What's new

Breakthrough - Shirai Ryu Post your favorite 'fixes'!

Do you like the patch?

• Total voters

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The one where Sub-Zero is blown back and slides across the screen from the EX Kunai is just what happens if only the first Kunai hits them. It's them staggering and being pushed into the other two but they're going the other way because Takeda's air teleport switched sides so they're not hit by them.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The one where Sub-Zero is blown back and slides across the screen from the EX Kunai is just what happens if only the first Kunai hits them. It's them staggering and being pushed into the other two but they're going the other way because Takeda's air teleport switched sides so they're not hit by them.
So is it not possible to have the hit reaction dependent on when the move started instead of where takeda is? Simply, will this get fixed?

DeftMonk

Noob
I didn't notice this in the patch notes but I noticed that now hitting a juggled opponent with 2,1(ronin) forces a restand...is that new? Has to be. This could be one of the random differences of the PC version like up until now on pc we could make the same stunt double mimic do mb d,b1 and shadowkick (the shadowkick would be in the air on the juggled opponent.

ATIWAB

Noob
takeda is super viable after the patch
i hope, that not too many tier whores will be jumping on the takeda train, just like they did with shinnok

pewpew
The changes don't seem that significant to me as far as addressing his actual weaknesses. Nothing added in the way of extra armor frames or armor outside of wake-up on more than just DB3 and FF; tornado kick should be changed to track the opponent instead of frame changes; we still can't do fuck all to get out of corner pressure or respond to half the cast's safe pressure; startups still slow.

Fixing the gap is cool but I don't think this puts him anywhere above low-mid tier where he's always been. The Ronin changes might be more significant, I don't play that variation, but SR feels the same as always.

hayatei

Noob
The changes don't seem that significant to me as far as addressing his actual weaknesses. Nothing added in the way of extra armor frames or armor outside of wake-up on more than just DB3 and FF; tornado kick should be changed to track the opponent instead of frame changes; we still can't do fuck all to get out of corner pressure or respond to half the cast's safe pressure; startups still slow.

Fixing the gap is cool but I don't think this puts him anywhere above low-mid tier where he's always been. The Ronin changes might be more significant, I don't play that variation, but SR feels the same as always.
characters should have some weaknesses imo

hayatei

Noob
Agreed, but ones that major make it hard to consider him "top tier."
i think after this patch Takeda has all the tools he needs to deal with any characters despite some of those weaknesses, just use the variation system accordingly and it should cover most match ups

JLsmooth

PSN : JLsmoothy
takeda is super viable after the patch
i hope, that not too many tier whores will be jumping on the takeda train, just like they did with shinnok

pewpew
I don't think there will be a new train for Takeda like at the start of the game, the fact that it is always possible to be cornered will dissuade a lot. And play with Takeda requires more skills than Shinnok, lol. XD

st9rm

viennality.com

i can't agree with that :/

have you tried out his "fixed" normals?
2, 21, b11, b2 into tele all works super well now
these moves are great anti air from almost fullscreen (b11), and really really good anti crossups (standing 2 into tele)
also the f12 2+4 into close kunai jailing, is super ez meter building and a great pressure tool

regarding ronin, i have no idea, since i've only played SR since the game came out

he just seems so strong now to me

ATIWAB

Noob

these moves are great anti air from almost fullscreen (b11), and really really good anti crossups (standing 2 into tele)
also the f12 2+4 into close kunai jailing, is super ez meter building and a great pressure tool

regarding ronin, i have no idea, since i've only played SR since the game came out

I'd already been using b1 and standing 2 into tele as an AA, I actually posted about it in the Openers poll thread, that's not new tech, the timing is just a bit different now.

I do agree the f122+4 pressure is nicer now without the gap, but honestly I don't feel a huge difference in overall play/feel so far.

AssassiN

Noob

Ronin was good after one of the first patches where they gave him a blade recall.
Now it's looking really good. I quickly labbed last night and noticed his B2 AA'ing, I was so happy.

Time to play more Takeda again.

ATIWAB

Noob
Ronin:
I messed around with Ronin some last night, feels good. Much better than when I labbed him and did some KOTHs with him a couple months ago. I still wish Quick Call was usable in the air, but overall it definitely feels stronger. B2 alone being only -2 on block and F11 being 0 on block now is a huge deal. Ronin seems great now, not so much risk:reward on damage with things being so safe, but it'll take me a long time to get a hang of it. Could see this being a low-top tier variation for most players, but doesn't mesh well with my playstyle, personally. Would not be surprised to see Takeda get some tournament representation with this variation.

Shirai Ryu:
Did a few more Ranked games today with SR, I still don't really feel a difference there or in lab aside from whip collisions being more consistent on opponents jumping in, being able to DB3 at any point in the F122+4 string and connect, and the ability to MB FF in the middle of a connected normal FF is great for when you threw it out as an input error and it happened to land. I don't feel like anyone is gonna fuck me up even On Hit anymore, so that's nice, but still suffers heavily from bad armor when anyone applies even remotely aggressive pressure and is easily shut down the second the opponent has opportunity to corner you or is playing any character who can fuck up your wakeup with a quick 2-hit string because of how bad FF startup time is.

Lasher:
Lasher still doesn't have any tools that give anyone any reason to pick it instead of SR. The new air F1/F2 hits are good in theory but often hit Mid instead of Overhead unless you're RIGHT on top of them, which defeats the purpose of the range IMO, especially since it does the exact same damage (5) as a regular JIP. Does anyone know if this is intentional? There aren't many hits in the game that hit OH or Mid depending on location that I'm aware of. MB Whip Trip is a decent ranged low but too hard to combo off of from the range advantage, only from being super close to begin with can you reliably work with the juggle, and at 18 frames that's just not practical. SR shits all over Lasher and Lasher ultimately feels pointless. Make Whip Strike hit OH like the animation appears to, make air F1/F2 always OH and maybe there's some more to be had there, but right now it's still far and away the weakest of the 3.