What's new

PowerUp 2011 - MK9 5v5 Battle Special Event

Ok guys, here is the official rules/format and info thread for this event.

We will be having a 5 team special event at PowerUp. Everyone going has a chance to qualify on a special MVP Powerup team that will be decided on the day of the event.

Get Hype, this is going to be the first major for what is shaping up to be an extremely fun tournament game.

PowerUp 2011 MK9 Team Battle (5v5)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams:

Team Ohio

- Derrick Legend (Cincy)
- McLovin (Cincy)
- Alex (Columbus)
- Kris Tha Hornett (Cincy)
- Playing To Win (Cleveland)

Team All-Stars

- Tom Brady
- Justin Wong
- Floe
- Arturo Sanchez
- Mike Ross

Team TestYourMight.com

- REO (NY)
- KrayzieBone (CA)
- THTB (OH)
- DanCock (NY)
- Tim Static (OH)

Team PowerUp

*Made up of players chosen at PowerUp, based on their performance in the singles MK9 event

Team Wildcard

-DigimonEmperor (WI)
-Humbag (IL)
-HeroicLegacy (IL)
-Arkayne (OH)
-The Real KT (OH)

Team IPWMCZEMPDMGTS

- MarkMan
- Haunts
- PR Rog
- Perfect Legend
- NerdJosh

--------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

Teams will play each other team round robin style, scoring a point for each win against an opposing team. Team order must be set before each round robin match.

Matches in round robin will use the Powerup 2011 MK9 rules and be 2/3

- Both teams set orders (submit to TO or verbally tell other team)
- Team A's player 1 vs. Team B player 1
- Team A's player 2 vs. Team B player 2
- Team A's player 3 vs. Team B player 3
- Team A's player 4 vs. Team B player 4
- Team A's player 5 vs. Team B player 5
- Team with the most wins scores the point

After the round robin has finished, the two teams with the most wins will advance to the final.

In the event of a tie, the tied team's head to head result will determine who advances.

The final will be the same format as the round robin stage, but will use 3/5 in each match.

*Any comments or suggestions on rules, give them now. We will lock rules and teams a week before the event.*

Repost from the original Power Up thread:

Man I am soooo fucking hype for this tourney you have no idea. I'm bring some noise...don't sleep on me. ;)

Lucky: I'm still working out Team Wild Card participants. I have 3 definites (including myself), and hit a couple people up for for the final 2 on my team.

Was thinking about doing 2 small single elimination tournaments before the team tourney, if for some reason I didn't get those two slots filled in time. So people could have a chance to play...if they didn't know about it. We'll see.

Regardless, this tourney is gonna be absolutely fantastic for MK. And I am very happy for us all. MK can really pull in the interest with a strong showing and quality play.

IT HAS BEGUN!!!! :evilgrin1:

Humbag and Heroic Legacy added to Webster's Wildcard team.

More All-Stars names coming tomorrow, and team Ohio is finishing it's qualifying this weekend.

I would like to throw my name out there for Team All stars for mk 9 :).
That team is already finalized, just haven't announced it entirely.

But the PowerUp team will be open to anyone that deserves the spot on Saturday night, so all you have to do is prove you belong by putting in the performance during the singles tourney.

Mike Ross completes the All-Stars team!

Arkayne and The Real KT round out Webster's Wildcard team!

Team Ohio finishes qualifying this week and we'll be ready to go.

Playing to Win from Cleveland is volunteering himself because nobody up there has challenged him. If you want to play him for it before the tourney we may be able to arrange that.

If not, you can still make the PowerUp team by doing well in the singles tourney.

The Blacktastic

OBS Supporter
<Insert additional 'Get Hype' comment here.>

Seriously, I hope that almost everyone attending PowerUp will give MK9 a glance once we're through with this.
From what I was watching in the Team Sp00ky stream last weekend, there's some good talent that will make it into the MVP team, provided that they're actually attending PU2011 of course.

Enough of my rambling. So excited!

Mike Ross confirmed? Sweet!
lol, yeah he said he'll participate in the 5v5 event, and a while back he said he was coming, so I'm assuming that means he's confirmed. I was a little concerned because I didn't see him on the reg list, but that's what we're going with for now at least, lol.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Well he definitely did not pre-reg. Last I heard he was musing on the possibility of attending after learning we're having BBQ XD

DanCock

Cock Master!!
should each team not reveal whos going 1st, 2nd, 3,4,5 until it time to face off a team? like write it on a paper before they face off.. instead of one team announcing who going 1-5 then another team could just counter with their order..