What's new

Possible MK11 Roster reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I swear if they bring back Jacqui Briggs in the main roster, but not Sindel and Mileena...
Literally no one wants that character back.
Fuck Sindel, I hope she stays dead.

I like Jacqui and want her back.

Never, EVER say nobody likes a fighting game character in a major series because someone always has fans, even if they aren’t massively exciting.

If she comes back in this game, expect her to have major changes like everyone else.

Sounds like speculation mixed with all the leaks we got. I'll do him one better:

Full roster leak:
Scorpion
Raiden
Sub zero
Baraka
Skarlet
Geras
Kronika
Sonya
Johnny cage
Rain
Noob
Jade
Shang stung
Liu kung
Kung lao
Cassie cage
Kotal Kahn
Kabal
Erron black
Fujin
Shao Kahn
Kano
Jaquie
Takeda
New character

You will have to take my words for it.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Please stop giving this man views!

It's literally disgusting to me how someone could so obviously spread some bullshit misinformation for more clicks on YouTube. The selfish self-promotion behind his intention is just flat out gross to me. Ugh...

This makes me question his list. If he was told kung lao was not playable then who was the character that he replaced with him?
To support the case for the in-again, out-again, in-again Kung Lao, Kahn was promised to be playable in MK2011 -- with one of the (IIRC) six character reveal slots dedicated to him at the pertaining, official website -- only to be left half-baked at the last minute, and relegated to 'non-playable boss' status (*Kahn, Goro and Kintaro all had dedicated in-game moves lists -- all accessible with the applicable 'boss hack' installed).

As such, it is well possible that the roster remains in-flux until very late in development. Something that, although incongruous on face value (i.e., why waste resources on chars. that you do not intent to finish / make money from?), is actually reconcilable -- in terms of assets being used for NPC's and then left as thus. Some examples of where this could occur: Where fan demand for such add-on content, is deemed insufficient; where the game's overall sales do not warrant the on-going $upport necessary to flesh the character/s out.

Having said that, the roster is likely fake. If for none of the other myriad arguments one could use to poke holes in the claim, then because this is the season for attention-seekers to be merry... and that there is no proof.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
MKX was leaked by JamesMK around December 2014 / February 2015.
No one was suspected his list to be true, untill NRS released a story trailer by the end of February, along with leaked photos of Jax and Kenshi (and maybe more), that confirmed his list.

Then this guy on youtube made this video by the beginning of March, while people following that stuff alwready knew evertything.
I bet he was just claiming this leak to be his own.
Only people miss informed fall for this.

I kinda like his roster, although it does not have Smoke and Frost.
No Sindel makes more pessimistic, I think all 3 NPC will be playable.
Anyway NRS left many clues of who will be playable, so this roster is safe for the most part with all those semi-confirmed characters.

If that "Kollector" newcomer gets announced, I will change my mind.
But that youtuber does not really take much risks by saying this name might be a placeholder, things can change and so on...
I don't know who exactly leaked the MKX roster, but it wasn't JamesMK. I remember him trying to convince everyone that Human Smoke was in, so yeah, the ones he was right about, he was right about by accident lol.

SenSx

Noob
He had a few mistakes, like Shang Tsung too or Sektor maybe, but backtracked after that.
I really remember it was JamesMK.

One thing that makes me doubtfull of this supposed new MK11 leak, is the fact that he says devs really focused on the different versions of the characters (young and older).
That something that appeared on a MK discord as true leak info from insiders, and then repeated on gamefaqs.

He is just piggybacking the same stuff with he exact same words.

Last edited:

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I actually think this would be a great starting roster. It definitely doesn't have many of the characters I wanted to make it in apart from Kitana and Raiden (Tanya, Ashrah. Mileena, Li Mei, Sindel are my other favorites ), but I think it has a nice blend of characters which covers most bases.

If it is true... Mileena and Smoke WILL be DLC. Mark my words!

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
The 'Kollector' character has been part of other supposed leaks that have been debunked.

The MKX roster was leaked by JamesMK who is not this person.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

Never, EVER say nobody likes a fighting game character in a major series because someone always has fans, even if they aren’t massively exciting.

If she comes back in this game, expect her to have major changes like everyone else.
i like Jacqui as well ...also this is a visual chart of his "leaks"

Last edited:

SubZeroIce

Runway
Hmmm I don't like his roster but I hope it's true just for the fact that Fujin is in. Honestly, I need my boy back. Been too long.

I would prefer Li Mei or Sindel above Jacqui & Havik over Jax. They really need to understand we LIKE the 3D characters. They just need more time to grow and develop.

SubZeroIce

Runway
How? In my opinion she lacks so much in originality that I can’t even imagine a change. I will appreciate if you help me open my mind.
I don't like Jacqui at all but I think the biggest issue with MK is that they create uninspired characters for no reason and then just throw them away when they don't get popular. It's easy for a ninja to get popular because people love ninjas, but it's harder for others.

For example... Kai was only created to succeed Liu Kang in MKDA (there's concept art for him) but they scrapped cause the character was uninspired. Reiko -> Shao Kahn. Shinnok -> Shang Tsung. Frost -> Sub-Zero w/ tits. Jarek -> Kano. Kira -> Sonya/Kano. Kobra -> Ken from SF. Mavado -> Kabal. Ashrah -> Kung Lao with tits.

They have the opportunity to revamp the uninspired ones and make them fully fleshed characters with their own identities (like Tekken has done), but they choose to just never re-visit them. Honestly, All Jacqui needs is more tech and a different deisgn. The army brat thing was extremely dumb and just felt SO uninspired.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I laughed when he said some of these might be made up to catch the leaker. Say cetrtain things to certain people and see what comes up. I would imagine it’s much harder when you are using some other studio to create the switch version as well. Shit is going to leak.

But even after he explains this trap, he names the “kollector” as a character lol. I was like wow, talk about trap info lmao. If he is telling the truth, he just threw his source under the bus lmao! What a scumbag.

SubZeroIce

Runway
I laughed when he said some of these might be made up to catch the leaker. Say cetrtain things to certain people and see what comes up. I would imagine it’s much harder when you are using some other studio to create the switch version as well. Shit is going to leak.

But even after he explains this trap, he names the “kollector” as a character lol. I was like wow, talk about trap info lmao. If he is telling the truth, he just threw his source under the bus lmao! What a scumbag.
Yeah this dude is kind of the scum of the Earth. But it all sounds bogus. He doesn't even believe the shit he's saying since he adds SO much doubt.

But NRS putting out info to see who's leaked is actually true. I know they've been doing that for music (Which is why music doesn't leak as often nowadays) so it's only logical it was happening with NRS, and my friend who works there said they do stuff like that for the people who work lower down the food chain.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
How? In my opinion she lacks so much in originality that I can’t even imagine a change. I will appreciate if you help me open my mind.
I can’t do that.

Not every character is for every person.

Some people think ninjas that shoot smoke are boring, but think women that kickbox with big metal gauntlets that have guns attached to them are cool.

I don’t think people are wrong for not liking that sort of thing as much as others, but I don’t think it’s fair to say “nobody” which is why that other person pissed me off a little.

She’ll probably just keep getting crazier military weaponry strapped to her and have more brutal and impressive kickboxing moves. Given how brutal and smooth looking Sonya’s MMA looks so far, it’ll probably look even crazier than that.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
How someone can dislike Sindel, and actively like Jacqui is so far beyond my comprehension it makes my head hurt.
It’s almost like people come from different backgrounds and have different tastes and prefer different things.

I don’t care about some old woman that screams and slaps people with hair.

I want to beat the shit out of people as someone with fists that are also guns and kickboxing styled attacks.

Does anyone know what leak originally spoke of a "Kollector"? I feel like I've seen that name before (outside of the Kollector's Edition) and am fairly curious as to how much this "GameZombie" is cribbing from that one?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

I love Sindel and Jacqui please don't pit them against each other :(

Status
Not open for further replies.