What's new

Breakthrough POST NERF: Stop using f2,d1 in the corner for damage.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
I'm having huge issues with scoop whiffing now. I'll do my normal combos without the F2D1s, but their presence assisted with timing via gravity scaling and lowered opponents low enough for scoop. Now 223, 3~Trait, 3~[MB] Breath, Zap, 3~scoop, 3~Breath feels inconsistent.

I've been using the exact same 11 fillers knoterror posted in the interim. Nothing else seems to work. Generally speaking, I've resorted to using at least one F2D1 (losing 2-3% for the sake of consistency) during corner combos to keep the scoop from whiffing randomly.

eiseC

Noob
I was practicing that for the first time today but I kept dropping that part, is there any trick to it ?
I have exactly the same issue. I try to get the "3 xx Trait 3 xx Scoop " - part but miss it all the times. Do you have to extremely fast cancel from 3 to Trait and again 3 to Scoop ? Maybe I'm just to slow.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Guys yesterday I almost went crazy with the same problems, specifically with the F23, 3 trait, 3 SB MB, heatzap, 3 scoop, 3 super breath 58%. The 3 scoop almost always whiffs. This can be fixed by moving just a bit back after the F23 connects. After hitconfirming the F23 I hold back just a little bit then do the rest of the combo and everything connects. I haven't messed with the 223 starter yet and I don't know if this can be done after that string too. I can't test at the moment but if any of you guys can test this, please let me know.

eiseC

Noob
Guys yesterday I almost went crazy with the same problems, specifically with the F23, 3 trait, 3 SB MB, heatzap, 3 scoop, 3 super breath 58%. The 3 scoop almost always whiffs. This can be fixed by moving just a bit back after the F23 connects. After hitconfirming the F23 I hold back just a little bit then do the rest of the combo and everything connects. I haven't messed with the 223 starter yet and I don't know if this can be done after that string too. I can't test at the moment but if any of you guys can test this, please let me know.
I will immediately test it when I'm back from work, sounds promissing.

what helps me is trying to delay 3~scoop after heat zap as much as possible, this way i get it pretty consistently already

Was doing this late last night and I forgot if it did less or more damage. Disregard if less. Wish I could get the timing down for the extra 3 after the trait but it's too hard for me.

f23, 3, heatzap, 3, trait, scoop, 3, MB breath, heatzap, 3, breath - 59%
f3, 3, heatzap, 3, trait, scoop, 3, MB breath, heatzap, 3, breath - 62%

Dunno if it's better than what's currently out there

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Was doing this late last night and I forgot if it did less or more damage. Disregard if less. Wish I could get the timing down for the extra 3 after the trait but it's too hard for me.

f23, 3, heatzap, 3, trait, scoop, 3, MB breath, heatzap, 3, breath
What is the damage percentage?

Drecker

GET CITY.
Inspiration struck.

Corner: f3, j3 (While falling), 3 xx Trait 3 xx MB Breath, Heat Zap, 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Breath - 64%.

*Change with j2 for easier combo, 61% total.

eiseC

Noob
I have exactly the same issue. I try to get the "3 xx Trait 3 xx Scoop " - part but miss it all the times. Do you have to extremely fast cancel from 3 to Trait and again 3 to Scoop ? Maybe I'm just to slow.
I found my issue ... i generally was trying to perform the combo mid-stage before figuring out that this is a CORNER BnB. Got it now and works well :). Maybe I should read in detail next time ...

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Found a pretty consistent (as in the scoop doesn't whiff most of the time) one in the corner: F23, 3~heatzap, 3~MB Breath, heatzap, 3~scoop, 3~breath 54%

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
you activate trait straight after f23 in this one?
This one is without trait., don't know if there is enough time to cancel after the F23 and still land the rest. I have these too. You know just messing around to see what leads to new bnb's. Here goes:

Meterless without trait

-F23, 3~heatzap, 11, D1~scoop, 3~breath 39%
-F23, 3~heatzap, 3~scoop, 3~breath 42%

Meterless with trait

- F23, 3~heatzap, 3~trait, 3~scoop, 3~breath 53%

Metered 1 bar

-F23, 3~heatzap, 3~MB breath, heatzap, 3~scoop, 3~breath 54%

Don't know if these are already posted but those are the combo's I was messing around with post patch. I still haven't found what I believe to be the most optimal combo/bnb's yet. These are all pretty consistent though.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
It's the highest damage ender, yeah. Most people are sticking with the old f2,d1 3 xx Scoop... for consistency, it seems.

so for example: [starter] 3 xx Trait 3 xx MB Breath, Heat Zap, f2d1, 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Breath?

Does that f2d1 help make it so you dont whiff on the scoop after 3 like it seems to happen? I've used Superman a lot, but first time im getting serious about corner game and im doing it JUST as they patched/nerfed it.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
If you do the f2d1 you can immediately go into 3 xx scoop. If you omit the f2d1 you have to wait a second before doing 3xxscoop