What's new

Question - Summoner Post Patch Quan Chi Discussion

How is Quan Chi after these hypothetical changes?

• Total voters

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Can guarantee, this will be the last time i ever try defend Quan. Do you guys even recall the original statement that you been attacking me over for the last 3 pages.

Someone called him "braindead" and I said even though he was one of the easiest characters I've learned, he isn't at all braindead. I still play the damn character i was not attacking him lol. You guys should be going at that dude instead of me, to bad all Rude knows is senseless arguments and word wars. 4

When the hell did I say I'm attending a major? I have a busy life outside of fighting games (my hobby) now I have to come play you in a major? you serious?

If you recall, you issued a challenge to me. Specifically, you wanted to play me in an online set. Presumably, you wanted to do this to prove your level of rightness to me, but that's admittedly speculation on my part.

I have no interest in doing that, and would prefer to play you offline, and a major is the best way to do that. I also have a full time job and a family, and I try to travel when I can.

My biggest problem is that you're conducting yourself as an authority on the character, yet you admit to not playing at a high level and that the character is your 11th alt. How are we supposed to take you seriously when you haven't offered any substance?

Rude

Braindead doesn't mean simple combos. That being said, over the course of the game I've learned to play 11 different characters. and other than Tanya, Quan was by far the easiest.
This was your original statement. It was in response to a poster who was arguing against the idea that Quan was braindead.

The first sentence is fairly ambiguous, but the latter part of the post is what originally caught my eye. By phrasing it as you did, it lends itself more toward agreeance with the other poster.

I don't see a strict stance defending Quan in this statement, so at this point you're making stuff up to suit your victim narrative.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
If you recall, you issued a challenge to me. Specifically, you wanted to play me in an online set. Presumably, you wanted to do this to prove your level of rightness to me, but that's admittedly speculation on my part.
Let me tie up the speculation for you then. Let's recant what has happened in this thread

- some guy says Quan is braindead http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/#post-2010153

- someone else quoted him disagreeing with him being braindead, I added to that saying hes not Braindead and easy combos dont make a character braindead, even if Quan was easier to learn than many other characters in my experience http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/#post-2010383

- you say to me that I musnt be playing at your level of play if I think that, and as such my opinions are invalid http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/page-5#post-2011000 +++++ http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/page-5#post-2011087

- i offer you an online match ONCE the netcode gets good, with any of my characters (including Quan) against your quan in response to your challenging my level of play and using it to discount my opinion two posts in a row http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/page-5#post-2011112

You are just needlessly starting shit. fucking stop it.

I have no interest in doing that, and would prefer to play you offline, and a major is the best way to do that. I also have a full time job and a family, and I try to travel when I can.
You can't accuse someones opinions of being worthless for being lesser skill than you, duck out of an online fight which EVERYONE has access to, and spin it around like I'm bailing on it because I won't play at a major which NOT everyone has access to

My biggest problem is that you're conducting yourself as an authority on the character, yet you admit to not playing at a high level and that the character is your 11th alt. How are we supposed to take you seriously when you haven't offered any substance?
When. fucking when. have I done that. I keep saying "in my experience/my opinion" NOT to hide from criticism but to make it clear that I am no way an authority on ANYTHING, and ffs its a public forum and the thread is an open question addressed to everybody, and the topic you got me on here was how hard i found a character to learn, and why do I need to be some authority just to have an opinion on ANYTHING in the first place?

Character is my 11th alt? When did I say that pal? Pretty sure I remember specifying that I have more time in him than almost all my other characters? Quan is actually my 2 main and possibly 2nd most played character I'm not sure whether hes second or third. not that its at all fucking relevant.

your posts are just full of twisted truths or just flat out, indisputable lies, do us both a favour AND STOP QUOTING ME GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO ARGUE, i made an offhanded statement that I learned Quan easier than other characters but he isn't braindead, and now I'd like to be left out of your shit. i get it, your gimmick is always arguing about quan everywhere, i dont give a fuck dude I play the character to and I don't think he's braindead, I do think he was overnerfed, however I don't think he's as hard to play as characters like Wrestler Jax, DF liu, ronin takeda, and I do have at least enough experience to state that as my opinion, etc. stop your absolute BS just trying to argue everywhere, I don't care dude. Just let it go.

This shit is over now. Done.

Saying Quan Chi is easy to play is borderline laughable. I don't know in what world you can consider him easy when his defensive game and reversal are borderline non existent in a high level (or any level really) environment. Let alone when you get your touch you hit the big boy damage or even the hard to blockable it's not an easy thing to hit consistently.

It's not accurate to call Quan easy when one mistake on your part can end your round pretty quickly.

Rude

Let me tie up the speculation for you then. Let's recant what has happened in this thread

- some guy says Quan is braindead http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/#post-2010153

- someone else quoted him disagreeing with him being braindead, I added to that saying hes not Braindead and easy combos dont make a character braindead, even if Quan was easier to learn than many other characters in my experience http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/#post-2010383

- you say to me that I musnt be playing at your level of play if I think that, and as such my opinions are invalid http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/page-5#post-2011000 +++++ http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/page-5#post-2011087

- i offer you an online match ONCE the netcode gets good, with any of my characters (including Quan) against your quan in response to your challenging my level of play and using it to discount my opinion two posts in a row http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-quan-chi-discussion.58396/page-5#post-2011112

You can't accuse someones opinions of being worthless of being lesser skill than you, duck out of an online fight which EVERYONE has access to, and spin it around like I'm bailing on it because I won't play at a major which NOT everyone has access to

When. fucking when. have I done that. I keep saying "in my experience/my opinion" NOT to hide from criticism but to make it clear that I am no way an authority on ANYTHING, and ffs its a public forum and the thread is an open question addressed to everybody, and the topic you got me on here was how hard i found a character to learn, and why do I need to be some authority just to have an opinion on ANYTHING in the first place?

Character is my 11th alt? When did I say that pal? Pretty sure I remember specifying that I have more time in him than almost all my other characters? Quan is actually my 2 main and possibly 2nd most played character I'm not sure whether hes second or third. not that its at all fucking relevant.

your posts are just full of twisted truths or just flat out, indisputable lies, do us both a favour AND STOP QUOTING ME GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO ARGUE, i made an offhanded statement that I learned Quan easier than other characters but he isn't braindead, and now I'd like to be left out of your shit. i get it, your gimmick is always arguing about quan everywhere, i dont give a fuck dude I play the character to and I don't think he's braindead, I do think he was overnerfed, however I don't think he's as hard to play as characters like Wrestler Jax, DF liu, ronin takeda, and I do have at least enough experience to state that as my opinion, etc. stop your absolute BS just trying to argue everywhere, I don't care dude. Just let it go.

If you don't care, why are you still here?

I'm not ducking you at all. Far from it, in fact. I'm offering you a chance you beat me in a completely even playing field, where I could make no excuses if I lose.

You, on the other hand, backpeddled and started making excuses, likely because you wouldn't take a game from me in an offline environment.

You're using the, "in my opinion" option select to hide from criticism. It's fairly blatant because the moment you are challenged by anyone,myself included, you rebuttal with, "it's just my experience! It's just my opinion!" instead of actually arguing the points presented.

Your experience with the character is directly relevant to talking about him at advanced levels of play. That he's your alt, and that you're not even certain as to what order of priority of an alt he is telling.

It's funny, you said it was "done" several times now, and yet you won't stop responding to me.

So not only are you an online-only troll, but you contradict yourself in a desperate attempt to get the last word.

The reality of the situation is that you, in this thread and the other Quan thread, like so many other posters, wanted to come in an troll our community. However, when faced with someone who sees through you, you continue to paint the victim narrative.

You want this to end? Stop replying.
You want to not be exposed to my posts? Hit ignore.

And if you need to, I will more than happily pay your way and house you in the hotel of either major, provided you pay for your transportation. That's fair, isn't it, my little scrublet?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
If you don't care, why are you still here?

I'm not ducking you at all. Far from it, in fact. I'm offering you a chance you beat me in a completely even playing field, where I could make no excuses if I lose.

You, on the other hand, backpeddled and started making excuses, likely because you wouldn't take a game from me in an offline environment.

You're using the, "in my opinion" option select to hide from criticism. It's fairly blatant because the moment you are challenged by anyone,myself included, you rebuttal with, "it's just my experience! It's just my opinion!" instead of actually arguing the points presented.

Your experience with the character is directly relevant to talking about him at advanced levels of play. That he's your alt, and that you're not even certain as to what order of priority of an alt he is telling.

It's funny, you said it was "done" several times now, and yet you won't stop responding to me.

So not only are you an online-only troll, but you contradict yourself in a desperate attempt to get the last word.

The reality of the situation is that you, in this thread and the other Quan thread, like so many other posters, wanted to come in an troll our community. However, when faced with someone who sees through you, you continue to paint the victim narrative.

You want this to end? Stop replying.
You want to not be exposed to my posts? Hit ignore.

And if you need to, I will more than happily pay your way and house you in the hotel of either major, provided you pay for your transportation. That's fair, isn't it, my little scrublet?
Thats deep

You can't accuse someones opinions of being worthless for being lesser skill than you, duck out of an online fight which EVERYONE has access to, and spin it around like I'm bailing on it because I won't play at a major which NOT everyone has access to

I'm gonna have to ask you to retard your anger.

EDIT: Seriously? Lol.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
TrePound pointed out some things on his stream...

One, Kung Jin got nerfed. He got nerfed. He got nerrrrrrfffffffeeeeed.

Kitana got buffed. Mournful had ALOT of highs made mids - including her return rang. Sharpen received a big damage buff. I think RS stayed mostly the same.

I'll keep watching to see what I can find out about Quan.

Rude

Kitana got buffed. Mournful had ALOT of highs made mids - including her return rang. Sharpen received a big damage buff. I think RS stayed mostly the same.

I'm not entirely sure Kung Jin needed nerfs?

Rude

Thats why i just gave him the last word lol. No point, probably talks more than he plays the game lol
Oh, look!

It's the guy that came into the other thread, called all Quan players whiners, and was butt hurt when he was called out.

I don't know how you simples think you can come into a forum, shit all over it's players, and act indignant when the response is negative.

It's baffling.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Oh, look!

It's the guy that came into the other thread, called all Quan players whiners, and was butt hurt when he was called out.

I don't know how you simples think you can come into a forum, shit all over it's players, and act indignant when the response is negative.

It's baffling.
Me butthurt? Was never that, you are because your character got bodied. Hell id body you if i met u at a major. Want to play? I wana see if you're any good. Just curious to see if all you do is talk and argue with people on tym.

Rude

Me butthurt? Was never that, you are because your character got bodied. Hell id body you if i met u at a major. Want to play? I wana see if you're any good. Just curious to see if all you do is talk and argue with people on tym.
I was butt-hurt for saying that the nerfs were extreme, but manageable? Makes sense. Meanwhile, you rage quit the entire conversation when called out for your blatant trolling and condescending attitude.

My PSN is on my profile. I'm not hard to find.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I was butt-hurt for saying that the nerfs were extreme, but manageable? Makes sense. Meanwhile, you rage quit the entire conversation when called out for your blatant trolling and condescending attitude.

My PSN is on my profile. I'm not hard to find.
Trolling by saying all top tiers are going to get hit and to man up and adjust like me all will? Sure lol. Werent you the big dude who was talking to jupiter at kit? Yeah ill add you, curious to see how you play.

Rude

Trolling by saying all top tiers are going to get hit and to man up and adjust like me all will? Sure lol. Werent you the big dude who was talking to jupiter at kit? Yeah ill add you, curious to see how you play.
Trolling by saying Quan mains were, "acting like he was low tier." Etc.

Sounds great. It's a date.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Trolling by saying Quan mains were, "acting like he was low tier." Etc.

Sounds great. It's a date.
Thats not a troll, thats the truth. Immense crying when the biggest quan main here doesnt have an issue with it. But anyway, ill hit u up on psn.

About time that braindeadbitch got nerfed

and yes Kitana buffs!

Reactions: GAV

Rude

Thats not a troll, thats the truth. Immense crying when the biggest quan main here doesnt have an issue with it. But anyway, ill hit u up on psn.
This is where I'm confused. Quan players express their frustration with the changes in their forum, and you arbitrarily decide they're not allowed to?

This is where you lose me. Like I said before, you can complain and still adapt. They're not mutually exclusive.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
I think punishing Warlock and Sorceror because Summoner has the dirtiest tricks in the game is a bit strong.

They should keep with the idea of fucking with the bat and leave the rest of the stuff. He hardly dominates tournaments and you never see him in top 8 these days unless Michael Angelo is behind the controller (or FK gets all counter pickey on us).

With that said, no character should have hard-to-blockables. They should kick them all straight out of the game.
I'm taking Spec Ops and Shirai Ryu hard to blockables down with me