What's new

Pre-MLG Dallas Interview #8 - Perfect Legend

LBSH 2 times evo champion and in both evo's he beat reo.
Tom Brady has wisely spelled out his theory of triangles: sure, he beat reo, but maxter beat PL, and reo beat maxter, so who's the best?
I think there's a strong argument to be made for many players though. REO is the most consistant (how many top 2 finishes did he get in a row from evo 2011? incredible), CD jr has the most tournament wins of any mk9 player (even though he didnt start competitive until after pl got his 1st evo), Pig has been finishing better with every outing and he's coming out stronger than ever for MLG, perhaps he's the best right now, Denzell and Malik Terry are competitive on the highest level with more of the cast than anyone else, Detroit is ridiculous, 16 bit/dizzy (how many character loyalists are top players?), etc. I'm not saying PL is not the best, he very well may be as well, but i dont think he's done enough for the discussion to be settled.

Also lets not forget that EVO didnt have a lot of the international guys. what if it turns out that Eddy Wang, Gross, Madzin, or one of the south american, russian, european, etc people can blow up anyone in the US?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
REO is the most consistant (how many top 2 finishes did he get in a row from evo 2011? incredible)
I don't understand why people are still saying this when CD Jr. has been more consistent than anyone this year. REO is an amazing player, but didn't make top8 at Anaheim or EVO. CDJr. has been top8 at just about everything, if not top2.

REO is clearly ridiculously talented, but people need to stop taking credit away from CDJr. who's been by far the most consistent tournament MK player this year.

Tom Brady has wisely spelled out his theory of triangles: sure, he beat reo, but maxter beat PL, and reo beat maxter, so who's the best?
I think there's a strong argument to be made for many players though. REO is the most consistant (how many top 2 finishes did he get in a row from evo 2011? incredible), CD jr has the most tournament wins of any mk9 player (even though he didnt start competitive until after pl got his 1st evo), Pig has been finishing better with every outing and he's coming out stronger than ever for MLG, perhaps he's the best right now, Denzell and Malik Terry are competitive on the highest level with more of the cast than anyone else, Detroit is ridiculous, 16 bit/dizzy (how many character loyalists are top players?), etc. I'm not saying PL is not the best, he very well may be as well, but i dont think he's done enough for the discussion to be settled.

Also lets not forget that EVO didnt have a lot of the international guys. what if it turns out that Eddy Wang, Gross, Madzin, or one of the south american, russian, european, etc people can blow up anyone in the US?
Evo is the world championship, and this years evo was the only major where people from the uk came and tried to win. All those things you said don't compare to a 2 time evo win.

coolwhip

Noob
for the record i have never once in my life said im the best in this game i do think no i know for a fact i have the best lao now. i tried to avoid this thread but i dont like when people put words in my mouth. so lets not start this again pig
Nothing but respect to you man, but how can you know "for a fact" that you have the best Kung Lao in the world? By very definition, a fact is not an opinion. What you're giving is a -- somewhat biased -- opinion. Who's the best with a character is a matter of opinion, and if it is every going to get close to being a fact, then it's likely because of tournament results. As of right now, we'll all agree PL has had the best tournaments results with Lao. Don't get me wrong, you've only picked up the character recently, so this is not a knock on you.

coolwhip

Noob
My bad but u did say best Lao
You know what's funny? Jr actually has a better claim at being the best in the world (his results have been amazingly consistent) than being the best Lao (when there's another guy who won Evo with only Kung Lao, beating the likes of Tyrant, Forever King, Reo, yourself, and Jr).

coolwhip

Noob

Wait wait wait... a guy wins Evo by beating Reo, Tyrant, Forever King, Pig and CD Jr, and you're saying "but he didn't beat Gross, Madzin or Eddy Wang"? Don't get me wrong, those 3 are great players, but LBSH, Pig, Reo and Jr are undoubtedly in the top 5 best Mortal Kombat players (there's a reason why you mentioned them in the post above when talking about guys who have a claim of being the best).

Don't get me wrong, you're right in that nobody can say with 100% certainty that PL (or anyone else for that matter) is the best in the world, because other players also achieved great things. But bringing up Madzin, Eddie Wang and Gross to the equation is ridiculous (and again I don't mean to disrespect or discredit them).

No tournament is ever going to have EVERY single good player, but EVO was as close as it gets. And it did have international competition (and remember how PL beat 3 out of the 4 UK guys with his THIRD best character in the USA vs. UK thing).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Maybe the people playing Cyrax are just not good and they are being pushed up in player skill because of how bullshit cyrax is they are able to do well? But when the going gets the toughest they can't perform?
Mmmmm. A call to arms. :D. Hopefully, MLG or NEC will deliver some S+ mustard.
I suppose if there's one thing an EC major is good for, it's an unnecessary amount of Cyrax.
So I suppose it's high time we Cyrax players started making the most of our assets.

YOU HEAR THAT GENTLEMEN
The man has a point. For all the horrible, HORRIBLE things our yellow friend is capable of...he's always come just a scratch short of taking home a title, save SvB 2011.
This is not right. This is not proper. This must change.
I must change it. But change alone is.........lame.
Join me, friends. Let us change this. Let us flood the gates and consume the world with our ways.

It's the remix. Chicka chicka, erra erra.

That's not what i said, though it's true that he's 0-1 against gross. what i said was that there are many people who have reason to be in the same category of best. "world championship" is just part of evo's name, but if it isnt truly representative of what the world has to offer then it isnt a true world championship. yes, carl won the biggest tournament twice, no, he doesnt win consistently enough at other tournaments to DEFINITIVELY say he's the best.
I don't understand why people are still saying this when CD Jr. has been more consistent than anyone this year.
true, all i'm meaning to show is that many people have the same stake to "best player." as i said, jr in only one year has won more than anyone else though the game has been out for 2 years. that's really amazing

Lol I am hella godlike to not play mortal kombat and dizzy barely win. I won EVO three times because I am fucking GODLIKE lets be serious here. And I'm pretty sure you will buy my shirt(s)
I don't really agree with all the shit PL says and I don't like the excuses....but I gotta admit...that was fucking funny!

Plop

Noob
Fair do's, he comes across as a proper cunt in this interview. I hope for his sake he's not ACTUALLY like this in in real life.

On the other hand though, i thoroughly enjoyed this interview and now the hype for Dallas is ridiculous,

Good form, good form.