What's new

Combo List - Kenshi Post Patch Combos/Damage Update

This thread is to show some of the enhancements that Kenshi received in the latest patch. Not all of these combos are new but I wanted to post them because of the damage increases in his specials.

nj1, ji1, run, f32, toss 26%
f2, rk, 111, toss 30%
ji2, 421, rk, 111, toss 32%

ji2, f32, ex suspend, ji2, f32, toss 39%
ji2, 421, fk,111, toss 35%
ji2, ex spinning blade, b1, ex suspend, ji2, f32, toss 45%
ji2, 421, ex sword dance, toss, 30%
f2, rk, 111, ex suspend, ji1, f32, toss 41%
f32, ex sword dance, toss 32%

*Note: Tele-Toss is no longer 3/4 screen. It is now full screen.

This came from a couple minutes in the training room. Going to continue to dig and see what I can find. Please post with your findings so we can help the community.

Yes they are

43, ex suspend, ji2, f32, toss. 35%
Ji2, 421, rk, 111, x-ray 45%
F32, ex sword dance, toss 32%

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
just figured it let you know it is also possible now to link b32 after d1 but its tight, but imo no worse than hitting 111 and does more damage. For instance of f2 you get

f2xxdb1, d1, b32xxExdb4, Ji1, f32xxbf3 = 42%

Last edited:

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
I usually do use 43, but earlier he used f32, so to show the damage increase I used the same one as him. Mid combo 43 scales worse so you should avoid it, but as an ender it usually does more damage(even if it is only a small fraction of a %).

SEV

Noob
balanced
114, rc, f2xxdb1, rc, 43xxbf3 is 30%
however 114 is now pretty easily punishable since it can't be cancelled.
Nice, better combo; going to need more stamina though. Low frames now means it's the go to punish string, so knowing the combo is important. D1 the better poking tool.

Last edited:
For kenjutsu, df4 was buffed significantly so now it's basically the same damage using bf3 or df4 as an ender, which is great for positioning.

111 after db1 is at least a 2f link on male characters i believe so not too bad, but it is very tricky on the females, i think it's another just frame link. d1xxspecial is the easiest option against females.

Also full screen tele-toss makes me so happy, I don't even mind that it's a high now.

Also:
balanced
114, rc, f2xxdb1, rc, 43xxbf3 is 30%
however 114 is now pretty easily punishable since it can't be cancelled.
It's sort of tricky but you can hit confirm 11 (which is 0 on block) into 114 which makes it very safe

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
*Note: Tele-Toss is no longer 3/4 screen. It is now full screen.
Really? Awesome! I guess that evens out the fact that it's a high now. Seems like now it's purely a counterzoning tool for him in the neutral. If he takes a fireball after he grabs them does he just drop them like when a throw is interrupted?

Really? Awesome! I guess that evens out the fact that it's a high now. Seems like now it's purely a counterzoning tool for him in the neutral. If he takes a fireball after he grabs them does he just drop them like when a throw is interrupted?
To my knowledge it has always been that way

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
ex sworddance is kenjutsu df1, right?

If so, you can update the initial post with (starter) df1 ex, run cancel b32 bf3 (it does 34% if you start with 421 )

Also, against female characters i'm definitely struggling with db1 111, and I hate the new d1 b32.. so against them you can do db1 d1 d1 xx (insert special move) for 1% more than just doing a single d1

Last edited:
@iDeeejay

I am horrible remembering the names of anything. DF1 is the spinning blade i was referring to. Ex 3 hit overhead. DB1 is kenjutsu's rising karma.

Thanks i will look at that combo.

Not sure about the female opponent thing. I've taken him into the lab for an hour or two since patch but haven't got any matches in due to family and life.

Also, im just getting hardcore into learning fighring games. Been playing them for years but haven't buckled down until mkx came along. So i apologize for any confusion in the way i name or describe combos. Just trying to be apart and help the community.