What's new

Possible DC Mortal Kombat comic?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam

This pic got me interested. Its hinting at another reason, another reason other than pissing off people who thought they would pick people that people wanted.

Could it be that with the inclusion of Jim Lee, and the fact that DC designed this scorpion, that scorpion and MK could get a comic from DC? Maybe bringing them into the larger DC universe in some way.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I got that impression myself. I think it would be cool to see Scorpion fuck up some DC guys, like another member said in the trailer thread, he seems like the only one who showed up to fuck some people up.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I see this differently than most. NRS re-designed the look of each of DC's characters in IGAU and this is more of Jim Lee showing his idea of how he would imagine an MK character in his vision, or DC is boning up to do a comic series where they get to put there take on the MK universe, I honestly don't see the MK univesre becoming a cannonical part in the DCU, its kinda like DC coming back to return the favor for what NRS managed to do for them that no other game developer was really able to do with there material, that is create a very good and well recieved DC fighting game.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I wouldn't doubt it. mk comics have been around for ages, I own quite a few. if they were to do a crossover comic series, I would like DC to create a new mk character and nrs to create a new DC character. just a thought.....

JaredL

As long as it's a separate universe. I do not need MK in my DC and I don't need DC in my MK.

I wouldn't mind if its an alternate universe. MK is not our world, but another one, but it would still be accessible for whatever comic book writer wants as convenience. Maybe there is a scorpion run where he gets lost in our earth and he works as a mercenary? Maybe he seeks to come home and does cool shit on the way?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
DC has eaten up more than a few IPs in its past. Captain Marvel was acquired via lawsuit. Green Arrow was acquired via purchase of Quality Comics. Blue Beetle through purchase of Charlton Comics. The Wildcats were acquired via purchase of Wildstorm. I don't think MK's canon will easily migrate into mainline DC, but alternate universe? You betcha.

And if it sells, all bets are off. Trust that they will be looking for ways to emigrate these characters to the main line.

JaredL

DC has eaten up more than a few IPs in its past. Captain Marvel was acquired via lawsuit. Green Arrow was acquired via purchase of Quality Comics. Blue Beetle through purchase of Charlton Comics. The Wildcats were acquired via purchase of Wildstorm. I don't think MK's canon will easily migrate into mainline DC, but alternate universe? You betcha.

And if it sells, all bets are off. Trust that they will be looking for ways to emigrate these characters to the main line.

They won't find it hard to get MK since they are owned by WB at least.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Exactly my point. DC itself may be under a new umbrella now, but it's all still in the same company. DC is a brand more than a corporate entity now. The corporate entity they operate within already has the MK IP.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
From the amount that Ed Boon has been talking about the comics and then this as well, it would make sense. Even if it's only a mini-series.
I'd read it, but then again... I read everything.

As long as they don't try and make him fit in the DC Universe, let MK have it's own universe.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Also note: if they do move MK into DC canon, the multiverse model also allows for there to be multiple MK universes. Classic MK and MK9 reboot universe, anyone?
Seems like a waste since there are only 52 universes.
A crossover is fine but please not bringing them into DC proper.DC fans wont like it and neither will MK fans.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
The 52 universes thing was pre-Flashpoint. That series rebooted the entire multiverse to once again encapsulate infinite universes, as Injustice story mode makes a point of.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The 52 universes thing was pre-Flashpoint. That series rebooted the entire multiverse to once again encapsulate infinite universes, as Injustice story mode makes a point of.
Injustice isn't canon with the comics! The Earth-prime or Earth-1 which our heroes hail from in Injustice is not The New 52 Earth-1, thus Injustice takes place outside of the DC Comic Universe.

That being said, The New 52 hasn't established how many universes there are post-flashpoint, it can be anywhere between 2 and infinite.

These questions will likely be answered by the upcoming series Multiversity, coming in september I believe

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Injustice isn't canon with the comics! The Earth-prime or Earth-1 which our heroes hail from in Injustice is not The New 52 Earth-1, thus Injustice takes place outside of the DC Comic Universe.

That being said, The New 52 hasn't established how many universes there are post-flashpoint, it can be anywhere between 2 and infinite.

These questions will likely be answered by the upcoming series Multiversity, coming in september I believe
It's a hell of a lot more than two. They restructed the multiverse again because they became clearly aware of how limiting themselves to 52 universes was writing themselves into a corner. Trust me. We're back to infinite.

A comic is the least they could do for blowing off mmh and multiple DC characters for a wack ass mk9 port of scorpion with a new costume, throw and super.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Martian Manhunter is green superman who can turn intangible. I'll take Scorpion over a character who is solely popular because of his inclusion in a cartoon.