What's new

Pressure game combo's...

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er
FP = force port
(I honestly don't know why I'm making this...other than me not having class until like 6 today)
3,1 > lift > Jik > FP > 2,2 > TKP
3,1 > lift > nJK > FP > B1,2,F1 > TKP
Advantages:Fast / Cancelable
Disadvantage:Can be hit out of after 3 / no space created on block

B1,1,4
B1,1,4 > Lift > JiK > FP > 2,2 > TKP
Advantages:Most damaging / B1 = anti air/crossup / creates space on block
Disadvantage:Horribly slow startup

F1,1,4
F1,1,4 > FP > 22 > Lift > 22 (or B1,2,F1) > TKP
F1,1,4 > Lift > Jik > FP > 22 > TKP
Adv:Fast / Slightly cancelable @ end of combo / creates space on block / Anti-corner combo (FP one)
Disadv: Less damaging than B1,1,4

B3,4
B3,4 > Lift > JiK > FP > 22 > TKP
B3,4 > FP > 22 > Lift > 22 (or B1,2,F1) > TKP
Adv:Decent recovery / Insanely easy to hit confirm / Anti-corner combo
Disadv: Can be hit out of after B3 or 4

Now, I almost kinda wonder if there's any use for 2,2 or 3,3, because the last 2/3 puts them kinda in a stagger state

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
FP = force port
(I honestly don't know why I'm making this...other than me not having class until like 6 today)

B1,1,4

F1,1,4
Adv:Fast / Slightly cancelable @ end of combo / creates space on block / Anti-corner combo (FP one)

B3,4

Now, I almost kinda wonder if there's any use for 2,2 or 3,3, because the last 2/3 puts them kinda in a stagger state
Could you make a video on these pressure tactics? ;)

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
FP = force port

B1,1,4

F1,1,4

B3,4

You could add 1,2,1 to that since it has a slight pushback also it staggers a bit when it connects

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Huge disadv's of f11_b34 are that on block you can crouch block under f11 (both hits) & second hit of b34 and punish them - as we all know, smart opponent will crouch against Ermac a lot :(
Also, f114 has 18 frame startup, so I wouldn't call it fast.

Ermaculate_Slim

Huge disadv's of f11_b34 are that on block you can crouch block under f11 (both hits) & second hit of b34 and punish them - as we all know, smart opponent will crouch against Ermac a lot :(
yea and u4 so damn slow they'll see it coming

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
FP = force port

B1,1,4

F1,1,4

B3,4

I'll have to test this a little more because I've never really used it outside of a juggle but I believe 2,2 on block is safe. It does knockback like a sheeva fireball...sorta like breaking guard for a second so they can't mash out a move. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Killphil

Also, f114 has 18 frame startup, so I wouldn't call it fast.
Yes Ermac's biggest problem is dealing with crouch blocking. As it stands, he has a grab(which everyone else does), a jip(again, everyone has that), and his so-slow-its-almost-silly overhead. Now it has its uses. It's a hopping attack(i.e. negates slides,elbow dash at least), and it will catch people as they're getting up a lot. That being said, someone can just jump over you and then its SHIT, BITCH,FUCKIN' ASS, and BLAT BLAT for Ermac.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Dont use B34 ever. EVER. Probably the most unsafe move in the game. Was playing against Nivek one time and i crossed up him and did B34 to test the move. He blocked B3 and while 4 he X-RAYed me to death. Worthless move. 22 is safe on block cause it knock backs the opponent quite far. Dunno if fast specials can punish it though although i dont think so. But both hits are high so.... B114 is very good move cause of the chip dmg it does too (6% on block). 121 is a very good pressure move for Ermac as Slim said correctly. I ve been using it quite alot lately. As said before Ermac's close game isnt that good but it isnt that bad also.

Ermaculate_Slim

Dont use B34 ever. EVER. Probably the most unsafe move in the game. Was playing against Nivek one time and i crossed up him and did B34 to test the move. He blocked B3 and while 4 he X-RAYed me to death. Worthless move. 22 is safe on block cause it knock backs the opponent quite far. Dunno if fast specials can punish it though although i dont think so. But both hits are high so.... B114 is very good move cause of the chip dmg it does too (6% on block). 121 is a very good pressure move for Ermac as Slim said correctly. I ve been using it quite alot lately. As said before Ermac's close game isnt that good but it isnt that bad also.

Only if 1,2,1 was High, low,high that would be so awesome.Thats all i want for christrmas

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Yes Ermac's biggest problem is dealing with crouch blocking. As it stands, he has a grab(which everyone else does), a jip(again, everyone has that), and his so-slow-its-almost-silly overhead. Now it has its uses. It's a hopping attack(i.e. negates slides,elbow dash at least), and it will catch people as they're getting up a lot. That being said, someone can just jump over you and then its SHIT, BITCH,FUCKIN' ASS, and BLAT BLAT for Ermac.
Man you guys are killing me.. U4 is one of the most unused and best parts of ermacs mixup game. If you are pressuring your opponent, especially with his F4 they will be crouching down to block. When you throw that U4 they WILL NOT try to jump away from it! Again this is only if you are pressuring.. If you walk up and jus throw it out there you deserve to be punished. I the U4 is also safe on block, unlike F4. And because it is safe WHY NOT throw it out there? As long as you dont do it haphazardly you will create in your opponents mind a viable decision to where they dont know which way to block. Also if you lead with low pokes into the U4 its alot less telegraphed

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Man you guys are killing me.. U4 is one of the most unused and best parts of ermacs mixup game. If you are pressuring your opponent, especially with his F4 they will be crouching down to block. When you throw that U4 they WILL NOT try to jump away from it! Again this is only if you are pressuring.. If you walk up and jus throw it out there you deserve to be punished. I the U4 is also safe on block, unlike F4. And because it is safe WHY NOT throw it out there? As long as you dont do it haphazardly you will create in your opponents mind a viable decision to where they dont know which way to block. Also if you lead with low pokes into the U4 its alot less telegraphed

True i m not gonna argue with you on that one. I do it all the time. But the move is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

zaf

professor
sorry for my video not being out today. there is still so much i need to test and go over. i want to "re-learn" ermac, if you will.
after posting with krazyie and kamikazie, i realize they both play more of a "rushdown" ermac. Not to say this is the best/worst way to play him, but they were both right in saying that you are definitely leaving a lot of his aspects out by being a purist in terms of turtling. Sure against some chars you can zone them and this is most likely the best way to fight them ( cage comes to mind). But like both players said, you can confuse the hell out of your opponent with his block strings. With all the confusion in their head, its so much easier to get tks lifts. however, if i can beat someone who gets hit by every tkp, then i will continue to do this. If it is working, then dont fix it.

Now myself i play ermac half/half. zoning and "countering". Its more of harassment and confusion. I harass people at sweep range with pokes and dashes and bait movements.
I now want to solely focus on this style of play for the next week or so. Completely forget his fireballs and tkp.
I want to incorporate more block strings and traps.

I started this last night and all i have to say is that please everyone use f2. There are situations where this is amazing. I got the idea from the two players i mentioned, to be even more confusing. Here is an example of what i did last night playing some friends.
hit with a d4 to space, did a f2 right after since they were still blocking, and blocking low now at that. (d4 sets up the spacing for f2 really well). After the f2 i noticed the opponent crossed me up. SOOO the next time i did a f2 i just did lift right after and got the read.
F2 does give advantage so i was safe to tks. I think this sort of confusion is what kami and krazyie mentioned. Find the strats that allow ermac to apply pressure and get really good reads off. Off that f2 into tks i got a f4 reset at the end right back into pressure. I dashed up to the guy and did a d1, u4. He blocked low and then got hit by the high. the next matches i played against different people, i started to try doing tks after the first initial f2. It was working when i did do this because it seems like a general idea to attack or counter ermac after f2. I dont know, is it because it looks slow, is the move that deceiving? Regardless playing him in a different mind set really allowed me to see a lot of his options and this will allow me to further explore ermac. I want to make my video more surrounded around pressure tactics like this. All based off of deception. Once an opponent knows they will eat a tks after a f2 if they move, they will respect it and wait for it, but instead you start another block string. It really is endless what you can set up your opponent into because of the fear of tk moves.

what i need to work on as well, is to learn when too much pressure is enough. I find myself sometimes pressuring a lot and going for grabs and eating a stupid armored special. I feel these armored moves are stupid. Feels like shoryuken fadc in sf4. You dont know how to get out so there is this safety net there. I know that if i am pressuring and going for shit that i should expect an armored move from certain characters, but to fully fuck with their head and get a good read only to get hit by armored moves pisses me off.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I've learned to finish a blocked B114 with fireball after watching Mike's Ermac. B114 recovers quickly enough, but the fireball recovers as fast, if not faster and adds a little extra chip.

zaf

professor
generally a fireball isn't safe on block. i've tried it with 3,1.
Does this blockstring create added hitstun that does make this safe?

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er
Alright so B3,4 is unsafe mid-combo. What about just B3? And if you can hit after 3 in 3,1,2, what about just pressuring with 3?

Killphil

Yea I'm talking from experience here. If I start low poking someone they either mash out a special(which the time it takes to do u4 gives), or jump over/jump back. I don't understand how a move that is so easy to react to is one of Ermac's best mixup options. Sure its safe, but now I'm back to square one when it gets blocked. Speaking of, the move doesn't lead to anything and once your opponent sees it once they get smart. People jump over a lot more than you say they will. Most characters want to keep ermac in, not out. Now if you could do something like a 1,2,1 into U4 or something relatively fast, then maybe people wouldn't comment on how slow the move is. It doesn't need to combo, take reptile. My friend always, ALWAYS does the 3,2,1 (or 3,1,2..haven't played rep in a year and a day) and then finishes with the acid hand/slide. I get to guess what he's going to do because the acid hand actually looks like its linking to the end of the string(its not though). Thats just an example..if Ermac can do something like that.....

Hey [MENTION=3024]zaf[/MENTION] could you try doing any one of Ermac's strings and seeing how long it would take to follow up with f4? Also maybe d4 and then u4 could be viable? I'll check the timing later on these.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Yea I'm talking from experience here. If I start low poking someone they either mash out a special(which the time it takes to do u4 gives), or jump over/jump back. I don't understand how a move that is so easy to react to is one of Ermac's best mixup options. Sure its safe, but now I'm back to square one when it gets blocked. Speaking of, the move doesn't lead to anything and once your opponent sees it once they get smart. People jump over a lot more than you say they will. Most characters want to keep ermac in, not out. Now if you could do something like a 1,2,1 into U4 or something relatively fast, then maybe people wouldn't comment on how slow the move is. It doesn't need to combo, take reptile. My friend always, ALWAYS does the 3,2,1 (or 3,1,2..haven't played rep in a year and a day) and then finishes with the acid hand/slide. I get to guess what he's going to do because the acid hand actually looks like its linking to the end of the string(its not though). Thats just an example..if Ermac can do something like that.....

Hey [MENTION=3024]zaf[/MENTION] could you try doing any one of Ermac's strings and seeing how long it would take to follow up with f4? Also maybe d4 and then u4 could be viable? I'll check the timing later on these.
Cuzzo speaking from experience too. From high level play. If they are sitting on crouch block, like most opponents will because of his lack of many overheads, u4 is super useful. Aftee a jump in punch throw a u4. After an f4 THROW a u4. And why do u do it? Because you are setting them up for the much more viable mixup f4. Thats why you use u4 to open them up

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I have found only one use for B3. Corner combo : jp B114 lift B12F1x3 B3 X-RAY. But it requires very strict timing and generally is very unsafe but worth the X-RAY if you manage to pull it off. Ermac has some combos with B34 but they are useless cause they dont do any dmg at all. Overall its a useless move entirely.