What's new

Question - Slasher [Pre-XL] Is Jason really that bad?

Hey mk vets i was wondering i keep hearing Jason sucks hes the worst bla bla bla no one uses him cause of it , the problem is is he really that bad? I mean ive tried all the chars And i just seem to like Jason the most i dont main him i main scorpion but i want to main Jason slasher but i dont cause i heard its terrible i mean should i go ahead And main him or stick with what i got cause hes just crappy?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Hey mk vets i was wondering i keep hearing Jason sucks hes the worst bla bla bla no one uses him cause of it , the problem is is he really that bad? I mean ive tried all the chars And i just seem to like Jason the most i dont main him i main scorpion but i want to main Jason slasher but i dont cause i heard its terrible i mean should i go ahead And main him or stick with what i got cause hes just crappy?
Use who you want. If you like that character then use them, REO loves Jason and made him work.

True but im not the best player in the world i dont want to get stomped all because i picked jason reo made him work but he can make any Char work he plays ,then again reo likes relenthless i like slasher hm maybe i should give it a go

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Jason is relatively bad compared to the rest of the cast. I don't play him but his main problem seems to be lack of mixups, good pokes and good mids. This can kill most characters unless they have rad plus frames, which Jason does not have.

Tweedy

Noob
Use who you want. If you like that character then use them, REO loves Jason and made him work.
Yeah but didn't he fail to make a top 8, when he almost always makes top 8s with Tanya/Tremor/Predator?

Jason is definitely weak imo. Hopefully he gets something come March 1st.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Been playing Jason since he was released, I always go Relentless. B1~Tick or finish the string is your mixup. You'll be grabbing a lot and EX Grabbing though stuff and EX Teleporting. Compared to the rest of the cast he does kind of suck, but I personally don't feel like he's totally disabled, y'know? Walking and using your buttons are really important. And nobody seems to lab the pursuit mode so you can just end a combo short even if it's unsafe nobody bothers to run up and hit you out of it lol.

Would i have trouble online if i would use Jason or is that just about skill like if i was equally skilled with some one And i would use jason i would have a harder time?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Just use him, and whenever you lose a game, no matter what say it's Jason's fault. It's never the Jason player that messes up, cuz if the character was better they would beat everyone.
There are more stories about high level tournament players getting their asses handed to them by remaining with low tier characters.
Not everything is within the player's control. At the highest level of play, you have to give it up to the character's nature itself.

Yeah im not aiming to be the best in the world but i would still like to use Jason ad my main And still win And lose matches like normal

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
so few people play jason that the matchup is a mystery to the majority of online players myself included so jason players can get away with alot of things that lets say a sub zero player cant. If your not trying to win esl or evo play jason, you can still win.

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
Just use him. If you like the char, regardless of if they are top tier or not, use him. Jason is I think one of if not the most fun char to play as. Between tick throws, pursuit, killing machine, b122, and his (weak) teleport, he is extremely fun to play. (I only play relentless).

I really hope now that leatherface is out they buff jason so that he is not forgotten.

#prayforjason

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
There are more stories about high level tournament players getting their asses handed to them by remaining with low tier characters.
Not everything is within the player's control. At the highest level of play, you have to give it up to the character's nature itself.
Blame Jason, not the player

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
To name a few.. Slow, horrible normals, unsafe strings and specials, can't keep opponent in corner, unstoppable variation specific moves are useless, and they nerfed relentless. Has no way to anti air reliably, and gets outzoned.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
Yeah im not aiming to be the best in the world but i would still like to use Jason ad my main And still win And lose matches like normal
If you're not aiming to be the best in the world, Jason is fine. You can definitely win with him, but you are going to have to put some work in to get good with him. I was an Ares (very low tier) secondary in Injustice and though I've never had the commitment to be a truly high level player, I'd wager I can beat the vast majority of people with him. There are very few characters in modern fighting games that are so bad they're impossible to play with even casually.

Skedar70

Noob
He is a fun character but the worse one in MKX. His best poke is an 8 frame d1 the other ones are completely useless. His jump speed is very slow and floaty so you will get hit if you try to jump out of any pressure. The only ways out of pressure are d1 or armor. His armor moves will whiff constantly. No way to anti/ir his anti air grab is slow and always whiffs his uppercut d2 has no hitbox(sometimes it will whiff even if you are right next to the opponent). His jump in punch will whiff constantly on crouching opponents which makes it even harder to get in and be able to connect any tick throws. The only thing he has in his favor is B121 which covers a lot of distance, is fast and combos.