What's new

Possible DC Mortal Kombat comic?

Also note: if they do move MK into DC canon, the multiverse model also allows for there to be multiple MK universes. Classic MK and MK9 reboot universe, anyone?
I can see the DC heroes chewing out the MK heroes for killing,and the MK heroes saying sometimes they have no choice when dealing with someone like Quan Chi. Heck Wonder Woman already did that to Sub-Zero in MK vs DCU. She did remark the world he comes from must be more brutal then the DCU so she's at least smart enough to acknowledge that things are different in the MK world.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
The stickier issues are the mythology ones. How do you reconcile something like the Elder Gods or the various realms against current DC mythology? It wouldn't be easy.

Edit: Though I suppose they could decide that Shinnok and Neron are pals...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In MK, universes are called Realms, and there is doppelganger in each one of them, actually every MK Realm has different ppl and different warriors, as we were told along these years.

Earthrealm: Liu Kang, Sonya, Jax, Cage, Cyrax, Sub-Zero, Sektor, Smoke, Stryker Kabal, Kung Lao, Shojinko, Jarek, Kai, hydro, Tremor, Scorpion (human), Nightwolf, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Kobra, Kira, Kenshi.
Outworld: Shao Kahn, Baraka, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Skarlet, Mileena, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Reiko, Goro, Kintaro, Motaro, Sheeva, Dragon King.
Netherrealm: Scorpion(ghost), Noob Saibot, Drahmin, Moloch, Ashrah, Kia, Jataaka, Sareena, Quan Chi.
Edenia: Jade, Kitana, Tanya, Sindel, Rain.
Orderrealm : Darrius, Hotaru.
Chaosrealm: Havik.
Gods: Raiden, Shinnok, Firegod(Kajin/Hinoka), Fujin, watergod(Mijin) Earthgod.
Sons of the Elder Gods: Taven, Daegon.

Earthrealm is the realm with more warriors, since its divided between:
Temple from the order of light, LinKuei, Special Forcers, Black Dragon, Red Dragon, and one only casual which is stryker, Cage, and Kenshi who was fooled by Shang Tsung in the past.

The Comes the entire Shao Khan's, tarkatans and shokans seems to be native from outworld, Reiko is basically the emperor aprentice, i'm not so sure about Li Mei, but i do remember her being related to the Dragon King Somehow., Bo Rai Cho was outworld native as well before he goes to earthrealm training shaolin monks, and yet there is the lab works of shang Tsung, like Skarlet and Mileena.

Netherrealm actually i though it would be short on warrios but it seems to be the 3rd realm with the most right after outworld.
Noob, Scorpion and all the others like the sisterhood of shadow came from this place, except maybe Quan Chi.

The only ones who i dunno where they came from are the gods and the son of the elder gods, we don't know how they took this position.

But yeah, it would be hella hype, if MK could get a cannon comic release, even if it is by DC comics

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The stickier issues are the mythology ones. How do you reconcile something like the Elder Gods or the various realms against current DC mythology? It wouldn't be easy.

Edit: Though I suppose they could decide that Shinnok and Neron are pals...

Easily solved. Don't merge it with DC mythology? Why would you possibly need to do it?! (*sigh* other than the inevitable appearance by Batman to boost sales) Don't get me wrong, I'd like an MK comic, it would be cool. If it was one of infinite worlds? Okay, so long as it never crossed over. You don't need to smush DC history and MK history together because all it would do is create mess. As you said: it wouldn't be easy, and fans would be disappointed by whatever contrived reasoning they gave. MK is awesome without DC, DC is awesome without MK. So give MK a comic, without DC appearances... and give me a DC game without MK appearances *sobs fat tears of salt*. Both are good enough to stand on their own two feet.

Also 52 universes wasn't writing themselves into a corner, we never even saw half of them! Infinite possibilities isn't necessary, I mean sure you don't lose anything by having it but you don't gain anything either? Infinite possibilities leads to pants-on-head retarded explanations for things usually.

Martian Manhunter is green superman who can turn intangible. I'll take Scorpion over a character who is solely popular because of his inclusion in a cartoon.
scorpion is a port from mk9. Telepathy and shapeshifting alone can go a long way, and it would be a new gameplay design to the franchise. scorpion has been scorpion for god knows how many games, it's boring to include him with this lazy of a moveset.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I got that impression myself. I think it would be cool to see Scorpion fuck up some DC guys, like another member said in the trailer thread, he seems like the only one who showed up to fuck some people up.
Scorpion would get his ass kicked by nearly the entire roster except joker, harley, bane, and maybe batman lol

DuskAlloy

Martian Manhunter is green superman who can turn intangible. I'll take Scorpion over a character who is solely popular because of his inclusion in a cartoon.
MMH actually has an interesting back story, Scorpion is just a fire ninja who couldnt even bring back his own family because he was butt hurt... oh wait im sorry Scorpion is an amazing character because he's EXTREEEME lol

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
What interesting backstory? He's an alien from a dead world with super strength and eyebeams. He's fucking green Superman. And believe me, I know his backstory. I've been reading DC since I was a child. Don't try and peddle that horseshit on me.

What interesting backstory? He's an alien from a dead world with super strength and eyebeams. He's fucking green Superman. And believe me, I know his backstory. I've been reading DC since I was a child. Don't try and peddle that horseshit on me.
still a better story than teddy bear hater angsty ninja that refuses to let a guy he doesn't know from saving the universe

DuskAlloy

Then tell me... what makes scorpion a better character?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Gameplay value.
I think the idea that Scorpion should be included based on the value of his gameplay is frankly just silly.

Because that's basically, "Scorpion should be included because you can play as Scorpion" and that is not a unique selling point, there are other fighters where I can play as Scorpion. It's like when they included Heihachi in Soul Calibur... 2 I think? It wasn't the most awesome thing ever because there was already a fighting game where I could play as him.

IDK, whatever right? People want in who they want in etc.

Scorpion included for gameplay value is terrible, he shut downs most zoners and you can already play him in every single MK, while a dc character would bring something new to the fighting game genre.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
ITT: People who have no fucking clue what J'onn J'onzz's powers are.

He has Superman's powers, plus mind-reading and telepathic communication. This does not extend to something like mind control, which would be the only potential use of his telepathic powers in gameplay. The only other power he has that Superman does not is the ability to become intangible.

So picture this - he's a character with eyebeams and a Flash dodge. He'd be boring, and the bitchfest would be absolutely fucking legendary.

He has Superman's powers, plus mind-reading and telepathic communication. This does not extend to something like mind control, which would be the only potential use of his telepathic powers in gameplay. The only other power he has that Superman does not is the ability to become intangible.

So picture this - he's a character with eyebeams and a Flash dodge. He'd be boring, and the bitchfest would be absolutely fucking legendary.
Shapeshifting would be very fun and varied and i'm not talking shang tsung style of shapeshifting, mindrape is also good for stunning and shit.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Shapeshifting would be very fun and varied and i'm not talking shang tsung style of shapeshifting
He can't use it to do anything cool in combat. He can't - or at least, never does - shape his arms into huge blades or something. He just punches shit. His shapeshifting powers only come into play when he needs to disguise himself.

mindrape is also good for stunning and shit.
Not a power he has.

DuskAlloy

Wat? No but he has super strength, flight, telepathy, intangability, mass control, lazers, and shape shifting, and yet you say that a ninja with fire has more potential...

He can't use it to do anything cool in combat. He can't - or at least, never does - shape his arms into huge blades or something. He just punches shit. His shapeshifting powers only come into play when he needs to disguise himself.

Not a power he has.
he mindraped despero recently. and he shapeshifted to battle the justice league