What's new

Question - Slasher [Pre-XL] Is Jason really that bad?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Ive decided to drop my main And go for Jason like i always wanted to in the back of my head heh it feels right when i play him for some reason i hope they will buff him some day are you guys Jason mains as well?
1) Who are you dropping for Jason?

2) Jason is incredibly fun, but easiest the worst character in MKX.

3) Good luck.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Jason is the worst character in the entire game. Not to say that he is unplayable, he is one of my favorite characters to play. However if you play Slasher Jason and go against someone who knows the match up you're gonna have a bad time. His entire game revolves around f4 2, which is slow, predictable, and easily punishable. I would play Relentless if I was you, but if you do stick to Slasher it will take you a while to do well.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
To anyone who honesty thinks Jason is NOT the worst character in the game, I would pose two questions:

1) What winning match-ups does he have? (Any variation against any other variation in the game)

2) Which character has fewer winning match-ups?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Reptile at launch sucked. Give anybody time. You will learn things and be better in the end for it. Plus since people dismiss Jason you could pull a vman on everyone.

For the person that asked which Char i dropped for Jason i dropped scorpion And Takeda to main Jason full time in slasher i like it so much but now im not sure if i should stick with him im getting very bad news about him from yall

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Vodafone 985N met Tapatalk

Skedar70

Noob
For the person that asked which Char i dropped for Jason i dropped scorpion And Takeda to main Jason full time in slasher i like it so much but now im not sure if i should stick with him im getting very bad news about him from yall

I am expecting buffs for this character coming march 1st. He is still very fun to play but you gotta be very patient and understand so that you don't have unrealistic expectations.

D

Deleted member 9158

I trash people all the time with Jason, because they think they'll get an easy win. He churns out more rage quits than any other character for me.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

If you like him, play him. He's hella fun. And, I would be really surprised if we didn't get some significant buffs on March 1st.

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
To anyone who honesty thinks Jason is NOT the worst character in the game, I would pose two questions:

1) What winning match-ups does he have? (Any variation against any other variation in the game)

2) Which character has fewer winning match-ups?
While I still believe that he is the worst character, he still has some "fair" or "even" MU.

I found relentless work against Kitana royal storm and assaassin.
You teleport on a read (every kitana throws fans contantly #spammyfanny)
and punish with b122 run b122 run b2dd4 that's what I like to do.
Use the low starter against the parry.

Also go for cmd grabs on the opponents wake up and in the neutral.
what I also like to do is do b12 fdb2 or 111 fdb2, 11 fdb2 (you get the idea)
wich of course whiffs but the recovery is only 12 frames, so if your opp tries to do smth I can often hit them out of it.
When the red screen is on go for low/overhead or cmd/tick throw.

also a good tool is jip2 1fdb2 which is a superfast tick throw.

Yh I rambled a bit but I think Jason is viable.
If only relentless anyway.
let's pray for some buffs I want unstoppable to be better.

Cheers

Blade4693

VIVIVI
If you aren't spending time and money to attend tournaments then use whoever you like. He is typically considered the worst in the game but if that's who you want to use then use him. I have been pretty much playing Slasher exclusively since his release because I love Jason and I insisted in using the variation with the machete, so that's who I use lol

I kind of put myself in a hole though, because now if I play in the beta I have to use a character I really am not too familiar with lol

So they are still slasher mains out there are you guys having trouble winning matches or pretty much even i heard every one will just zone you out

Blade4693

VIVIVI
If you like him, play him. He's hella fun. And, I would be really surprised if we didn't get some significant buffs on March 1st.
I still have a sliver of hope that they will give Jason (Specifically Slasher) some slight buffs or maybe even a slight rework. I just can't see them leaving him the way he is.

Skate Bravo

Music Producer | Xbl - Skate Bravo
Only hope we got now is leatherface if he dont get buffs. The time it takes for him to win is too long. idgaf what whiteboi says. he needs buffs . all his plus 2 on blk moves whiffs shit sad.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I still have a sliver of hope that they will give Jason (Specifically Slasher) some slight buffs or maybe even a slight rework. I just can't see them leaving him the way he is.
No chance. He's easily the worst character in the game and this is the last major balance patch. He's getting buffs.

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
No chance. He is easily the worst character in the game. He's easily the worst character in the game and this is the last major balance patch. He's getting buffs.
I sure hope so lol I don't want them to overdue it or anything I just want them to throw him a little something. Maybe increase the speed on his normals/pokes a little bit, and a new overhead starter so he can have a better mix up. I know he can do f4 into stab/slash/charge but that really doesn't lead into anything unless you are in the corner, and the f4 charge d1 combo is pretty damn tight, nearly impossible online (At least for me lol)

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
I don't think there is such a thing as a BAD character. I remember in injustice, everyone thought that shazzam was awful. And then they saw digit play.

Also how do u know for sure that hes getting buffs? Every fighting game has a worst character maybe they will keep him this way i hope not.....

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Jason is definitely getting buffs, They are setting him up to be Leatherface's nemesis and that would be laughable if Jason remained as is.

omooba

fear the moobs
Been playing Jason since he was released, I always go Relentless. B1~Tick or finish the string is your mixup. You'll be grabbing a lot and EX Grabbing though stuff and EX Teleporting. Compared to the rest of the cast he does kind of suck, but I personally don't feel like he's totally disabled, y'know? Walking and using your buttons are really important. And nobody seems to lab the pursuit mode so you can just end a combo short even if it's unsafe nobody bothers to run up and hit you out of it lol.
favorite thing about jason is everyone falls for b12grab into grab :D:D:D

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
favorite thing about jason is everyone falls for b12grab into grab :D:D:D
Sounds like a gimmick, but everyone gets hit by a gimmick at least once. And that once could be all I need to take the tourney! I'll try it out, thanks :p

omooba

fear the moobs
Sounds like a gimmick, but everyone gets hit by a gimmick at least once. And that once could be all I need to take the tourney! I'll try it out, thanks :p
complete gimmick. they have all the time in the world to press a button. but i wish i had a dollar for every time someone sent me a message asking how plus it is