What's new

General/Other - Jax [Pre-XL] Jax's Updates In The EO Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Sup everyone i figured i would put together a thread about the change we may receive. I also didn't see a thread so it would be nice to see what people have discovered

*Ground Pound*
The ground pound in HW and Wrestler now recovers faster. Much faster. In about 24 or 26 frams. Yay!

*Damage Nerf*
TBH i saw it coming. Damage nerf is 3%-4% So mid screen we get about 30% instead of 33% and in the corner we get about 46% instead of 50% Boo! The damage nerf comes for scaling on OH dash Punch.

TICK THROWS
This seems to be a general buff to the entire game. Command grabs now will connection on hit. What does this mean for jax. F3 Command Grab will now hit on block and on hit. Same with 12U3 Or was it 12D3 i forgot. But anyway its a nice buff for jax and it adds to his stupid shit. YAY! YAY!

Crab Walk
D1D2 is now only -5 on block down from -7. Now lao and cassie cannot punish the move on block. Yay!

OH Nerf
But not the nerf you think it is. People have been complaining about the B2 OS without any knowledge of what removing it would cause. NRS decided to keep the OS in but make the reactable OH -10 on block now. Lets count the punishes. Yay!

If you found out anything else please let me know and i will add it to the list. When the actual patch comes out we can compare and such.

Last edited:
isn't F212 also -5 on block now?

i've heard d12 xx tick throw isn't possible anymore but i never used that anyway and haven't tried it in the beta yet so iono. I also have a corner combo that involves two ohdp's that currently does 50% and does 43% in the beta, so it's pretty obvious ohdp scales the combos. Probably better off doing corner combos that use ex gotcha, or just don't spend meter at all really lol.

freerf245

11 11 11 11

i've heard d12 xx tick throw isn't possible anymore but i never used that anyway and haven't tried it in the beta yet so iono. I also have a corner combo that involves two ohdp's that currently does 50% and does 43% in the beta, so it's pretty obvious ohdp scales the combos. Probably better off doing corner combos that use ex gotcha, or just don't spend meter at all really lol.
F212 has always been -5 I believe. And I don't think d12 was a tick throw. I may be wrong though.

Indecisive

B2 still option selects, but is now -10. I think down from -8.
Thank you for reminding me. I will add it

Can you confirm its -5. That is a change
Dam no more d1d2 tick throw :/. yup yup the OH dash punch got increases scaling

F212 has always been -5 I believe. And I don't think d12 was a tick throw. I may be wrong though.
It was minus 3 or 4
it did tick throw

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah I keep reading about there being hidden consequence of making B2 cancel on block but I've never seen any actual explanation on it. All I know is that it might be made safe in Heavy Weapons with a LAW cancel?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yeah I keep reading about there being hidden consequence of making B2 cancel on block but I've never seen any actual explanation on it. All I know is that it might be made safe in Heavy Weapons with a LAW cancel?
It option selects so I don't think you can cancel into special on block.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
If D1D2 no longer ticks because it's -5 instead of -7 than I'm gonna be annoyed, I really liked that shit for getting opening bar.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If D1D2 no longer ticks because it's -5 instead of -7 than I'm gonna be annoyed, I really liked that shit for getting opening bar.
D1D2 being -5, depending on how they did it, might make something else a thing though...

I'll let you figure it out.

nvm, d12 totally still has tick throw potential sorry guys

i'll test if it jails into stuff like gotcha a bit later/tomorrow

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What are the consequences for removing the B2 OS? Besides Jax not getting the best option on hit and block.

Can people still attack through command grabs? This one I really need to know. I figured it might be hard to find out but if you can try to get someone to coordinate a test.

D1D2 tick still works (mistake on my part :( )
F4 is also a tick on hit
What are the consequences for removing the B2 OS? Besides Jax not getting the best option on hit and block.

Can people still attack through command grabs? This one I really need to know. I figured it might be hard to find out but if you can try to get someone to coordinate a test.
B2 is still an option select, but now has a different block animation. B2 rocket cancel would probably be a plus cancel if the option select was gone. Grab immune will probably still be a thing.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I hope it's understood by everyone that Jax's command grab connects on hit with any string that doesn't launch. Like 123, F21, B3, etc. There seems to be some confusion on that.

Indecisive

You would possibly get jailing strings. Plus law Cancels. You could actually make it safe etc. And now that Command grabs work on it it would be dumb

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You would possibly get jailing strings. Plus law Cancels. You could actually make it safe etc. And now that Command grabs work on it it would be dumb
D1D2 tick still works (mistake on my part :( )
F4 is also a tick on hit

B2 is still an option select, but now has a different block animation. B2 rocket cancel would probably be a plus cancel if the option select was gone. Grab immune will probably still be a thing.
Wouldn't that just be a cancel advantage change? Though wrestler would make out ok I guess, but that'd still be guess work.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
D1D2 being -5, depending on how they did it, might make something else a thing though...

I'll let you figure it out.
Hey STRYKIE im like dumb as fuck, no seriously I'm literally a potato here can you at least drop a hint

Actually don't cause I still won't get it, can you tell me what you referencing tho

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
So basically what you are telling me is he is top 3 now. Got it.

Edit: No seriously if they don't do anymore changes there is literally nothing stopping him from being the best character in the game because everyone else got nerfed. I like the quality of life changes but if they don't nerf his frame data he move to the top.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Wrestler is going to be too fucking good now. First time I have put in serious work towards one of Jax's variations other than Pumped Up.

D1D2 has always ticked somewhat inconsistently. Because Wrestler was never my main thing I never came to understand the conditions under which it ticks vs thosevin which it whiffs, but it was something I had noticed before. Possibly explains the confusion.

Qhris

Noob
D1D2 has always ticked somewhat inconsistently. Because Wrestler was never my main thing I never came to understand the conditions under which it ticks vs thosevin which it whiffs, but it was something I had noticed before. Possibly explains the confusion.
I think it's because when cancelling into quad off of D1 the input is almost like D1xxBF1. That same input doesn't work for D1D2. You have to actually pick your thumb up off of down and do it again as an input for the command grab. Assuming of course your a sane individual who just holds down and presses 1,2.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
So basically what you are telling me is he is top 3 now. Got it.

Edit: No seriously if they don't do anymore changes there is literally nothing stopping him from being the best character in the game because everyone else got nerfed. I like the quality of life changes but if they don't nerf his frame data he move to the top.
I was thinking the same exact thing man. Jax feels like he was untouched for the most part (buffs balanced out the nerfs) while other top tiers got the nerf bat. Some more than others (lol Cassie and Quan). Only thing that will keep him out of top 3 imo is if triborg is counted as 4 seperate chars and at least 3 of 4 of them are S++++ tier plus Alien being broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.