What's new

Post MK11 (MK12) Story

Given that all reality has been erased along with the elder gods and the realms... The One Being may finally make entrance as the main villain to oppose Fire God Lui Kang. Perhaps in the intro, we could have Lui Kang face off against the One Being, and ultimately be defeated . In a last attempt he opens a portal for Kitana to escape to seek the council of Mortal Raiden. As she finds him and he explains the Elder Gods are not there now to defeat the One Being, the entire realmscape that God Kang created begins to merge upon itself into a reality created by the One Being. Perhaps in a scene prior it can be established that Lui Kang entrusted Kitana with the Sacred Amulet around her neck due to her being pure of heart. The amulet could be the only thing that does not change through time perhaps... This could be a device to keep Kitana free of the reality shift to recruit allies whom have been changed by the One Being. It is revealed that the One Being has been weakened due to this reality change and the amulet has placed a block on where he can find her so he releases his horseman Shinnok who can sense the amulet to find her. The amulet is the only piece left to be obtained for the One Being to complete his manifestation on all the realms. The One Being has his other horsemen, Onaga and Blaze protect and rule key locations with characters such as Shao Kahn and Fujin as their slaves. The final horseman, a recreated Fire God Lui Kang is entrusted to gaurd the portal to the One Beings realm of time. After a battle with Fujin and using the Amulet to give him his foresight back he reveals these details to Raiden, but upon using the amulet Shinnok draws near. Shinnok defeats Kitana and Fujin with Raiden posing no challenge, but in a last attempt Kitana throws him the amulet to which his resonant powers of Dark Raiden manifested within before he was erased. Shinnok is defeated and the 3 quickly dissapear to devise a plan to forge new kamidogu by gathering the essense of each realm.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Based on the lore, if the One Being ever merges reality, that's a wrap. As the universe and realms are supposed to be his/its divided consciousness as in everyone would cease. I hope they abandon the whole one being thing entirely. They've made the lore so convoluted at this point. It used to be that the Elder Gods existed with the one being at the beginning of time and now Kronika created them so it's just.....messy.

I dunno what they're going to do, but that seems like the last path they'd take. The more realistic thing one would expect is to see the Titans mentioned quite frequently in the intros and endings appear due to their displeasure with their fellow Titan Kronika being destroyed, but who knows.

I hope NRS leaves the One Being and lot of these convoluted story plots and concepts in the past where they belong.

Error404

Noob
Man , I wish they would go back to a more grounded , tournament between realms story. Now there are like 7 tiers of gods , time travel , multi-verses and sorts of complicated BS.

I'd read all of it with great pleasure in a novel or comic , but with these short story modes you really can't do it properly imo.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Man , I wish they would go back to a more grounded , tournament between realms story. Now there are like 7 tiers of gods , time travel , multi-verses and sorts of complicated BS.

I'd read all of it with great pleasure in a novel or comic , but with these short story modes you really can't do it properly imo.
This.

I’m still hoping that MK12 is a tournament held in either the Order Realm or Chaos Realm. Whichever realm isn’t hosting the tournament is still visited in the story at some point.

They’ve thrown reference after reference to those realms in the last few games, it’s about time to properly reintroduce them in my opinion.

Based on the lore, if the One Being ever merges reality, that's a wrap. As the universe and realms are supposed to be his/its divided consciousness as in everyone would cease. I hope they abandon the whole one being thing entirely. They've made the lore so convoluted at this point. It used to be that the Elder Gods existed with the one being at the beginning of time and now Kronika created them so it's just.....messy.

I dunno what they're going to do, but that seems like the last path they'd take. The more realistic thing one would expect is to see the Titans mentioned quite frequently in the intros and endings appear due to their displeasure with their fellow Titan Kronika being destroyed, but who knows.

I hope NRS leaves the One Being and lot of these convoluted story plots and concepts in the past where they belong.
True. That's what I've read so far too but they have never really touched upon how exactly the Elder Gods separated his body into komidogu's and realms... there could be much more to it. Such as perhaps he needs the Amulet as the final piece which Kitana has to complete the merger.

Since all the realms have been erased for recreation by God Kang, the komidogu's would cease to be thus becoming a part of the One Being once more. But I also read in the lore that the amulet was needed as the 7th piece.

Perhaps your right though.. it does seem very convoluted and I would love to see them focus on exploring the realms again like they did in Deception.

I love your idea though of bringing in more Titans as they referenced many.. What titans could we expect to see if they go this route?

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
The best thing would be... Cassie waking up screaming and realizing she had a stupid nightmare. Then the story starts somewhere after MKX and goes a different direction. The whole timeline merge stuff was bad.

They should really focus on already existing character/worlds/story development instead of bringing in more and more stuff into the game that they cant handle. Gods/Elder Gods were already a bit questionable and underexplored but now they go even bigger with Titans and whatnot...

I am interested in a story about the MK races and realms. If i want multiverse and stuff like that i go watch Marvel/DC stuff.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
As soon as I saw another intentionally incorrect "Liu", I stopped reading.

This and the "I must consult the Elder Gods" phenomena crap are .... well , crap.

I'm hust saying it out loud so it can be read/heard. Thank you

Resistible

MK fan since '92
In my opinion it's a little early for us to want to discuss the next installment. Still going to throw my hat into this ring though.

MK12 should be the first round of tournaments with the Great Kung Lao but instead of defeating Shang Tsung and eventually being killed by Goro, Onaga returns. In this way they can keep a few of the characters; Liu, Kitana, Shang, Shao, Jade, Sindel, and Goro. Bring back some of the past long lived characters such as Nitara, Havik, and maybe a younger Bo Rai Cho. They can introduce new characters, I already mentioned Great Kung Lao, they can add the original Sub-Zero (Kuai and Bi Han's Grandfather) and have him play as a combination of Kuai and Hanzo.

That's just me spitballing ideas, it might not happen because in this scenario there wouldn't be a Special Forces unit since it would revolve around a time before advanced technology and the SF has become a central focal point.

In my opinion it's a little early for us to want to discuss the next installment. Still going to throw my hat into this ring though.

MK12 should be the first round of tournaments with the Great Kung Lao but instead of defeating Shang Tsung and eventually being killed by Goro, Onaga returns. In this way they can keep a few of the characters; Liu, Kitana, Shang, Shao, Jade, Sindel, and Goro. Bring back some of the past long lived characters such as Nitara, Havik, and maybe a younger Bo Rai Cho. They can introduce new characters, I already mentioned Great Kung Lao, they can add the original Sub-Zero (Kuai and Bi Han's Grandfather) and have him play as a combination of Kuai and Hanzo.

That's just me spitballing ideas, it might not happen because in this scenario there wouldn't be a Special Forces unit since it would revolve around a time before advanced technology and the SF has become a central focal point.
Ever watch the Mortal Kombat TV Series? It was great.

The timeline resets every so often, each time sooner and sooner, making everything meaningless.

For real though, I assume a retelling of the original MK tournament with Raiden/Liu Kang switched places or swapped out entirely. Fujin in Raiden's place, Kung Lao as new champion and Kai as second best. Kitana is absent as well, so Mileena either doesn't exist or is a surrogate daughter. This time the yonger Sub-Zero dies or something.
Half of the game (or maybe a quarter) goes on as usual, then some appears, gets beaten. Post-credits scene of Liu Kang going "this means war" as a setup for 13.
I honestly can't get excited for MK story anymore.

It's Evo 2020, Grand Finals, Tom Brady, now the Elder God of FGC with the support of his followers takes SubZero's Dead of Winter variation to top 8 grand finals on the losers side. Fire God SonicFox is waiting for him, practicing teabags and switch stances with his Joker (DLC), already feeling that he's ready to react to sub's mix, surely it's gonna be an easy W for him.

Then outta nowhere, SubZero appears in the crowd. He was just teleported there by other Elder Gods to help Tom in his magnificent journey. SubZero sees Tom and realizes that this is the true champion of mortal kombat and the best candidate for the new Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. Without hesitation Subzero performs a slide and merges into Tom Brady's body. His Body erupts in a huge Icy explosion, making him the new Snow Lord Brady.

In the Epic Battle, the Snow Lord resets the bracket, making Sonic take off his furry mask. Sonic switches to Acidic Alien (DLC) and beats the Snow Lord 3-0. Cocky as always, the Fire God starts doing what he's been waiting all weekend to do - performing the fastest teabag ever during the fatality sequence. Outta nowhere a snowflake appears and lands on Sonic's L2 button, giving Tom a Mercy.

Tom's quickly doing the slide Krushing Blow to the shocked Sonic and wins this match. He is back at it, the crowd goes wild, the commentators are having an orgasm. But Tom is not here to joke around: the snowflake gave strength to his sub's mix and it became completely unreactable to Sonic.
The Snow Lord takes game 2 and it's 2-2 now.

Tom takes game 3 and lifts the Fire God's reign of the best NRS player of all time. He can't believe it, Sonic is at a loss. Looks like it's a New Era now.

Kronika appears outta nowhere, rewinds time, Sonic catches the snowflake and wins.
The end.

:DOGE

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
It's Evo 2020, Grand Finals, Tom Brady, now the Elder God of FGC with the support of his followers takes SubZero's Dead of Winter variation to top 8 grand finals on the losers side. Fire God SonicFox is waiting for him, practicing teabags and switch stances with his Joker (DLC), already feeling that he's ready to react to sub's mix, surely it's gonna be an easy W for him.

Then outta nowhere, SubZero appears in the crowd. He was just teleported there by other Elder Gods to help Tom in his magnificent journey. SubZero sees Tom and realizes that this is the true champion of mortal kombat and the best candidate for the new Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. Without hesitation Subzero performs a slide and slides into Tom Brady's body. His Body erupts in a huge Icy explosion, making him the new Snow Lord Brady.

In the Epic Battle, the Snow Lord resets the bracket, making Sonic take off his furry mask. Sonic switches to Acidic Alien (DLC) and beats the Snow Lord 3-0. Cocky as always, the Fire God starts doing what he's been waiting all weekend to do - performing the fastest teabag ever during the fatality sequence. Outta nowhere a snowflake appears and lands on Sonic's L2 button, giving Tom a Mercy.

Tom's quickly doing the slide Krushing Blow to the shocked Sonic and wins this match. He is back at it, the crowd goes wild, the commentators are having an orgasm. But Tom is not here to joke around: the snowflake gave strength to his sub's mix and it became completely unreactable to Sonic.
The Snow Lord takes game 2 and it's 2-2 now.

Tom takes game 3 and lifts the Fire God's reign of the best NRS player of all time. He can't believe it, Sonic is at a loss. Looks like it's a New Era now.

Kronika appears outta nowhere, rewinds time, Sonic catches the snowflake and wins.
The end.

:DOGE
wow ..... fellow, whatever you are taking, stop it ! too much drugs are not cool, hehe :p

I personally really enjoyed the whole reboot trilogy's story overall. It's far from perfect, but it was entertaining and fun, and they did some cool things with the characters. I personally found Mortal Kombat X's the weakest, what with the blatant plot holes and dropped plot lines, and I liked Mortal Kombat (2011) the most because it started the whole reboot and was extremely nostalgic inducing given the time period it was covering.

They've now set things up where they can go in any direction they please, and I see no issue with keeping it simple and having the next title based around a simple and proper tournament. I don't want to see a complete rehash of the previous stories again though, something new, but simple.

In truth, I would be very interested in another action/adventure, or a single player RPG set in the universe; that would be fantastic and allow for more in-depth story telling.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The old timeline or timelines Elder Gods may be gone, but Liu kangs ending hinted that he among others Raiden, Cage, Kitana etc the heroes from the realms became the new Elder Gods so they can just beat the One Being.

Liu Kang is also the current lord of time of everything, so I'm sure with Raidens help, knowledge they can create a contingency plan for Onaga, the one being, shinnok etc, etc I also want to see Raiden become God of thunder and lightning again but liu kang remain a firegod. I'd also like to see every realm have a God protector.

The old timeline or timelines Elder Gods may be gone, but Liu kangs ending hinted that he among others Raiden, Cage, Kitana etc the heroes from the realms became the new Elder Gods so they can just beat the One Being.

Liu Kang is also the current lord of time of everything, so I'm sure with Raidens help, knowledge they can create a contingency plan for Onaga, the one being, shinnok etc, etc I also want to see Raiden become God of thunder and lightning again but liu kang remain a firegod. I'd also like to see every realm have a God protector.
Some great ideas. In my first post the story opened up to lead to every realm to abstract its essence to reforge new kamidogu's (such as the Jinsei of Earthrealm / Mystical orb of Edenia). The Sacred Amulet which is needed to complete the One Beings merger of all realms and end reality, would be designed to conceal its location from the One Being, however everytime it is used to purify a warriors foresight or unleash the energy is absorbs (such as Dark Raidens powers back to Raiden), Shinnok can sense it. So this story could very well play as an adventure to each realm altered by The One Being / Fire God Lui Kang.