What's new

Possible Banned Abilities for Kustom Tournament Variations

Everything I've said still applies to the move as it is now. It's highly unsafe and the only argument that can be made is that it might be too broken in low life situations. Many characters can punish it easily. It's not like a far teleport where he moves a set distance away from the opponent so he can keep zoning, the distance between him and the opponent never changes because he simply swaps places with them, and after he swaps you have a full second to dash in or do something to close that gap even further
No. Ban It or Change it.

I don't want to fight Shang mains who use that shit in KL.

Slymind

Noob
I think Jet Stream could have been tweaked to have a really big startup, like Shao's damage buff.

At least tell me soul swap was changed.

Am I missing something here? What's the deal with Soul Swap? Why is it so OP?
Y'know what? You're right. It needs buffs since Shang is so low tier, it won't make him more annoying at all.
Make it do more damage, make the start up faster too.

Don't tone down Ground Freeze, Jetstream or Enhanced RP but keep this move.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Y'know what? You're right. It needs buffs since Shang is so low tier, it won't make him more annoying at all.
Make it do more damage, make the start up faster too.

Don't tone down Ground Freeze, Jetstream or Enhanced RP but keep this move.
What does that have to do with Shang‘s tier? This move already has definitive counter play and it doesn’t do a lot of damage. It’s fine as it is.

Slymind

Noob
make custom variations legal , ban all the fun moves ale leve only shit ones co no one will use them :D nrs logic
This is an overstatement, the only debatable ones are Fujin and Sub-Zero's and both will benefit from what they already have. I doubt people would even use revival moves, and Frost's cage is arguably the strongest move in the game.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
People already complaining about shang's 5% highly punishable side switch

meanwhile noob is now a hitconfirm machine where he can either hitconfirm for half your life, or be safe without spending meter
yep, great chance of Noob, now, being one of the best characters in MK11, if not the best ever , hehe ! ;)

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Everything I've said still applies to the move as it is now. It's highly unsafe and the only argument that can be made is that it might be too broken in low life situations. Many characters can punish it easily. It's not like a far teleport where he moves a set distance away from the opponent so he can keep zoning, the distance between him and the opponent never changes because he simply swaps places with them, and after he swaps you have a full second to dash in or do something to close that gap even further
@BarakaTile

After testing out this move a couple of times, I can see this move isn't as strong as it seems only if the opponent is at low health. Like you said, its very punishable and slow start up when up-close. When fighting a Baraka online, he stayed in close to me, so using this move would been a punish vs low reward for me. Only time I could use this is when I was full screen to entice him to move forward.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Sub Zero seem to get the treatment "The boy who cries wolf" the loudest from players who doesn't lab properly. MK Tom Brady shown you just how balance and fair this move is. Also once you test this out yourself, you can see how NOT BRoKEN this move is. You can block the EX Puddle and it disappears. When someone tries to put you into a puddle situation, you have wake up armor to get out. It's not a problem at all.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Core Trap should totally be banned lol. That shit is broooken.
It only does damage when you are on the edge of the cube, when you stand inside there is not damage at all. If you by the corner you have tools to get out of the corner. IT's NOT BRoKEN! If you fear being trap by the corner...well don't get cornered!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
It only does damage when you are on the edge of the cube, when you stand inside there is not damage at all. If you by the corner you have tools to get out of the corner. IT's NOT BRoKEN! If you fear being trap by the corner...well don't get cornered!
There are broken mid-screen setups too. Trust me, I'm a Cyrax pro lol. 1 bar can "net" you around 70% if you do it right. Not talking about the corner. It only gets worse there lol. Trust me, it should be banned or balanced for tournament mode.

Yes, I made a Cyrax "net" pun, and it was damn well worth it.

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
IMO the fact that Shang's soul swap literally guarantees a win in a low-health situation with no counterplay is enough to ban it

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
There are broken mid-screen setups too. Trust me, I'm a Cyrax pro lol. 1 bar can "net" you around 70% if you do it right. Not talking about the corner. It only gets worse there lol. Trust me, it should be banned or balanced for tournament mode.

Yes, I made a Cyrax "net" pun, and it was damn well worth it.
Comparing anything to MK9 Cyrax gets my attention LOL! Let me check out Ketchup and Mustard analysis today over this move.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Comparing anything to MK9 Cyrax gets my attention LOL! Let me check out Ketchup and Mustard analysis today over this move.
They don't really go into the broken midscreen stuff. Mustard uploaded a video a few days ago. On YouTube, look up at a video by a Frost player named ILGENOWSKI. He definitely did his homework. If Core Trap remains the same, I'm playing it until they nerf it lol.

has nrs actually given thought and extensive testing to why most of these should be banned or are they just going with gut feeling? i mean rain isn't even out

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
IMO the fact that Shang's soul swap literally guarantees a win in a low-health situation with no counterplay is enough to ban it
So does Kotal’s sunlight, Sindel’ s orbs. There are still chip kills from stuff with very little counter-play. I haven’t checked the startup frames but it’s certainly not fast. Maybe they can make it so it takes Last breath or something but I don’t really see a huge problem with this move. If people are that concerned with low health situations, then just nerf the damage. The move is fine

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
It's hard to take this list seriously. It doesn't make sense on its face. The one single move Stephanie mentioned on the KK that we know is banned--Terminator's Terminate--isn't on the list, but Endoskeleton is--which is so laughably bad that it's basically a joke move?

Robocop's Trick Shot? Oh come on. There's absolutely nothing broken about that move, by itself or in combination with anything else. They're not going to ban a move in one mode because of a funny visual effect but leave it in all others. What, we need to protect the super-delicate, fragile players of KL, but f- casual players, let them get vertigo...?

And a Rain move? They've obviously been working on this patch at the same time they've been balancing the KP2 characters, so why on earth would they bother adding brand new abilities that are too strong to use in competitive mode? That would be such a waste of effort.

This list is just wacky. The actual patch is the only thing that matters. We need to see those patch notes...