What's new

Guide Post Patch Skarlet Combo's

It's totally cool. Don't get me wrong, we want your input and I'm a huge fan of your enthusiasm. I also want to keep the forum organized, which is why I merged your thread. :) Welcome!

Are you on XBL WonderedFuture ?
lol how did i just now read this. yea im on xbl, but go by MKFL Wondered now. ive played shujinks, and skargoddess, now someday you. but i plan to execute better now after doing some frame data studies, so it should be fun. btw, that vid of me against kenshi, as i said, shouldnt have posted it, forgot there was no combos and too many errors. could you remove it?

Hi guy, I just picked up skarlet and I really like her playstyle but i've got some question.
1. Since Skarlet can do a lot of damage without meter midscreen is using one bar or two worth it to extend damage ?
2. I'm having trouble fiding an air to air punch combo that is reliable. What I use right Now is : Air to Air punch, 2,3,df1xx,2,3,df3,4
I drop it a lot have you find better and one with I could reset.
3.What you guys do to put pressure on the opponent ?
4.What antiair is better 1 or 2 ?
5. What combo you use with a d+1 antiair ?

I have a question, I notice alot of the high damage combos come off from B2 starters. Is there a way to make it safe when you block confirm? what do you guys do?

ryublaze

Noob
Hi guy, I just picked up skarlet and I really like her playstyle but i've got some question.
1. Since Skarlet can do a lot of damage without meter midscreen is using one bar or two worth it to extend damage ?
2. I'm having trouble fiding an air to air punch combo that is reliable. What I use right Now is : Air to Air punch, 2,3,df1xx,2,3,df3,4
I drop it a lot have you find better and one with I could reset.
3.What you guys do to put pressure on the opponent ?
4.What antiair is better 1 or 2 ?
5. What combo you use with a d+1 antiair ?
1. It's generally not worth it to use meter during a combo. You can extend damage after a standing reset with a blockstring, and if your opponent blocks high you can use meter for EX Dagger Toss for another blockstring.
2. Air to Air combo depends on the player I guess. I use D1 into Dagger Toss for consistency but there are more damaging combos. I think Ninj posted some air to air combos above.
3. Ending a combo with 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide makes your opponent have to guess twice. You can also fake Red Slides by not doing the Red Slide and stopping the Red Dash. Then you can go for throws or another blockstring. I guess you can call that pressure but it's not as good as Johnny Cage's.
4. Not sure...1 is faster but 2 leads to more damaging combos and has more reach. Personally I use D1 or F4, 3 anti-air for consistency and because the other anti-airs are hard to do online. Altaire has stated before that F4, 3 is an option select, which you can input it as F4, D, F3, F2. If it hits, it will lead into a full combo with a Red Dash into Up Slash. If it whiffs, the F4, 3 will come out instead.
5. D1, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2, Red Dash

ryublaze

Noob
I have a question, I notice alot of the high damage combos come off from B2 starters. Is there a way to make it safe when you block confirm? what do you guys do?
B2 is too slow to be using in the neutral game IMO but if you ever need to hit confirm hit, use Red Dash after B2. During the Red Dash animation you can hit confirm it to do Down Slash or Red Slide. I would use B2 if I know that it will hit after a jump-in punch (like if I jump over a projectile).

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
lol how did i just now read this. yea im on xbl, but go by MKFL Wondered now. ive played shujinks, and skargoddess, now someday you. but i plan to execute better now after doing some frame data studies, so it should be fun. btw, that vid of me against kenshi, as i said, shouldnt have posted it, forgot there was no combos and too many errors. could you remove it?
Yup

1. It's generally not worth it to use meter during a combo. You can extend damage after a standing reset with a blockstring, and if your opponent blocks high you can use meter for EX Dagger Toss for another blockstring.
2. Air to Air combo depends on the player I guess. I use D1 into Dagger Toss for consistency but there are more damaging combos. I think Ninj posted some air to air combos above.
3. Ending a combo with 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide makes your opponent have to guess twice. You can also fake Red Slides by not doing the Red Slide and stopping the Red Dash. Then you can go for throws or another blockstring. I guess you can call that pressure but it's not as good as Johnny Cage's.
4. Not sure...1 is faster but 2 leads to more damaging combos and has more reach. Personally I use D1 or F4, 3 anti-air for consistency and because the other anti-airs are hard to do online. Altaire has stated before that F4, 3 is an option select, which you can input it as F4, D, F3, F2. If it hits, it will lead into a full combo with a Red Dash into Up Slash. If it whiffs, the F4, 3 will come out instead.
5. D1, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2, Red Dash
Do you mind if I add you on psn so we can play some match ?

B2 is too slow to be using in the neutral game IMO but if you ever need to hit confirm hit, use Red Dash after B2. During the Red Dash animation you can hit confirm it to do Down Slash or Red Slide. I would use B2 if I know that it will hit after a jump-in punch (like if I jump over a projectile).
Figured as much. That's why I asked. It's kind of like Jades B1, Although there is a way to make her B1 safe against half the cast. I was just wondering if there was a similar way of doing it and it seems according to you red dash is the way to go when I confirm they block my B2.

I'll avoid using B2 unless it's a guaranteed hit and just go for pressure strings when I block confirm.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
hey guys wot u think of this f212 2+1 rd f2 dash 3 dagger cancel dash b11 blood ball (low) its 35% and if de bb hits its 15 % unscaled

ryublaze

Noob
Something I want to bring up which could improve Skarlet's meter building and damage:

Since F2, 1, 2, 1+2 is generally used after a jump-in punch, instead of going for this combo:
jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2 (35%)

Why not hit confirm it into a Down Slash combo? I mean you have three hits (jip, F2, 1) to hit confirm it into Red Dash, Down Slash. At first it will seem difficult with negative edge and all, but if you practice it enough you can get it down. By doing this, you get 5% more damage and build almost twice as much meter. The combo would be:
jip, F2, 1, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2 (40%)

fr stack

Something I want to bring up which could improve Skarlet's meter building and damage:

Since F2, 1, 2, 1+2 is generally used after a jump-in punch, instead of going for this combo:
jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2 (35%)

Why not hit confirm it into a Down Slash combo? I mean you have three hits (jip, F2, 1) to hit confirm it into Red Dash, Down Slash. At first it will seem difficult with negative edge and all, but if you practice it enough you can get it down. By doing this, you get 5% more damage and build almost twice as much meter. The combo would be:
jip, F2, 1, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2 (40%)
im likin this starter i got an easy 43% from it f21 rd downslash u3 dagger 23 rd upslash 23 rd slide

Ninj

im likin this starter i got an easy 43% from it f21 rd downslash u3 dagger 23 rd upslash 23 rd slide
I've found when I play higher-level players, I know when I've got them for a jip, in which case I go for the 41% no meter reset.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

fr stack

I've found when I play higher-level players, I know when I've got them for a jip, in which case I go for the 41% no meter reset.

i seem to have trouble doin anythin other than a dagger cancel combos from f212 1+2

Ninj

i seem to have trouble doin anythin other than a dagger cancel combos from f212 1+2
You want either
f2,1,2,1+2,df3,f2 xx 2,df1- xx 1,1,2 or 2,3,df3,4 instead of 1,1,2. are those the ones you have trouble with?

fr stack

You want either
f2,1,2,1+2,df3,f2 xx 2,df1- xx 1,1,2 or 2,3,df3,4 instead of 1,1,2. are those the ones you have trouble with?

ah kk that cleared it up i never did the dagger cancel after the second upslash , cheers !!

SwayNTech

da bess
Quick question..was wondering if 112 could be done instead of 2,3,df3,4 in these combos
Combo 1 (46%): JiP F4,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4
Combo 2 (47%): JiP F3,2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4
Combo 3 (48%): JiP B2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4

Ninj

Quick question..was wondering if 112 could be done instead of 2,3,df3,4 in these combos
Combo 1 (46%): JiP F4,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4
Combo 2 (47%): JiP F3,2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4
Combo 3 (48%): JiP B2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4
Only if theyre against the corner for the 1,1,2. You get 6 hits in a midscreen combo before you have to finish it (includes launcher hit) against a standing opponent. Assuming those factors, the 1 of the 1,1,2 must be the 7th or earlier aerial hit. There's a 3% damage difference when resetting on the 7th hit vs the 5th hit. Make sense? This will be included in the guide.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
i may have found somethin with bloodball, if u finish a combo wit b11f4 high bloodball it catches them rolling back for unscaled damage unfortunately dats all it works for, but if your opponent always rolls it could come in handy ... feel free to flame me for this im just throwin it out there ;)
I've been playing around with it today, and noticed if you do 112 Bloodball at the right time(not strict), the 112 will naturally will reset them and while they recovering(?) the Bloodball will hit for the 15%. If you don't time it right, they can block it, though.

fr stack

I've been playing around with it today, and noticed if you do 112 Bloodball at the right time(not strict), the 112 will naturally will reset them and while they recovering(?) the Bloodball will hit for the 15%. If you don't time it right, they can block it, though.
ive started using b11 bloodball (low) to finish certain combos it works better than b11f4

SwayNTech

da bess
Only if theyre against the corner for the 1,1,2. You get 6 hits in a midscreen combo before you have to finish it (includes launcher hit) against a standing opponent. Assuming those factors, the 1 of the 1,1,2 must be the 7th or earlier aerial hit. There's a 3% damage difference when resetting on the 7th hit vs the 5th hit. Make sense? This will be included in the guide.

I see. So DF3,B2 xx 2,3,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 112 Would work?

Ninj

I see. So DF3,B2 xx 2,3,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 112 Would work?
Yes. I'll sticky the my list of Skarlet combos when I get home around 7ish tonight. It's a tentatively complete list of Skarlets most powerful combos...and it's here somewhere, I just forget which thread it's in.

SwayNTech

da bess
Just saw redraptor do jip, B2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash in the double dagger blockstrings video..now I'm confused