What's new

Strategy Post Overhead Teleport Options for the Cast

It usually depends on the player. MIT was using MBB3 a lot, so I just started parrying or backdashing.

I haven't ran into an MMH that uses push, but I'm assuming a jump back then air dash forward into a j3 will beat it.

Parry will beat the 3 trait. Slide beats bsckdash.

Walking forward beats the tele by itself and she gets a punish.
I need to see what you do in this matchup. I'm not getting beat by randoms, but every time I do something I always see a way I can easily get blown up for doing it, lol.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I think Ares b13 will actually beat everything other than a backdash or a jump back. As far as I can tell it beats flipkick, push, and mb b3. Unfortunately it puts him fullscreen which isn't exactly where you want him, but it's nice that you at least have a solid option to check him considering that Ares can't use mb b3 to punish and blocking it as a cross up is pretty shitty for Ares too.

If he back dashes your options to get him are fireball, straight sword or mb teleport. It's impossible to dash forward and catch him with a normal.

If he jumps back your option are pretty much ji1 or straight sword. ji1 probably doesn't work if he has trait up and does a jumping attack back.

So basically Ares options break down to b13 or straight sword. I'm not really sure what to do if he keeps doing jump back teleport though. ji1 and b13 can both clip him, but neither one makes him not want to keep trying it. I think the best you can do is stand there and wait to mb f3 it or try to block it as a cross up, but then he can just run away and that sucks a lot too. I'm really not liking this character right now