What's new

Problem with variations and playing locally

Gamer68

Fujin!

"However, you’ll still be able to take your custom character’s look online, and will be able to use augments that don’t affect gameplay (such as those that provide bonus experience for going on win streaks), giving hardcore players a reason to edit characters to give them that extra flair."

Like I said, I'm sure this is unintended and will be fixed quickly. Worst case scenario, we have to play without competitive mode turned on until it's fixed.

I just tried ranked aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... it's the same as tournament mode. You can't customize anything

You are forced to use default costumes in ranked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is really dumb. I was fine using stock abilities, but I thought I could still customize the look.

I was really hoping to take this game seriously in ranked, but now I barely feel like touching the mode, and unfortunately, I don’t see me playing this game for very long. This sucks.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I just tried ranked aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... it's the same as tournament mode. You can't customize anything

That sucks lol. Kasual customs bro, join usss. You will be better by facing against crazier matchups anyways. Or is that not how it works lol?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Glad there's a thread for this coz I got super butthurt when my friends came over and all the cool loadouts I made were on player 1 side only.
Had to go tourney mode which is honestly the shittiest possible combinations you can make for almost all the characters.
The randomizer making everyone ugly doesn't help either.

Hearing it's like that in ranked too means it's definitely something they'll change, this will make people not care about their grindy ass Krypt and will make people lose interest in the customization and maybe the game itself.

Like for real if I have to play Jacqui in her ugly default I'm never touching ranked lol.

Glad there's a thread for this coz I got super butthurt when my friends came over and all the cool loadouts I made were on player 1 side only.
Had to go tourney mode which is honestly the shittiest possible combinations you can make for almost all the characters.
The randomizer making everyone ugly doesn't help either.

Hearing it's like that in ranked too means it's definitely something they'll change, this will make people not care about their grindy ass Krypt and will make people lose interest in the customization and maybe the game itself.

Like for real if I have to play Jacqui in her ugly default I'm never touching ranked lol.
Seriously what the fuck?? NRS doesn’t realize that cause of the tournament default variations they are holding people back from how they really want to play. It’s one thing if it was only offline two player but ranked is affected by it too? Unacceptable

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Yeah I’m not even gonna touch ranked. It completely kills the new customization aspects... which is the biggest new draw for the game.... sooooo no thanks. I’ll be using my custom variations, with my unfortunately not-so-custom looks (thanks grind... ugh).

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
in local vs does it give player 2 the option if signing in with their own profile and using their own unlocked stuff??

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter

nonononono dress up is incredibly important, you can't offer dressup then not let me be able to dressup in ranked.

@16 Bit send the message on up to whoever needs it or something this cannot be allowed to stand

nonononono dress up is incredibly important, you can't offer dressup then not let me be able to dressup in ranked.

@16 Bit send the message on up to whoever needs it or something this cannot be allowed to stand
I agree. It feels like we took an incredible step back going from 3 variations that you could change the skin of to 2 variations that you can’t.

skater11

The saltiest
Soo just play non ranked for now and enjoy customizing your character, while practicing with a tournament legal preset.

Soo just play non ranked for now and enjoy customizing your character, while practicing with a tournament legal preset.
But we’re supposedly getting a proper, tiered ranking system in this game, which personally, is a big motivation for me to play the game. It kept me coming back to SFV for 2 years and I didn’t even love its gameplay.

Ideally, they just open it up so we can at least change our skins and gear. Otherwise, I don’t see me touching the Krypt or towers of time.

skater11

The saltiest
But we’re supposedly getting a proper, tiered ranking system in this game, which personally, is a big motivation for me to play the game. It kept me coming back to SFV for 2 years and I didn’t even love its gameplay.

Ideally, they just open it up so we can at least change our skins and gear. Otherwise, I don’t see me touching the Krypt or towers of time.
Honestly, it makes sense why they made it the way it is. though, they could have went the injustice 2 route and made skins and gear randomized so that in tournaments we get to see many different combinations of skins and gear. I do agree that one wants to use what they want to be seen with(customization), but in tournament mode people shouldn't be touching any of that customization and play solely for the game's competitive side.

Honestly, it makes sense why they made it the way it is. though, they could have went the injustice 2 route and made skins and gear randomized so that in tournaments we get to see many different combinations of skins and gear. I do agree that one wants to use what they want to be seen with(customization), but in tournament mode people shouldn't be touching any of that customization and play solely for the game's competitive side.
I agree with this for tournaments but not ranked; let me grind away and make my ideal character. I’d be a lot more invested in the game if that was the case.

th
If it's the same as in Injustice 2 it won't be good. Was forced to play tournament mode with random gear with all my friends who came over. The alternative would be "look at all these cool skins I have and you don't". Thankfully MK11 has no levels so that's one less problem.
i think i saw an option to turn off gear randomization in TM in the options i think

skater11

The saltiest
I agree with this for tournaments but not ranked; let me grind away and make my ideal character. I’d be a lot more invested in the game if that was the case.
I agree too, you should be able to create a "loadout" and search matches with your own preferred set of skins, gear, and variation. searching while playing around in training mode would be awesome too.

NRS doenst care about it.
some of their discord guys said its intended and not planned yet

yet another time NRS lied about stuff

I’m hearing there is a day one patch that might fix this. The day zero patch is different.
no it did not. there is a 2,3gig patch which i had to download 2 days ago..

That day 1 patch better be something or nrs done fucked us again. All that vague bullshit about customs up to release and then there's a chance after release there will be even more confusing and vague bullshit. Come on nrs

That day 1 patch better be something or nrs done fucked us again. All that vague bullshit about customs up to release and then there's a chance after release there will be even more confusing and vague bullshit. Come on nrs
there was already a 2gb patch 2 days ago so.. day 1 patch did nothing