered, for instance if adding this feature does not impact how tournament players play since it is so easy to read, ex clone would then not be used. Would it not then be a feature that would help the weaker players?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So let's look at it the other way around...

do you think having EX ice clone breaking armored charges being overpowered against matchs where there were once no armored moves? Would it changed the match up?

Depending on how this is answered, for instance if adding this feature does not impact how tournament players play since it is so easy to read, ex clone would then not be used. Would it not then be a feature that would help the weaker players?
To clarify, you want EX Clone to cancel out the armor and do what it normally would do. If Cage ex Shadow Kicks and it runs into an EX clone.... you want the freeze as if both moves were normal.
That would be quite unique. I used JC because he is just a nightmare to get away from once he is on you. He only needs that one time. I dunno. This would also apply to Kung's ex spin as well.
It is an interesting idea. I say i'd accept it until proven its a broken thing.

Kwon

---->----
Interesting idea actually, if EX-moves with armor breaks through the normal Clone, but not the Ex-Clone, then i am certain EX-Clone would be used much more.

But i'd rather see a quicker startup on the puddle, if something needs to be buffed. :D

If ANYTHING needs improvement it's the near useless puddle-move.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
The only thing an ex ice clone that breaks armoured attacks would do is increase Sub's corner rape in certain matchups which I am just not sure is necessary in the matchups where somebody could armour through a normal clone, anyway. It would only become a part of Sub's game as a lockdown tool in the corner because nobody is going to armour into something they know their armoured move can't go through. All you've done, outside of the corner, is use meter to deter an armour attack for a few more seconds. To be honest, it wouldn't even be that good in the corner, because once you have your opponent in the corner and you have enough meter, you're fishing for that Xray combo, anyway.

So no to ex clone.

Kwon

---->----
It seems apparent that with the introduction of armor Sub is no longer what he once was.

He is still good but I find he is now a typewriter fighting blue tooth wireless sun charged keyboards.

How can Sub be brought to their level without making him a demi god?

Ex Ice Clone freezes armor moves.

I think this is a safe bet to make Sub able to be Sub again without making him requiring armor to get in. Instead, this tweak would simply allow him to be himself but at the cost of meter to cancel others meter charge moves.
If you havent seen it yet, watch this one Noobharvester!

Tom Brady explains

Your part begins in around 27 minutes in, Tom loved your typewriter_ blue-tooth analogy lol
http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/289790295

If you havent seen it yet, watch this one Noobharvester!

Tom Brady explains

Your part begins in around 27 minutes in, Tom loved your typewriter_ blue-tooth analogy lol
http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/289790295
LOL so bad

He really cleared things up and I see now how I was using it wrong. He also cleared up the ice ball issue and I've been using it to good effect. Now that I'm using clone in a smarter way, what I have difficulty with is setting it up the right way. If I can make his show tomorrow I will ask him to see what kind of advice he has on this.