65: Dookie Again
65: UltraDavid
65: HNIC Mike
65: Jody Tha Great
65: The Branten
65: DarkarNights
65: Mike Ross
97: Rob Khonsu

I think it was THTB (name?) who played a sick game as Reptile. But d*mn did it seem like Sub was an ever closing wall on that guy! And Kung Lao to the Sub, holy smocks he was running laps around that guy!

My all time favorite part was when Liu was almost dead, did a throw or jumped over head and turned around instantly with a low fireball to win the match with a sliver of health left.

Liu, Cage, Kung fights were definitely the most intense to watch.

Shoutouts to Perfect Legend, and Tom Brady for an epic fight, and Tim Static and Krayzie Bone for showing up and rep. TYM. Also, shoutout to THTB for playing an awesome Reptile. Thank you, to everyone else who participated in PowerUp 2011. I enjoyed watching all of it, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Flair

Joke
Congrats to tom and perfect legend for putting on a great performance, and definitely thanks to everyone who supported the game through, traveling and logging on to the stream. This is such a great game with great potential and after waiting for over ten years I finally see an MK that is everything any fighter lover wants.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Even though I wasn't there, I want to make some shoutouts.

Team Spooky - Thanks for streaming our game man. You had great patience and MK9 got A LOT of stream time. That's the most MK I've seen at a tournament on stream ever. Also, nice commentating bro, very professional. Thanks for working hard to support the fighting game community!

Tom Brady - Congrats on winning MK9 man! Very good commentary, you held it down the whole time, dropping that knowledge. Your gameplay was extra solid, but I could tell the pressure and nerves got to you.

Perfect Legend - Impressive play man! Man, I had no idea you were playing MK9 like that, really surprised me and a lot of people. Congrats on the 2nd place finish. You also were impressive in SSF4, good shit my man!

REO - God Like as always. Truly the most talented MK player I've ever met. What MK game are you not good in? The answer is NONE! You've been top at every MK, and I'm glad I got to train you in UMK3. You hardly had any practice since PSN was down, and you still placed top 3 with ease, good shit. You only lost to Tom and Legend, which they got 1st and 2nd. You never cease to amaze me, very good Cyber Sub and Kabal.

THTB - Wow, very good Reptile man. I knew your Rep was going to be solid, but didn't expect it to be THAT good! I definitely need to get you on skype again and discuss some shit with you bro. Highest placing TYM moderator, you deserve some kind of promotion for that!

Krayzie Bone - Good shit repping TYM! Your character variety was nice to see, but you definitely need to stick to one or two characters man. You don't want to be a jack of all trades, master of none. But, very good play regardless. You'll get there, keep on repping TYM and MK over in SoCal! Congrats on getting top 5!

Riu - Nice placing man, you did great! Your Cage was solid, just gotta work on your execution. You've come a long way, congrats bro!

Tim Static - LOL! Great commentary man, I for one enjoyed it. There's some stuck up people in this world, who just don't know how to have a good time and laugh. You DEFINITELY aren't one of these people. You were hilarious and just having fun. Good shit man, much respect.

Sabin - Your gameplay was really impressive man, I gotta say. For not being an MK player and having limited time with the game, you did fantastic. Thanks for commentating too, I love your commentary. I see you being a real force in this game, keep it up! YO UGH!

DanCock - haha, you did well man. You need to work on some stuff but you definitely proved you will be a threat in MK9!

Shoutouts to everyone else supporting the tournament, MK9, TYM, and the MK community in general. MK got a lot of exposure thanks to all of you guys. Respect to all of the players for showing up and supporting their game. GOOD SHIT EVERYONE!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Before I go to bed, I'll give some shoutouts. :)

First off, thanks to the PowerUp crew for hosting an incredible first MK9 major! Definitely was a tournament to remember!

Shoutouts to Team Spooky for providing an excellent stream for not just MK9, but every other game streamed as well. Always awesome! :)

Tim - Good shit seeing you again. LOL sorry for being so harsh in the few matches we did have. I have a tendency to be a troll in MK9. >.> Definitely will be seeing you again at Season's Beatings!

Lucky Day - Nice seeing you as well, bro. I don't think we played 1 time, though. :( Maybe next time!

Dancock - MUCH thanks to you for helping me get to PowerUp! If it weren't for you, I would've been stuck at home doing nothing but watching the stream. Thank you, man. :) And great showing in the tournament!

Krayzie Bone - Good stuff this weekend, and fun times! LOL @ what the hell went on up until 6 in the goddamn morning! Man, now I'm craving goddamn chocolate Rice Krispies treats cuz of you! >_< Lol oh well. Hope to see you at Season's Beatings! Oh, and FUCK SMOKE! :p

REO - GODDAMN YOUR CYBER SUB! >_< Oh look it's Yun in MK! Lol, good shit, dude...really had a great time chilling with you. Definitely hope to see you soon! :)

Tom Brady - Congrats on the win, man. Definitely showed how scary Sub and Cage are. Good shit. Had fun playing you and chilling again. You're always very fun to talk to! Hopefully at Season's Beatings, we'll meet again.

Riu48 - LOL you had to be the unfortunate one to get trolled. >.> You know it's all in good, clean fun. Great games this weekend! Cage is a force to be reckoned, man. Good job, man.

Playing To Win - Dude, it's always a blast to get in games with you in whatever we play. Good shit man. Sorry to hear about what happened with your controller...that's just not cool, ever. Great Raiden, man. Hopefully I can make it up to Cleveland to play with you guys soon!

ViciousShogun - Glad you could make it out, man! Good to finally meet you! :) Hope to see you at future tournaments!

EX Testament - Yo, fun games man, and good to hang out with you, as always. That Liu Kang will be beastly, man...definitely just need to play the game more! :) I'll be seeing you online and hopefully in Cleveland soon.

Michaelangelo - Was great to meet you for the first time, man. Your Kabal and Ermac are definitely amazing. Very cool dude, as well. Hopefully we'll be seeing each other at more tournaments in the future.

Digimonemperor - Great to meet you, man. Very, very cool guy. :) Whatever problems we had on SRK were definitely settled in Cincy (Even though I still don't remember wtf we even argued about LMAO). Good games man and I'll definitely be seeing you at future events!

Perfect Legend - Good shit, man. You're one hell of a player...amazing Kung Lao. Was good to meet you and chill with you.

NickTheZombie - Glad you could make it out to PowerUp, man! Was good to have you there. Very nice guy and all-around cool to hang out with. We definitely have to get in more Windjammers, though! THAT GAME IS GODLIKE!

Arturo Sanchez - Was cool to talk MK with you man, and really cool to see big names like yourself picking up MK9. Was definitely fun watching you play. Hopefully next time we can get in some more matches.

Floe - Good games man. Definitely a very good Ermac you have there. Hope to play you again, sometime.

PR Balrog - Good games, and nice Raiden. :) Definitely hope we can play again in the future.

McLovins - Good games, man. Definitely hope to get in more at future tournaments. Definitely a solid player.

Derrick Legend - Good games, man. Very fun to play your Kitana and Mileena. Hope to get in games with you in the future.

HNIC Mike - Good to meet you, man. Hope to play you sometime in the future.

If I'm missing anyone, I'm sorry, but it's SO many people to remember. :( PowerUp was definitely amazing. And amazing to see that MK9's grand finals got over 10k viewers! :)

It was nice to see some Nightwolf on stream via REO...I think it was REO. I am definitely incorporating some of his tactics into my Nightwolf game.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Thank you so much guys for the great show. I was at work both days but kept an eye on the stream for most of the time. Congratulations to Tom,Perfect Legend and Reo for top 3. Mad respect to Dontay, Dan,Krazie Bone, Riu48,NickTheZombie, Jwong, Digimonemperor,Sabin, Micheelangelo,Testament,Motosada, Floe, Derrick legend, Playing to win, lucky day, Tim Static, Markman,Arkayne and list goes endless. Awesome players and made that game look gdlk!!!! if i forgot some one I'll come back and edit. Respect!!!!

Special thanks to teamsp00ky for providing us with the pleasure of watching those intense matches!!!

Man, I met so many cool people this weekend I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just type stuff as it comes to mind:

First of all, just some general site-wide props for the TYM crew: You guys were very welcoming despite my abysmal level of play this weekend. I got lots of constructive feedback, and all of my questions about the game, tournament format, and community at large were answered very thoroughly. I haven't played a fighting game seriously for more than 10 years, so trying re-learn the very basic fundamentals is overwhelming. Thankfully, you guys are always there with the info and friendly feedback!

Let's go down the list since that seems to be the format for this thread (in no specific order):

DanCock: You're a really cool dude, I hope we get to hang out again in the near future. Your Sindel play leveled up by an unbelievable amount between Friday and Sunday, I was really impressed watching you spar against that Liu Kang player! I hope your drive back was safe and uneventful and that you aren't too insanely tired at work today. I also hope that you're shopping around for the parts to build that epic arcade stick that we were talking about yesterday ;)

Michaelangelo: I learned A LOT from watching your Ermac, especially when we played each other in singles and you bodied me in our mirror match :) Really great meeting and hanging out with you. You're definitely one of the friendliest people I've met in a long time.

Motosada: Really enjoyed talking FG's with you, particularly talking about janky, obscure games from years past.

THTB: Your Reptile was twice as terrifying in person as it was online 0_0 Big congratulations for making it so far in the tournament. Listening to you talk about your goals and expectations made it very clear how passionate you are about the game and continually becoming a better player. And yes, Windjammers is WAAAAY more fun than it has any business being.

Tim Static: Thanks for taking the time out for our interactions despite how insanely busy you were trying to commentate, do announcements, and about 10,000 other things. You should be proud of the community you've been such a big part in establishing through hard work over many years. Also, I like the way you say "Dan COCK" over a microphone.

Krayzie Bone: Awesome Ermac play this weekend man, I learned a lot. Thanks for explaining some of that stuff to me, I have some great info to take back to the lab. Just watching you play in general made it pretty clear that you've come very far and will continue to do so in the competitive scene!

ViciousShogun: As is usually the case, meeting someone face to face has a way of cutting through false impressions very efficiently. Although we had some misunderstandings online, I'm glad we patched that up and had a chance to chat a little bit at the tournament. I hope to see you at more events in the future, and I hope you start playing MK!

Lucky Day: Big thanks for working hard to keep the brackets moving along and answering 100 questions simultaneously, for hours and hours. I was happy to see you finally get a chance to sit down and play. Thanks again for dual modding my stick, I'm looking forward to checking out the final product!

REO: You have got to be one of the quietest people I have ever met, but you were very down to earth and friendly once we had some conversation going. For anyone that hasn't met or seen REO in person, this dude has the best poker face I've ever seen. Just stone cold while he repeatedly bodies people one after the other in MK. Also, thank you for providing my favorite moment in the tournament when your Kabal caused that dude to fucking rage quit the entire tournament and refuse to even shake your hand (douche-tastic move of the century). I seriously didn't see that guy again the whole time, lololololol :popcorn1:

Riu48: Really great meeting you man, I wish we got to talk a little more than we did. Your play was solid all weekend, and I learned a lot just watching you do your thing.

Tom Brady: <------ a walking MK strategy guide. Seriously, you were a wealth of information the entire time, and that was insanely appreciated. I was just kind of hanging out in the background taking it all in while you explained game mechanics to people. Also, great job with the commentary. Thank you for avoiding the pandering and just calling things in a neutral fashion. Some people might not like that, but in the end that's what is going to help us become better players.

Derrick Legend: I don't know if he goes to this site, but he's a super nice guy. I had a nice conversation with him while we were sitting and watching MK 5v5s finishing up on stream. I don't think it's possible not to get a long with him, and he's a VERY good FG player to boot.

DevilDigimon: We didn't get properly introduced or chat much beyond a few words here and there because things were too chaotic, but big thanks to you for your hard work at the event and for donating the stick!

and last but not least, Team Spooky: I was very happy to see how much attention MK got on on the stream. Arturo had some extremely solid Reptile play going on (he beat my Ermac's scrubby ass in front of a live audience on Saturday night). These guys were respectful and professional the whole time.

I guarantee that there are other guys I'm unintentionally leaving off this list, and I'll add them as I remember. The whole weekend is such a blur at this point, especially after the drive home last night!

Sabin

Elder God
Thanks for the help and support from everyone this weekend guys I really leveled up thx to the community. Thanks to Tom Brady too. Carl is godlike. Thanks to you guys for promoting us big time

Thtb thanks for the reptile tech and help I was literally studying your play the whole time so I have a better idea of what to work on.

I don't wanna do shoutouts cause it takes forever but you guys know what it is. Lol. I was just happy to be in top 8 and commentate on the final matches

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Repost but whatever.

This tournament, and the game itself really made a believer out of me. I think I found my second game. I'm getting that shit ASAP.

You guys better be ready, because shogun is back. ;P

I really enjoyed meeting you guys. All of you are really relaxed, and chill people. Sorry if my antics got on someones nerves x], Like slapping THTB with a pickle, or flicking straw papers at people. It was really fun, and im glad I got the opportunity to meet some people i've talked to for years. Next time, im playing the game definitely. Fuck marvel, and fuck tekken. Ima still stay in Street fighter, but im definitely playing mk as well.

The Blacktastic

OBS Supporter
PowerUp2011 was totally awesome. The people I met, the games I played, and the tournament scene in general was hype as hell. Shoutouts to:

Devildigimon: For bodying me with Sektor. Good games and awesome running of brackets.
THTB: For Babality'ing me with Reptile. ._. I hate you. lol j/k ♥
DanCock: For bodying me with Sindel on stream. Hope I gave you a good fight. Haha.
Tim Static: For being an awesome friend and just bringing your hype self. :)
Lucky Day: It was good to finally meet you in person.
Perfect Legend and Tom Brady; For putting on a hella excellent show in grand finals.
Sp00ky: For bringing the poverty stream (plus the crew) to Arcade Legacy.
Auturo Sanchez: For laughing at my Johnny Cage nut-punch impersonation.
Playing to W1n: Why your Raiden so good?

I'm sorta salty I didn't get to play casuals with you guys. Considering the lack of Mk9-goers in Cleveland and the lack of online's playability (for now), I probably won't get as many chances to play with good Mk9 players outside of tournaments. Ah, well.

motosada

Noob
Shout...outs. Alright, Pilgrim. Alright. Let's see...

Tim Static, for the ride and putting up with my numerous wacky shenanigans. Seriously, what town doesn't have a grocery store along the main drag? Two Waffle Houses, no grocers! Ridiculous!
But not for kicking me off the stream. :p

Lucky Day for the accommodations and the loan of the DualShock. Also, for all the work you put into working the floor, keeping the brackets running smooth, and being all nice and helpful and whatnot.
Oh, and for the booze. :)

Krayzie, REO, and Riu, thanks for chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool. It was awesome to meet you guys and to see you play till the wee hours of the morning. Just some awesome stuff, even if I never got to actually play any of you guys. I hope to see you all again soon.

Tom Brady, for the laughs at other peoples expense, the insight, the dang walking encyclopedic knowledge of the game, for the great finale matches, and for knocking Justin Wong off the bracket.

Justin Wong, thanks for stealing my chair. It was the best seat in the house!

The Team Sp00ky guys, Saito, and MarkMan, for letting me pollute the internets with my presence commentating on the stream. And thank you to everyone that found my three or four minutes of airtime informative, funny, engaging, and/or ruggedly handsome. :D

Nick the Zombie for fun bs-ing, but, did we ever sit down and play at all during those two days?

PsychoGuy, who I think is actually on SRK, but whatever. Had a good time in that last match with ya. I might not be so gracious next time, though. :)

Phreakazoid, for having an awesome handle, and also having amazing handles. Seriously, I want a light-up arcade stick! Or at least a light-up fight pad! Make it happen!

The guys at Arcade Legacy. Always a great spot and a fantastic venue with great diversions, and you guys had plenty to geek over. Bebop and Champloo OSTs, Totoro plushies, Companion Cube soaps! C'mon! Have mercy on my poor wallet!

And everyone who sat down with my Kitana or Cage and used me as live practice for their 6-10 hit, 40-60% combos. It was so cool to sit there and wait for my chance to hit "Retry" again. Really.
:p

Tim Static

Adminerator
Round 1, SHOUT!

Quick shouts, as i am way too tired to think straight.

Thursday night, picked up [user]Krayzie Bone[/user] and [user]REO[/user] from airport, then we go eat at Thurman's Cafe with my gf Tiffany. great dinner. SOOO GOOD! (Next morning Bone said he is relocating next to Thurman's. Sorry to Taco & orange stands, west coast. he's mine. LOL. Then got to watch REO and Bone play MK9 for a couple hours and i was just blown away. This is where i first got to see REO's Cyber Sub Zero and told him after Saturday he NEEDS to play him on Sunday. Poof! ;)

Ok, real quick before i do real shouts, i need to send much needed love to [user]Lucky Day[/user] as well as the man, Webster aka [user]digimonemporer[/user]. Could NOT have done it this weekend without these 2. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

[user]Osirun[/user] (Nathan) and Jesse, who run Arcade Legacy....the diamond of the tri-state area. the venue rocks, the games and arcade machines rock, the place is just.....godlike. Thanks, you two for all the love and support for MK, and the WindJammers cab. <3 Love you guys!

Team Spooky (Victor & Art): Thanks for your love and support for us and our game. it was godlike, and NO ONE does it like Spooks!! THANK YOU!

[user]MarkMan[/user] & [user]Tom Brady[/user]: Mark, thanks for all the love, the support and even tho you missed most of Sunday LOL, thanks for the support and love. Sorry to hear about your delays this morning too. Fucking sucks. Hopefully the Legend has returned to So-Cal by now. Bill, always a pleasure, i enjoy our conversations and just listening to you. lol Look forward to next time and thank you for everything you do for the community. THANK YOU.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
YOOOOOOOOO Nick totally just reminded me of that rage quit! Not gonna lie, dude, I was DYING! That shit was fucking hilarious.

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Let me just say I loved every minute of the Stream. As a spectator in NI I fuckin loved it man.
From Brady's in depth konvos to Static's Vagina jokes to Mike Ross jackin the stream haha
Really Good shit.

Tim Static - Good shit bro, Kould tell you had a blast.

REO - Enjoyed ur excellent Kabal man. As a Kabal player I loved it. Very nice Cyber too.

Brady - Awesome to watch, awesome to listen to. Knowledge is Power bro and you proved it.

THTB - Fucked up Reptile! Sweet shit man.

Bone - Good variety of Kharacters man. Mixin' it up well.

MarkMan - Nice kommentating (and sleeping) S-Kills man! lmao!

J. Wong - Thankyou for picking the game up man. Keep at it! :)

Team Sp00ky - Mad respect. Thank you so much for showing so much interest in MK and the Kommunity in general. Peace.

Sorry Im sure im missing ppl but you know the shit lol

All the best,
Razer

i need to not suck at this game and actually press the buttons and have better posture, so i can actually play this game..

good games to everyone i played. umk3 matches were lolz.

<3 the mk community, and it was truly a honor to meet all of yous and see some of yous again.

but i'm very salty (i played like absolute garbage...the fucking worst ever) to do any real shoutouts. and i feel miserable cause i lost my voice helping run 4 tourneys this weekend.

i will do shoutouts tomorrow or something. but i thank you all from the bottom of my super mortons heart that you all supported power up 2011 in some fashion. that is awesome and you are all awesome. :D

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
i need to not suck at this game and actually press the buttons and have better posture, so i can actually play this game..

good games to everyone i played. umk3 matches were lolz.

<3 the mk community, and it was truly a honor to meet all of yous and see some of yous again.

but i'm very salty (i played like absolute garbage...the fucking worst ever) to do any real shoutouts. and i feel miserable cause i lost my voice helping run 4 tourneys this weekend.

i will do shoutouts tomorrow or something. but i thank you all from the bottom of my super mortons heart that you all supported power up 2011 in some fashion. that is awesome and you are all awesome. :D
digi, you still interested in that spot... ? ;)

:coffee:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
btw, Michelangelo... wtf are you feeding that Ermac?!?!! LMAO

GOOD SHIT! :D

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Wish I could have played more of you guys. I was very interested in playing THTB, Dan cock, Arturo, REO after watching them play but didn't get a chance to. Nice to see so much MK love, I don't remember the names of a few of you I played. But as usual always good talking to/playing webster and Tim.

GG's to Floe, Derrick ( As usual I'll most likely see and play you thursday), Webster , Dandy J (As Usual ) and Jebailey( Trolling me . >__< ; ) everyone else.

Thanks to Krayzie bone for the advice and talking to a few of the other MK players.

Shoutouts to the Michaelangelo and webster match. Most clutch match I saw all night.

Glad MK9 has gotten more people into MK. Sucks that no one was interested alot around the MK3/UMK3 scene. Glad the exposure for MK is out.

Me and Jade are sticking through it. ( Even through the harsh times I'll have with her.)