What's new

Possible New Tech

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
B2 is a straight forward overhead that you cannot fuzzy guard on reaction, but you can see 2, 1+2 coming a mile away.
Technically you can make 2, 1+2 into a 50/50 with takedown. It is a much safer alternative and leads to higher damage, but obviously the intelligent thing to would be just blocking high. So in essence it's not much of a 50/50, however most will be content with just blocking high and eating a takedown. It's relatively safe and free damage /shrug.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
To put it in another way, the learning curve for a hitbox (or keyboard if you wish to take the EagleEye route) in a fighter is pretty difficult, but once you get adjusted to it, you'll be able to do iaTele more consistently.

Well, Smoke players cannot use their teleport to gain aggressive advantage cause they will be d1~teleported before they land so that limits their gameplan severely. No more teleporting behind you and then making you bath in pressure.

emerc

Noob
Most damaging punish of a blocked teleport that I know of would be 1,1 dash 3~tp dash 1,1 spear.. (~33% i think)

if KL overheads on tp, don't you lose?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Key
(A) A is optional
[A/B] Exclusively A or B
Pressure-string: 1,1; 2,1; 3,3
Poke: D1; D4; 1; 2; 3

BnB Discretion
What is this now? (jin.P) Pressure-string xx Spear nj.P dash B2 jin.K xx Teleport [jin.K xx [Teleport/Air Throw]/dash Pressure-string xx Takedown] :36-40% damage.
Why should I care? Since all three strings do the same amount of damage, the real difference comes in where your opponent winds up after the combo. Ending with a second Teleport puts them right at your feet, ending with Air Throw puts them at full-screen, and ending with Takedown puts them just outside jump distance. Obviously, one should be favored over the other for certain matchups, such as ending with Air Throw for Johnny Cage and Nightwolf or ending with Teleport for Ermac and Cyrax.

Vortex Part I: Mix-Ups
What is this now? (jin.P) [B2 jin.K xx Teleport dash 3,3 Spear/F4 xx Spear] (jover.P) F2,1 xx Teleport :20+% damage with reset plus good advantage.
Why should I care? Scorpion's best 50/50 mix-up can be "looped" with this, since Teleport on standing-hit will stagger the opponent long enough for a dash/jin.P into B2 or F4 xx Spear.

Vortex Part 2: Anti-Air
What is this now? ( [Poke/Pressure-string] xx Teleport dash 3,3 xx ) Spear (jover.P) F2,1 xx Teleport :20+% damage with reset plus good advantage.
Why should I care? Scorpion's best meterless AA combos end with a Vortex setup. Also, due to the decreased advantage on jin.P, this can be "looped" as well if your opponent decides to jump instead of block/duck-block.

Vortex Part 3: Void BnB
What is this now? (jin.P) Pressure-string xx Spear nj.P dash B2 jin.K xx Teleport F4,3 Spear :34-38% damage.
Why should I care? Use this in place of the Meaty D3 3,3 Frame Trap to set up a vortex, negate wake-ups, and keep most of the BnB damage.[/U]

Meaty D3 3,3 Frame Trap
What is this now? (jin.P) Pressure-string xx Spear nj.P dash B2 jin.K xx Teleport 1,1 xx Spear ... D3 ... 3,3 : 34 - 38% damage with wake-up stuffing meaty followed by frametrap 3,3
Why should I care? Use this in place of the double jin.K xx Teleport BnB if your opponent as some good anti-pressure wake-up options and the extra damage won't end the match. Only works after double spear knockdown.

Meaty Spear
What is this now? In certain matchups (notably Kitana), you can time a Spear after an Air Throw to negate the opponent's wakeup options, forcing them to either block or eat the spear.
Why should I care? On hit, you get either an AA Spear combo or a BnB combo. On block, you gain meter for a blocked special. Possible for the opponent to duck, but then that opens mix-up opportunities with Meaty Demon Fire.
Epic Note: Could possibly also work after a Takedown since both Air Throw and Takedown are untechable. More experimentation required.

Low Whiffed Air Throw
What is this now? If an Air Throw is whiffed close to landing, Scorpion recovers much quicker than normal.
Why should I care? It builds meter, and there is always an opportunity to do it in after a Spear or after a knockdown (see update in post below).

Just Frame Safe Teleport
What is this now? Since it's more of a timing skill than a muscle memory skill, I'll spare the combo jargon for once. Basically, it's an Air Teleport that is performed so low to the ground that the entire attack is cancelled before it hits. Much safer than regular Teleport.
Why should I care? Ever had trouble getting in without meter against a zoner? This is your answer. Be wary: while possible to do a regular jump then Teleport low to the ground, it's generally better to do an instant air Teleport instead.
Other Relevant Links Safe Teleport Setups

Shoutouts
Shoutouts to @RedDijinn for the BnB tutorial video
Shoutouts to @King for the Vortex tutorial video and Slips for discovering the Void BnB
Shoutouts to @Check for discovering the Meaty D3 3,3 Frame Trap and Kedra for the tutorial video
Shoutouts to Trini_Bwoi for the Safe Teleport tutorial video
Shoutouts to RedRaptor10 for the Meaty Spear and Low Whiffed Air Throw tech and Kedra (again) for discovering that it can be used in any combo with Spear without sacrificing damage
Shoutouts to @Slips for helping put Scorpion on the map, especially after Frosty Faustings IV
Shoutouts to every single one of ya who play Scorpion
Shoutouts to @Storms for bringing this to the front page the first time

Let me know if I'm missing anything ... again.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
A whiffed air throw close to the ground will allow Scorpion to recover almost instantly, and the hit advantage from Spear allows an extra, empty xj (crossover jump) or nj (neutral jump), allowing Scorpion to easily build meter off of a whiffed air throw.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
A whiffed air throw close to the ground will allow Scorpion to recover almost instantly, and the hit advantage from Spear allows an extra, empty xj (crossover jump) or nj (neutral jump), allowing Scorpion to easily build meter off of a whiffed air throw.
Well well, we're going to have to add that to the guide. I didn't ever think of that.
You're a beast!

ELC

Scrublord McGee
To be fair, I had blown off the whiffed air throw tech until I saw Kedra use it after a Spear and still get the same amount of damage.

3, 3, 4 is a very good string. Those fist two kicks are very fast and will beat out a lot of other strings.

If you're feeling brave, you could try to link a spear after 3, 3 but I will find that sometimes only one of the kicks will connect, so the safest option is just to go through with the last 4 to create some space between the both of you.
Sometimes you just know the 33 will connect for sure like when you stop pressure strings. Works especially well against Kitana, Sonya, Johnny Cage, Cyrax, Reptile (for punishing his dash), Raiden, Kano, Liu Kang, Rain and that's off the top of my head. Against JC, I usually want to be put in a frame trap cause that just gives me the opportunity to put him in a vortex, but that's when Im feeling patient.

I'll even follow up f3 and f4,3 with 33~spear sometimes cause people usually try to hit back after it if they dont cross up but 33 is just too fast for most attacks. I test their reactions before I do it of course. You can use it as an AA. You can use it for pressuring and preventing pokes and uppercuts. It can also be used to provoke cross ups for those who AA with d1. The usefulness of 33 cannot be overstated.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
EX tele isn't good for getting out of pressure. Just because its EX doesn't mean it has invincibility frames. That only applies to doing it on wake-up. Best way to get out of pressure is d1 and EX takedown (since it has armor). Jump is good too depending on what they are pressuring you with. EX spear is possible but risky because you can get blown up if they start pressuring with low pokes or do a cross over. Sometimes they are just too close too and it randomly whiffs.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Update: building meter with whiffed Air Throw in combos only works with two crossover jumps. It does not work at all with nj.P.

This means a few things. First, it will not work with the void. Second, it will work with the nj.P B2 BnBs, but only if you substitute a xj.P instead nj.P (loss of 4% damage). Finally, this will always work with any Vortex setup (including the Gravedigger BnB) without sacrificing damage.

ryublaze

Noob
Update: building meter with whiffed Air Throw in combos only works with two crossover jumps. It does not work at all with nj.P.

This means a few things. First, it will not work with the void. Second, it will work with the nj.P B2 BnBs, but only if you substitute a xj.P instead nj.P (loss of 4% damage). Finally, this will always work with any Vortex setup (including the Gravedigger BnB) without sacrificing damage.
It works with NJP but has very strict timing:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/whiffed-air-throw-to-build-meter.9725/

CYracks

Command Grabber
Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum, but I've been seeing some posts in here since the new MK's release.
Tomorrow I started to play with scorpion, and I saw the IA Teleport thread, and it's to hard to do it consistently, I got it 1 time only.
I'm gonna do Scorpion my main, so I was thinking that maybe in hitbox it can be done more easily. Before I buy one, can someone, that have hitbox, tell me if it's more easy or not?

My thanks
I recently purchased a Hitbox. If I had to compare learning other techniques that are possible​
on the Hitbox preforming Scorpions IA teleport would be just as difficult as Kabals IA fireball .​
I bought the Hitbox with the intention of using it for MK. However, I use it for UMVC3 instead because learning to Hitbox MK is really tough. It's great for 4 button fighting (games without a block button). Learning to Hitbox UMVC3 took about 5min.​

2, 1+2 for close range and b2 for for medium range. Duh.. :p

11, 2, 1+2 does work you know. Just condition your opponent to block low. I always start with 11, 33, 4 though.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
In my opinion, I'd go with the 2 Takedown and 2 1+2 mix-ups as a safer option. Even with distance, b2 can still get punished.