What's new

Video/Tutorial - Predator Predator Kombat Kast Has Concluded! Gameplay Trailer Released

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I thought they all had the jumping overhead launcher.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@GGA 16 Bit I'm so using the zoning variation, IMO this game does not favor zoning so I'll be using that to try to keep people far!

Great show, very excited for Tremor next!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Warrior has rushdown tools with a overhead smack which mb is a launcher and a mid armor launcher which he do close, mid, far ( not the grab) and the unblockable self destruct, His qu ten Has the low plasma canon(s) to zone and a low laser which he can Hold and aim Up down or mid (probably dash cancelable). Hunter has a futuristic Ice clone Lol with a mine which he can lay close , far, mid and he can throw it in the air too AND he can detonate it anytime , he can heal him self with a syringe. The claoke, Air blades are universal, hes cloake is different than reptiles : it doesnt go away on hit or block normal cloake eas less chip damage and last for 8 sec MB he eats NO CHIP damage at and last for 16 secs.
Are you sure the explosion is unblockable. Could've sworn jax blocked it when they were just showing off Predator.

Poor reptile he has an entire variation dedicated to invisibility and hes not even the best at it
That's the way it works it seems. First ALL tanyas beat Displacer Raiden and now ALL Predators beat Deceptive Reptile. That MKx power creep too real.

WHEN IS PC GONNA CATCH UP!!!????!!

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
thank god he only has oh as a combo starter in one variation, 50/50 characters are so boring and braindead

now we gotta work on our spacing and learn how to open people up in hunter and hish qu ten!

for yall thinking the self destruct is not unblockable it hits twice mid then unblockable. First the shockwave which is mid then the Blue sphere :

The pushback of the shockwave pushed jax out of the unblockable range.

The first mid was from a punch.

E

Eldriken

Are you sure the explosion is unblockable. Could've sworn jax blocked it when they were just showing off Predator.

That's the way it works it seems. First ALL tanyas beat Displacer Raiden and now ALL Predators beat Deceptive Reptile. That MKx power creep too real.

WHEN IS PC GONNA CATCH UP!!!????!!
We're pretty sure. They even talked about how funny it's gonna be seeing people scramble to stay away from you when they're low on health and you activate it.

You can always hit him out of it, but most of the time, in those situations, people get more defensive than offensive.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
We're pretty sure. They even talked about how funny it's gonna be seeing people scramble to stay away from you when they're low on health and you activate it.

You can always hit him out of it, but most of the time, in those situations, people get more defensive than offensive.
Yeah but I feel like if it was ublockable they would've demonstrated that. I think they talk about things like that it's more from a casual perspective because even average players would see times to actually go on the offense to shut it down completely. They talked the same about Jason's pursuit mode and stfuf. I would initially be defensive if I didn't know any better, if Predator could turn any hit or throw into some nice damage.

for yall thinking the self destruct is not unblockable it hits twice mid then unblockable. First the shockwave which is mid then the Blue sphere :

The pushback of the shockwave pushed jax out of the unblockable range.

The first mid was from a punch.
I checked the archive and now I'm not too sure but I'm more inclined to believe "unblockable" just referred to self inflicted damage. At 20:30 in the archive Predator only hits himself and it still says "unblockable".

Sorry I'm not trying to argue or anything. Just really interested in Predator.

MK Donny

Noob
I missed the kast and I can't watch it on my phone right now. :( Which variation seems the best based on what you guys saw? What are the strengths of each?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Seems like they learned their lesson with Cyrax, it's almost like being able to place several unblockable projectiles that stay out regardless if you're hit or block that can go into 50% + combos is not a great idea. Although I would argue the issue was with the damage and not so much the grenades themselves. Hope there's some setups for Predators blades and traps. Really only thing keeping me interested.

E

Eldriken

Yeah but I feel like if it was ublockable they would've demonstrated that. I think they talk about things like that it's more from a casual perspective because even average players would see times to actually go on the offense to shut it down completely. They talked the same about Jason's pursuit mode and stfuf. I would initially be defensive if I didn't know any better, if Predator could turn any hit or throw into some nice damage.

I checked the archive and now I'm not too sure but I'm more inclined to believe "unblockable" just referred to self inflicted damage. At 20:30 in the archive Predator only hits himself and it still says "unblockable".

They did demonstrate it as being unblockable. I believe they even said it was. What purpose would it serve to use it if they could just block it? :confused:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
uh pretty damned sure the "unblockable" you see is the damage Predator takes from the blast.

what did you seriously think he would self detonate without taking damage? are you crazy?

E

Eldriken

uh pretty damned sure the "unblockable" you see is the damage Predator takes from the blast.

what did you seriously think he would self detonate without taking damage? are you crazy?
Who exactly said that he doesn't take damage from it? Common sense would indicate that blowing yourself up is gonna cause damage...

The unblockable damage predator inflicts on himself is the same he inflicts on you, they talked about how it would be interesting to see ppl running away not to get hit in tournaments.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Seems like they learned their lesson with Cyrax, it's almost like being able to place several unblockable projectiles that stay out regardless if you're hit or block that can go into 50% + combos is not a great idea. Although I would argue the issue was with the damage and not so much the grenades themselves. Hope there's some setups for Predators blades and traps. Really only thing keeping me interested.
@Predannok summed it up nicely.

"Warrior has rushdown tools with a overhead smack which mb is a launcher and a mid armor launcher which he do close, mid, far ( not the grab) and the unblockable self destruct, His qu ten Has the low plasma canon(s) to zone and a low laser which he can Hold and aim Up down or mid (probably dash cancelable). Hunter has a futuristic Ice clone Lol with a mine which he can lay close , far, mid and he can throw it in the air too AND he can detonate it anytime , he can heal him self with a syringe. The claoke, Air blades are universal, hes cloake is different than reptiles : it doesnt go away on hit or block normal cloake eas less chip damage and last for 8 sec MB he eats NO CHIP damage at and last for 16 secs."

They did demonstrate it as being unblockable. I believe they even said it was. What purpose would it serve to use it if they could just block it? :confused:
For damage and combos off of throw. If he has some nice frames on normals he could very well make you scared to press buttons during pressure and it might be safe on block. That already sounds super useful to me even if it wasn't safe. Again, not trying to start an argument just went and checked the archive to make sure and decided to post what I saw. We will have to just wait and see which is the worst part for me. (Can i start calling you Floe Killer)

E

Eldriken

@Predannok summed it up nicely.

"Warrior has rushdown tools with a overhead smack which mb is a launcher and a mid armor launcher which he do close, mid, far ( not the grab) and the unblockable self destruct, His qu ten Has the low plasma canon(s) to zone and a low laser which he can Hold and aim Up down or mid (probably dash cancelable). Hunter has a futuristic Ice clone Lol with a mine which he can lay close , far, mid and he can throw it in the air too AND he can detonate it anytime , he can heal him self with a syringe. The claoke, Air blades are universal, hes cloake is different than reptiles : it doesnt go away on hit or block normal cloake eas less chip damage and last for 8 sec MB he eats NO CHIP damage at and last for 16 secs."

For damage and combos off of throw. If he has some nice frames on normals he could very well make you scared to press buttons during pressure and it might be safe on block. That already sounds super useful to me even if it wasn't safe. Again, not trying to start an argument just went and checked the archive to make sure and decided to post what I saw. We will have to just wait and see which is the worst part for me. (Can i start calling you Floe Killer)
Go for it, lol.

But we will see soon enough. I still say it's unblockable. =P