What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

AYSAMO

Noob
good because grundy has very limited options vs gl. dat gatling gun!! no armor for grundy. grundy can barely get gl when he has super because that gatling gun meter burn.
I've legit seen a GL use only gatling to body a Grundy. I don't even know wtf grundy can do except try to mash out EX swamp hands to get in lol

I've legit seen a GL use only gatling to body a Grundy. I don't even know wtf grundy can do except try to mash out EX swamp hands to get in lol
As the game develops I see this being the new Kenshi vs Subzero MU. Just need to see some new Grundy tech to see.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I think it's in GL favor, but I don't think chaingun is as free as you guys make it seem. Yea, it will beat walking corpse but you MUST respect EX swamp hands, otherwise you'll be losing half your life bar.

I think it's in GL favor, but I don't think chaingun is as free as you guys make it seem. Yea, it will beat walking corpse but you MUST respect EX swamp hands, otherwise you'll be losing half your life bar.
Air rockets and minigun.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

rzn

Noob
How do i punish his Lift? needz worse recovery frames for such a good move...
Some characters have advancing strings that can punish a blocked lift if it was done too close to them. Raven can punish lift with her grab.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
LBSH, GL v KF is 5-5, I just get annoyed because it's so stupid easy to be incredibly dangerous with her. She has 1 option from midrange and as long as you have good blocks and tight gameplay she's easy to keep in check.

Claude VonStroke
RiBBz22

The real elephant in the room is GL v Deathstroke. My eyes have been opened. That's the Kabal v. Subz of this game.

This match is at least 6-4 DS in a best case scenario (on a stage full of interactables, particularly Arkham Asylum) and gets worse on stages that favor gadget characters. There is no way in hell this match is 5-5 except against online idiots who do shit like non-EX assualt rifle shots. In the hands of someone who is smart and a good player Deathstroke is fucked up.

You have no choice but to walk (not duck and dash like I thought) him into the corner and try to hold him there. I need to investigate the timing of dashing further but so far it seems that if his quick shots are tight enough, if you block low shot or crouch a quick shot you CAN'T dash forward without getting caught by another quick shot. This changes the match immensely from how I had previously thought and experienced.

Occasionally you can try to make a read on a grounded gunshot and do a preemptive air fireball, but you have to be decently close. Otherwise, the travel time is too long and he'll be able to block. If you hit him with an air fireball you can get a free dash forward.

Plus Deathstroke has A LOT of shit that I have seen no one use...

After playing high level deathstroke and high level cyborg, I would rather fight cyborg any day.

THTB
Dark_Rob
J360
NY_Jailhouse

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
LBSH, GL v KF is 5-5, I just get annoyed because it's so stupid easy to be incredibly dangerous with her. She has 1 option from midrange and as long as you have good blocks and tight gameplay she's easy to keep in check.

Claude VonStroke
RiBBz22

The real elephant in the room is GL v Deathstroke. My eyes have been opened. That's the Kabal v. Subz of this game.

This match is at least 6-4 DS in a best case scenario (on a stage full of interactables, particularly Arkham Asylum) and gets worse on stages that favor gadget characters. There is no way in hell this match is 5-5 except against online idiots who do shit like non-EX assualt rifle shots. In the hands of someone who is smart and a good player Deathstroke is fucked up.

You have no choice but to walk (not duck and dash like I thought) him into the corner and try to hold him there. I need to investigate the timing of dashing further but so far it seems that if his quick shots are tight enough, if you block low shot or crouch a quick shot you CAN'T dash forward without getting caught by another quick shot. This changes the match immensely from how I had previously thought and experienced.

Occasionally you can try to make a read on a grounded gunshot and do a preemptive air fireball, but you have to be decently close. Otherwise, the travel time is too long and he'll be able to block. If you hit him with an air fireball you can get a free dash forward.

After playing high level deathstroke and high level cyborg, I would rather fight cyborg any day.

THTB
Dark_Rob
J360
NY_Jailhouse
Her reset is the only reason this match is 5-5 imo. Green lantern controls the space too well to lose this match up.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Not sure why HawkGirl is listed as losing 7-3 to GL. They both play similar and can counter each other rather well. It shouldn't be worse than 6-4 either way.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Claude VonStroke
RiBBz22
Yeah, I can see it being even for now and maybe going 6-4 in one direction or the other over time if nothing really changes through patches. I think I could see it being 6-4 KF just because even though GL basically out-normal's KF in every single way, the guessing game is up close is usually in her favor and GL has to be careful of just throwing out b12 and b13 since parry can interrupt both strings for big damage.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm starting to get to the point where I can lift slides on reaction or w/ a slight read if I space KF. It might end of being worse for her as time goes on.

Marvaz

come at me
So i came to the conclusion that gl is SHIT outside of sweep range and also when he has no meter. Against good zoning characters you might as well just forfeit. Also f3 has zero range, his main combo starter b1 in also crap if your opponent figures out all you have to do is block low when your in close range. His walk speed/dash is horrible also. GL has to be played defensive imo. You cant pressure for shit with him. Your only real option with gl is to bait jump ins. Gl is bottom 5.

Superman here i come

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So i came to the conclusion that gl is SHIT outside of sweep range and also when he has no meter. Against good zoning characters you might as well just forfeit. Also f3 has zero range, his main combo starter b1 in also crap if your opponent figures out all you have to do is block low when your in close range. His walk speed/dash is horrible also. GL has to be played defensive imo. You cant pressure for shit with him. Your only real option with gl is to bait jump ins. Gl is bottom 5.

Superman here i come
b1 is godlike because it forces you to hold down, while GL can just play however, not to mention the whiff punishing it does.

And f3 also blows up throws and d1 poking.

His weakness, of course, is his ability to deal with zoning, but the character does well outside of that.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Claude VonStroke
RiBBz22

THTB
Dark_Rob
J360
NY_Jailhouse
It looks that way to me, too. Idk about the timing, but most of the time, it feels like me dashing too late.

Deathstroke is ridiculous lol.

Matix218

Get over here!
Against a good (and smart) Batman this matchup is very frustrating. I have been playing this matchup a lot with my brother. If he gets even a slight life lead early on its full screen keep away time. Gl is useless full screen against Batman so you have you dash block in through a mixture of batarangs, trait bats, grappling hooks (completely safe for him at zoning range but he gets a full combo if it hits), meter burn batarangs (which he can do super late and they push you back), ugh... you have to stay grounded vs Batman at most ranges as well because if not it will be trait/ grapplehook all day. Very frustrating match where you really have to be on point with your dash blocking (and its not like he's free when you finally get in either... I am not saying this match is not doable, it is winnable, especially if you get the life lead and he is forced to come to you but I do think it is in Batman's favor. One good thing is that it is fairly easy to interrupt most of Batman's strings with GLs d1. I feel like I almost never have meter to win clashes either, I have tried being more conservative with my meter use but I need meter to do any signifigant damage. What do you guys think of the Batman matchup.?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

Superman here i come
Dude, you're out of your mind. GL's only bad MU's are characters that have air projectiles that travel horizontally across the screen and turtle batman. Sinestro can be bad if you're too froggy and impatient. But that's it. He does extremely well against all the rest of the cast.

Of course he has to be played defensive and patient lmao. I guess he's an East Coast only character?

It looks that way to me, too. Idk about the timing, but most of the time, it feels like me dashing too late.

Deathstroke is ridiculous lol.
Yea it's soooooo bad. J360 is developing some really dumb tech with him too; It's nuts.

Yea, turtle batman can be a real bitch. If he's going to throw his trait bats at you from far away, it's not a bad idea to trade with rocket or EX rocket. He won't be able to combo grappling hook and I believe the trade is in your favor damage wise. Just be sure to MB it in time since you can get knocked out of it before the rocket explodes. Will his regular batarang cause rocket to whiff over his head? I forget... if not, you can trade with them with EX rocket too since rocket's travel time is so fast.

Otherwise, doing j3 over batarangs can help avoid the explosion if he detonates them.

EDIT: In general, trading with his trait bats is desireable, whether you do it with ground or air rocket. As long as you hit him, he won't be able to follow up with anything and the damage will be in your favor.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
some of my numbers since people love those:

3-7 Deathstroke
4-6 Cyborg (might end up being 5-5 after the nerf)
6-4 Flash (could be worse for flash, no answer for chaingun)
4-6 Batman (turtle batman)
5-5 Nightwing (solid 5-5)
5-5 Green Arrow
5-5 Superman
6-4 Raven
6-4 Aquaman
??? Wonderwoman
6-4 Hawkgirl
6-4 Shazam (possibly worse for shazam)
7-3 Joker
??? Harley Quinn
6-4 Grundy
??? Lex Luthor
6-4 Catwoman (possibly worse for catwoman)
5-5 Ares
5-5 Killer Frost
5-5 Doomsday *** (this one is pending review)
5-5 Sinestro (I'm pretty convinced that this isn't in his favor. Online yea, but not offline)
5-5 Black Adam
7-3 Bane
6-4 Lobo

3 losing match ups
9 winning match ups
8 Even match ups
3 ??? match ups, 2 of which are almost certainly in his favor

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
some of my numbers since people love those:

3-7 Deathstroke
4-6 Cyborg (might end up being 5-5 after the nerf)
6-4 Flash (could be worse for flash, no answer for chaingun)
4-6 Batman (turtle batman)
5-5 Nightwing (solid 5-5)
5-5 Green Arrow
5-5 Superman
6-4 Raven
6-4 Aquaman
??? Wonderwoman
6-4 Hawkgirl
6-4 Shazam (possibly worse for shazam)
7-3 Joker
??? Harley Quinn
6-4 Grundy
??? Lex Luthor
6-4 Catwoman (possibly worse for catwoman)
5-5 Ares
5-5 Killer Frost
5-5 Doomsday *** (this one is pending review)
5-5 Sinestro (I'm pretty convinced that this isn't in his favor. Online yea, but not offline)
5-5 Black Adam
7-3 Bane
6-4 Lobo

3 losing match ups
9 winning match ups
8 Even match ups
3 ??? match ups, 2 of which are almost certainly in his favor
He wins 7 3 over black adam. I have discussed this with THTB and had a short chat with reo