What's new

Predict the MK 11 Metacritic Score

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I think this is the most unfair score I've ever seen in a video game.
Me too. As much as I despise their approach of having that much grinding, I love this game. Not as balanced as it should have been and very little choice with variations but overall it’s a solid 9/10 for me. Story sucks ass though

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
For the same reason men are topless in summer beaches while women wear bikinis. Western society (thanks to Christianism) has trained the human mind to believe that needless exposure of female skin is a sin, it's provocative and must be prevented (same goes for Muslims - which makes sense since their religion began as a spin-off of the Hebrew God) . As a result, anyone who uses constant exposure of female skin is not taken seriously by people who agree with those standards of western society and is shunned. So if you want to blame someone, blame the Catholic and Orthodox Christian churches as well as the Κoran. Not NRS for becoming less rebellious and being told by Warner to 'mature' their art style in order not to be ridiculed by critics like they do with the DoA devs.

As for those complaints of MK and all 'SJW boot licking games', ask yourself this: If Ed Boon came out today and said on twitter that NRS will never put another gay male character into an MK game, do you think anyone here on these forums would bat an eye or go apeshit about 'NRS supporting alt-right attitude', 'freedom of expression' and the like? No. Because straight males don't want and don't care about gay males. But straight males do care about titilation, so when NRS cock-blocks them by removing stripper Sonya, they lose their minds. The argument that some posters here or on GAF make about freedom of expression is laughable, because they don't really care about freedom of expression. They care about the MK series keep catering to their eye-candy needs.

There's a double standard, alright. Just not the one you say (or the one they publicly stated). It was never about realism. It was about NRS wanting to be taken more seriously - or WB ordering NRS to be more 'respectful' towards the Western standards of the female body because NRS attitude now reflects upon WB.
I'm sorry thats just addressing an extreme view point thats not even in this thread and represents about 2% of the fan base max in order to try and make an argument for the other side.

Who's asking for women in bikinis? The vast vast majority want variety in womens clothing to match the mens that is all. Maybe at a most extreme some of the clothes an MMA fighter would use etc.. just like alot of the men in this game have.

The games industry was fast maturing in terms of sexuality to match other entertainment mediums. If WBs attitude is to shun even moderate sexuality but revel in hyper violence they are the ones who can do one, not the fans. MKX matured in clothing in a reasonable way and the outcry was nothing like this has been.

Comparing people asking for equality in clothing to saying they would be fine if Ed said "no gay characters in a mk game ever" or having hidden values they dont say publically is just absurd and again maybe addressing 1% of the user base to avoid a reasonable debate. Forced incllusion is bad, but anything else is fine to most reasonable people.

Player choice is a good thing. Equality is a good thing. If we can handle crazy intense violence, we can handle a wardrobe that is as varied as most peoples at home.

On another note i think 83 is an amazing score for a game this heavy on monitization of its user base. The hard work done by NRS in other areas completley shines through.

LeoNatan

Noob
For the same reason men are topless in summer beaches while women wear bikinis. Western society (thanks to Christianism) has trained the human mind to believe that needless exposure of female skin is a sin, it's provocative and must be prevented (same goes for Muslims - which makes sense since their religion began as a spin-off of the Hebrew God) . As a result, anyone who uses constant exposure of female skin is not taken seriously by people who agree with those standards of western society and is shunned. So if you want to blame someone, blame the Catholic and Orthodox Christian churches as well as the Κoran. Not NRS for becoming less rebellious and being told by Warner to 'mature' their art style in order not to be ridiculed by critics like they do with the DoA devs.

As for those complaints of MK and all 'SJW boot licking games', ask yourself this: If Ed Boon came out today and said on twitter that NRS will never put another gay male character into an MK game, do you think anyone here on these forums would bat an eye or go apeshit about 'NRS supporting alt-right attitude', 'freedom of expression' and the like? No. Because straight males don't want and don't care about gay males. But straight males do care about titilation, so when NRS cock-blocks them by removing stripper Sonya, they lose their minds. The argument that some posters here or on GAF make about freedom of expression is laughable, because they don't really care about freedom of expression. They care about the MK series keep catering to their eye-candy needs.

There's a double standard, alright. Just not the one you say (or the one they publicly stated). It was never about realism. It was about NRS wanting to be taken more seriously - or WB ordering NRS to be more 'respectful' towards the Western standards of the female body because NRS attitude now reflects upon WB.
You are conflating several issues.

I agree about the church. But the point of the original feminist movements was to take control from the church and the men there, and give it fully to the women. If a woman wants to wear revealing clothing, it should not be seen wrong in society. If you think about it, this was successful. Women wear revealing clothing in society today, and no one bats an eye. Not really. At least not in modern environments. What later day feminism has done is regress on this. Now women are starting to feel embarrassed to wear revealing clothes, not because of men, but because of idiots that use terms such as "slut shaming".

Regarding gay characters, and I can only speak for myself, I really don't care about the sexual preferences of characters. One of the characters was gay in MKX, but it was done right. He wasn't defined by being gay, he was just a gay character. If NRS was to add a character that sole purpose was to state it's gay, I'd be annoyed. As I would be annoyed if someone was to state their straight. In a fighting game, all I care about are interesting characters with colorful backgrounds, and being gay, straight, black, white, feminist and whatever identity politicians see very important these days does not make a character interesting. If NRS was to state it's not doing more gay characters, I would be annoyed, because it would be identity politics.

It would be naive to think that the idiots that cry about "sjw" and "woke" only care about real feminism or interesting characters. But I can only speak for myself. Even if they are idiots, on this issue, I feel like they are more right than wrong. This is cynical "SJWism", in all of its bad connotations, where NRS are exploiting this movement to appear more "woke", so that it can wink to the identity politics crowd. NRS is not winking to western standards at all, it's winking to retarded twitter caricature standards, where some idiot with an anime avatar sees titties larger than their own and starts a meltdown hysteria how gamers are sexists.