What's new

Price Levels for MK9 Kollector's and Tournament Editions (Official)

Pistol

Noob
-As far as I know, aren't the official and some off-brand PS3 controllers the only ones compatible with PSOne games? If that's the case, I don't think the TE stick will work for that, but there is Trilogy for the PC, so yeah
HRAP3 works with PSX and PS2 (if your PS3 plays them)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Since I'll be buying both the KE and TE, one MK9 copy will be for personal use and the other for backup/tournaments.

Tim Static

Adminerator
On the MK9 KE's:

That version features fancy packaging that holds "kollectible figurines" of Scorpion and Sub-Zero that double as video game bookends. Your $99.99 USD also gets you an Art of Mortal Kombat book and a few decorative digital bonuses.
Sexy.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
My girlfriend was being a sweetheart today and informed me she was gonna preorder the Kollectors edition for me at Best Buy. Since my birthday is April 18th she said it would be my bday present.

I love her

Graveyard

Superb
You guys are fast, the gamestop in Santa Fe is defiantly going to have a hard time selling the kollectors and tournament edition. I would not be surprised If I was the only person to buy a TE in my entire city.

Graveyard

Superb
I have a question... If there is no run function, what the is the use of the thumb button? It seems that there is something I am missing because I thought this game played on a 5 button layout (fk bk fp bp block)...
It it going to be for assists? Throws? What?

BecomingDeath13

Well you can hit a button and change your fighters stance. like where is chest is visible then u hit the button and he switches into like south paw with his back visible. Not sure if that will be it, but I'm fairly certain it'll be the tag button in the team matches.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I originally planned to get the Kollector's Edition, but after seeing the fight stick included with the Tournament Edition I'm sorely tempted to change my mind. I doubt I'll ever use the thing, but it's a practical prized possession for us MK fanatics! And it's not like the merchandise offered with the Kollector's Edition succeeded in interesting me. I was hoping a t-shirt based on MK9 would be included in the bonus, but I'm disappointed that it isn't. Damn it!

Of course, I happen to be conservative money-wise, so I'm a little stuck on what to do here. I could go with the Kollector's Edition and save fifty dollars, or go big and get the Tournament Edition so I can stare starry-eyed at the arcade stick, LOL. Hmmmmm...what to do, what to do...

BecomingDeath13

If you aren't gonna use the stick, I'd save the $50 and get the Kollectors Edition. I'm sure if this is a popular as it seems the 20,000 fight stick limit will change and NRS will probably start selling the sticks by themselves and you could scoop one then.

I have to agree 20.000 seems small , thankfully i already paid for mine in full, baste the reactions i've seen in many other MK fan sites, 20.000 just wont cut it

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, Becoming dude...hope you have a back up plan if BB screws the pooch on it(I pre-ordered something once and they messed up, and once they sell out they sell out for weeks sometimes...) so I'd go with amazon or GS if I were you man, you don't want to get screwed with this game lol given your passion for MK I can tell :)

I updated my pre-order few days ago both lol TE and KE...shit, if I can't get a friend to help me with the stuff via a lift, I'm going to need a cab lol.

SZSR

Noob
Yeah, Becoming dude...hope you have a back up plan if BB screws the pooch on it(I pre-ordered something once and they messed up, and once they sell out they sell out for weeks sometimes...) so I'd go with amazon or GS if I were you man, you don't want to get screwed with this game lol given your passion for MK I can tell :)

I updated my pre-order few days ago both lol TE and KE...shit, if I can't get a friend to help me with the stuff via a lift, I'm going to need a cab lol.
You live in New York right? I'm pretty sure you're gonna get mugged. Probably by a Street Fighter or Tekken fan. If I were you, i'd travel in an armored car. :p

MKF30

You live in New York right? I'm pretty sure you're gonna get mugged. Probably by a Street Fighter or Tekken fan. If I were you, i'd travel in an armored car. :p
lol, I do live in NYC but Staten Island, the safest borough with least amount of crime...not harlem or diker heights some place like that man lol.

Besides I've actually bought MK KE and guides etc before in a big GS bad, rode home on buses no problem. I only take one but since there's going to be a stick, sculpture, big boxes, 2 MK games, a guide which I'll also be getting and extras I'm calling a cab lol if I can't get one of my pals to pick me up.

MKF30

Now THAT is a awesome shot/stick!! I so can't wait to get mine lol, April seems like so far away. Nice find Storms!