What's new

Strategy Post Overhead Teleport Options for the Cast

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
So it seems that just like Killer Frost's Slide, MMH's overhead teleport has a pretty sick standoff type mindgame post blocking the teleport.

Most MMH players will do a couple things after teleport.

Psionic Push, MB B3, Wait and uppercut, backdash/jump, or if in trait Stand 3.

So I want to possibly compile a list for each character of some of their best options after blocking the teleport. On naked teleports most people will result in MB B3ing the teleport as it comes or walking forward to cause the teleport to become punishable. This is mostly for teleports that you cannot deal with in those ways like jump normals into down tele.

Black Adam- B2-Trait seems to be the best option and should beat everything but MB B3, for that you can just block, backdash or even forward jump because of Black adam's jump arc.

Id like to hear other people's ideas for their characters or just in general. I will try to keep this updated.

Crathen

Death is my business
Deathstroke can punish OH teleport with Sword Flip so i'm not too worried about it ( it's safe only if the tele gets blocked while DS is walking back from the first startup frames of the OH tele ) , if i can't punish it i just slightly walk forward and 3xxSS wich interrupts Push and MB b3 , backdash is whatever since only s3 comes out.

MajinRY

PSN: MajinRY
Flash can lighting uppercut as a punish haven't tested but maybe speed dodge would allow a full combo punish

DarkPage

Noob
WW can d2 it in a sortve effective way, i just b11 into mix ups usually. or just b2 lasso to get a dash in

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Smar, are you talking about the teleport when you walk forward to block the cross up or just a regular one where you are holding back to block?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Smar, are you talking about the teleport when you walk forward to block the cross up or just a regular one where you are holding back to block?
The regular one. If you walk forward it becomes the punishable one so you would just punish. This is after blocking the one regularly.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So it seems that just like Killer Frost's Slide, MMH's overhead teleport has a pretty sick standoff type mindgame post blocking the teleport.

Most MMH players will do a couple things after teleport.

Psionic Push, MB B3, Wait and uppercut, backdash/jump, or if in trait Stand 3.

So I want to possibly compile a list for each character of some of their best options after blocking the teleport. On naked teleports most people will result in MB B3ing the teleport as it comes or walking forward to cause the teleport to become punishable. This is mostly for teleports that you cannot deal with in those ways like jump normals into down tele.

Black Adam- B2-Trait seems to be the best option and should beat everything but MB B3, for that you can just block, backdash or even forward jump because of Black adam's jump arc.

Id like to hear other people's ideas for their characters or just in general. I will try to keep this updated.
b1 trait should stuff the armour if it reaches

RiBBz22

The regular one. If you walk forward it becomes the punishable one so you would just punish. This is after blocking the one regularly.
Yeah, punishing that move on cross up still isn't that fun though since he is airborn. You have to like do standing 1 or d1 juggle into stuff with Frost if you want to end in vortex.

Anyways, on a blocked overhead tele Killer Frost cannot punish it so with her I like to:

• Safe backdash with a possible whiff punish opportunity
  • Jump back and air dash in J3 on REACTION if I push comes out, which leads to a full combo into vortex
  • Parry if I read standing trait standing 3. This is pretty risk though because traited B1 will catch Frost on block.
  • Jump in air dash for a cross-up opportunity or just jump in (YOLO)
xKhaoTik ApocaLips RunwayMafia Rickyraws Konqrr
Are you guys doing anything different? We don't really talk about this MU very much.

Espio

Kokomo
Hawkgirl:
Mace charge catches back dashes and can lead to 21%.
Forward 1, 3/forward 1,1 beats MB back 3 armor (I also think wing evade 3 will go right through it, but need to test it due to going through armor being range dependent).
Wing Evade 3 beats jumping after teleport as well.
Push can be beat by delayed mace charge, delayed wing evade 3 or a mace toss.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Yeah, punishing that move on cross up still isn't that fun though since he is airborn. You have to like do standing 1 or d1 juggle into stuff with Frost if you want to end in vortex.

Anyways, on a blocked overhead tele Killer Frost cannot punish it so with her I like to:

• Jump back and air dash in J3 on REACTION if I push comes out, which leads to a full combo into vortex
  • Parry if I read standing trait standing 3. This is pretty risk though because traited B1 will catch Frost on block.
xKhaoTik ApocaLips RunwayMafia Rickyraws Konqrr
Are you guys doing anything different? We don't really talk about this MU very much.
1,d2 slide u3/ 22 mb freeze. Vortex.
EDIT: This is for blocking the OH tele by waking. My bad nvm

EDIT 2: RiBBz22

Like I assumed, this pretty much will always be a rock paper scissors scenario. I would take note of what the opponent likes to do whenever they land the teleport, or more importantly, what they DON'T do. I'll mainly be scouting for whether they're jump happy after the teleport, jumpy during footsies, or take to the air frequently. In this case, I would hesitate, or attempt to do my own jump ins.

If the opponent stays grounded, most common follow ups are shut down with daggers.
Push-stuffed by daggers. Very easy to time
MB B3- Multi hitting projectile
Another tele- stuffed
f2 will not hit you when he's not traited, but it WILL hit you if you throw daggers. On a read, mb b3 and jump backs will serve you well. It will also avoid the push and reset the situation.

Another option is to block the overhead tele, take a step forward and immediately mb f3. You WILL have time to do so and this option stuffs push and f2.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

The combo I do after blocking the OH Teleport is d1, 11b2~Slide... It's the best and one of the only punishers we can do to get the vortex. If I don't want to risk getting blown up by the regular teleport, I will just MB B3 it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It usually depends on the player. MIT was using MBB3 a lot, so I just started parrying or backdashing.

I haven't ran into an MMH that uses push, but I'm assuming a jump back then air dash forward into a j3 will beat it.

Parry will beat the 3 trait. Slide beats bsckdash.

Walking forward beats the tele by itself and she gets a punish.

RiBBz22

The combo I do after blocking the OH Teleport is d1, 11b2~Slide... It's the best and one of the only punishers we can do to get the vortex. If I don't want to risk getting blown up by the regular teleport, I will just MB B3 it.
What do you do to get that one into vortex? 1 input into grab? Gravity seems really low after you U3.

RiBBz22

Yea I made a post about this weeks ago when the walk forward tech was discovered. I posted this combo. I guess I was ignored :(
Yeah stuff like that is always going to be lost and burried if you don't see it right away. I will add it to the MMH section of the MU thread. If we find stuff we need to be diligent about making sure stuff gets in that thread.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
With Batman the best option is, of course, release bats. You will interrupt all of MMH's options after a blocked OH teleport (specially if you have more than one mini-bat out).

Without trait, I tend to backdash cause is the safer option. Ground grapple can punish a backdash, and F2 is a good way to close up the distance, abeit a little risky.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
only things scorpion can really do to check a overhead teleport on block is spear/telepunch to catch dashbackes, both yolo as hell.

telepunch doesnt really check him jumping back because of the bullshit hitbox of mmhs j1, his back and shoulders will hit scorpion out of the telepunch, cause ya know that fair that scorpions get punished for full combo after making the right read with a unsafe move,same happens if u telepunch out of air dash crossover j1 on oki setups :(

also i feel people are ignoring something about the overhead tele, i brought this up in another thread and no one wants to seem to talk about it that alot of times if u block the overhead tele crossup its doesnt reverse the pushback into you and its safe

I slide because I hate backdashes. It's probably the wrong answer though. I've eaten some MBB3s because of it, and I'm not sure if it beats push.

I don't really mind him using MBB3 there. If he wants to gamble his meter like that then fine.

Throwing daggers at that range scares me because you can get blown up so hard for it. I really like your jump back, then dash in j3 if he does anything.